Forum for kitesurfers
joshwhite
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Zian Aquila & Kima any reviews?

Postby joshwhite » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:41 pm

I am considering buying 2 zian kites. No reviews anywhere of these. Can anybody here know anything about these kites, Aquila or Kima?

Thanks
Josh

dawind
Rare Poster
Gear: Zian Aquila 10m, 12m, 14m
Crazyfly 127cm, 136cm

Re: Zian Aquila & Kima any reviews?

Postby dawind » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:02 pm

I have a quiver of Aquila. I'm not much of a technical kiter, just like to have fun. I ride in waves, chop, no flat water. The Aquilas are awesome, don't hesitate. I have a 14m, a 12m, 10m all perfect. Super low bar pressure super comfortable. Always upwind of everybody else with these, don't get tired, always have fun. I'm not a big booster, but man are these things easy during jumps. The stability is just amazing. I can also tell you about the 7m and 9m I have tested them in strong wind, absolutely perfect :thumb: I've tried just about everything out there, Zian are among the best kites you can find IMO

I have also tested the Kima 9m and 11m and can't begin to tell you how awesome it is :o . . I plan on getting one soon, just don't want to part with my Aquila quiver so am scraping cash for the new Kima :wink: Also need a new surfboard :oops:

Rexroots
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Fort Lauderdale Beach
Favorite Beaches: I haven't gone anywhere abroad
Style: free style & wave riding
Gear: Slingshot

Postby Rexroots » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:58 am

I've been kiting for 10 plus years and The beach that I frequent is Fort Lauderdale Beach (between Oakland and Sunrise). I have either Slingshot, Cabrinha, RRD, Ocean Rodeo in my quiver.
Today the wind was blowing 20 mph gusting 25 mph and I was riding a Kima 9 meters and Aquila 11 meters. I was amazed about the kites. They are very user friendly. The de-power in the Aquila 11 is excellent when I did hit squalls of 25 mph today. Now I weigh about 140 lbs so I am lite and holding down the Aquila11 was no problem. And in addition, they both have awesome airtime (15 - 20 feet) and very smooth landing and was good to ride waves too. I am into big airs and waves and definitely these kites did a great job. I am getting a 9 meters Kima and probably either a 11 or 12 meters Aquila.They both are good kites.

ulx
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter-Ording, Germany
Favorite Beaches: Klitmøller (Denmark) and South Africa
Style: Strapless Surf- and Foilboard
Gear: Slingshot SST 8,7,6,5
Firewire Vader
Ketos Foil with Kakoo board 108x44

Postby ulx » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:39 pm

very entertaining :lol:

Olivier D
Medium Poster
Gear: Epic Screamer 2010 9m
Slingshot Lunacy
Brand Affiliation: EPIC

Postby Olivier D » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Did you guys take over the ECLIPSE KITES KIMA surf kite design? :o

I remember that they were great kites but from what I remember, the owner of the ECLIPSE comapny burned a lot of dealers on paid for kites that he never delivered. Customers ended up getting screwed as well. There may still be some KIMA surf kites for sale by ECLIPSE but nobody will touch them with a ten foot poll. I hope this does not cause your new brand a problem :thumb:
I was really surprised to see the KIMA name used again in the kite business. Probably not a great choice :nono:
eclipse kima.JPG
eclipse kima.JPG (52.67 KiB) Viewed 8536 times

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:06 pm

That's exactly what I was gonna say! :D
I wondered if Eclipse company had changed their name and were giving it another try.
Anyway, so who is the kite designer?
Where is the company based out of?

Seaman
Frequent Poster

Postby Seaman » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:50 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:Anyway, so who is the kite designer?Where is the company based out of?
google is your friend

http://www.zian.info/index.html

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby L0KI » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:06 pm

Seaman wrote:
Oldnbroken wrote:Anyway, so who is the kite designer?Where is the company based out of?
google is your friend

http://www.zian.info/index.html
Been there, does not answer the two questions I asked.

Zian
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: Zian

Postby Zian » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:16 pm

A short introduction; my name is Robert and I am the founder / owner of Zian kiteboarding.

The last 5 years I did work as a director of Global Sport Lanka (http://www.gslanka.lk/) and decided that it is time for a change, 8) but wanted to stay in the kite business as I do see great possibilities here.
I have had the lucky opportunity to be in one of the "hot spots" of “kite production and design” in this world and have greatly been involved myself in setting new quality and production standards for kites and also windsurf-sails. I have been working with quite a few people in the business around the globe.

My company is based in the beautiful country of Austria, my roots are Dutch (so do forgive me some spelling and grammar mistakes) .
I have absolutely nothing to do with Eclipse; Kima is just the Greek word for wave, and that is where our Kima is designed for, riding waves. We tried to give out Kites some meaning full names: Wave and Eagle, try jumping with an Aquila ;) The next C-Kite will be something like Dragon-Wing or so.

Zian was derived from the Chinese “Xian” translatable as “wizard; magician; shaman" (in Chinese mythology) or "genie; elf, fairy; nymph" (and a lot more)

Thanks for the asking and the opportunity to set thing straight. Feel free to ask more,
Robert

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby L0KI » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:53 pm

I like the eagle graphic and the black and green color scheme on the Aquila.
The graphic looks like a Northwestern Native American art theme.

Return to “Kitesurfing”