2013 Naish Park

Forum for kitesurfers
Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2013 Naish Park

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:39 am

Had a chance to ride a 2013 11M Naish Park today for a couple of hours. Pretty amazing kite all around. Great upwind, lots of power, surprisingly light bar pressure (on stiffest setting) and it ripped me off the water when boosting. Of course there is no float but looping it on the decent was super easy. That kite turns on a dime and whips around quick.

Like I said above...I was really surprised at how light the bar pressure was. Naish touts it as a blend between a C kite and a hybrid so I guess that makes it a hybrid hybrid or something. Anyway...the kite was amazing. If you get a chance to ride one I would highly recommend it.

heinzbush
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2013 Naish Park

Postby heinzbush » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:49 am

Hi,

I got the 9m and 7m and can confirm - they are really fun! It's a great allrounder and I love how the kite pulls you out of the water when jumping! I use them on my twin tip and in the waves with a directional...

Besides all the great attributes, here are the things that I personally don't like:
- the canopy material feels a bit soft / thin / fragile... I never had issues with it (no rips, tears or micro holes at all), but still, it doesn't feel as "bullet proof" compared to other kites... time will tell...
- I personally don't like the deflate valves on each strut - the "clip valves" you find on other kites are easier & faster... both options have pro's and con's of course...
- I'm coming from the Kahoonas (yes, you can not directly compare them since the Park is a more hybrid C). I can feel the Park turns a bit faster, but on the other hand it is "much more nervous" and reacts more to gusts... The Park frontstalled a couple of times and hindenburged when I had it parked at 12 without paying much attention (which I know I should not do, so I don't blame the Park for my mistake - however being used to the Kahoona that "allows" mistakes like that..)
- has nothing to do with the kite directly, but I really don't like the bar. I have the below the bar depower which is really "a pain in the a&$"... sometimes I pull it and it doesn't say... also I don't like the thin diameter and the plastic feels cheap compared to other brands (e.g. North, Cabrinha, Best)...

nikolaygadzhev77
Medium Poster

Postby nikolaygadzhev77 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:30 pm

nice kite I have 10m-7m think too go for 14m but ................... depower line on the bar i change 2 every sesson :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: and i washing all lines with fresh water but overall is nice kites :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: i weat for the 2014 :baby: :baby: to come

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:43 pm

nikolaygadzhev77 wrote:nice kite I have 10m-7m think too go for 14m but ................... depower line on the bar i change 2 every sesson :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: and i washing all lines with fresh water but overall is nice kites :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: i weat for the 2014 :baby: :baby: to come
Опаа...малко се поувлече със смените!

Osprey1
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Golden Gardens, Richmond Beach, Double Bluff
Favorite Beaches: Double Bluff, The Hatchery, Damon Point
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish, Board Riding Maui

Postby Osprey1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:34 pm

In my opinion I didn't like the 2013 Parks as much as my 2012's so I decided no to upgrade. One huge issue I had with the 2013's was their propensity to backstall when using a 2012 bar. Moreover, the 9m had an inversion issues which I think was caused by a smaller LE. Can't wait for the 2014's though, hopefully they've sorted these issues out. I'm definitely in the market for upgrading the quiver.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:21 am

Osprey1 wrote:In my opinion I didn't like the 2013 Parks as much as my 2012's so I decided no to upgrade. One huge issue I had with the 2013's was their propensity to backstall when using a 2012 bar. Moreover, the 9m had an inversion issues which I think was caused by a smaller LE. Can't wait for the 2014's though, hopefully they've sorted these issues out. I'm definitely in the market for upgrading the quiver.
hmm, I have the 9 and mine does not invert at all?

The thing I really enjoy is the added grunt to the kite. It now can also be ridden with a raceboard, something that could not be done before..or at least I could not. The added power made me also able to go on the 9 when I before would choose the 10. You know in those instances where you can go with either....
I also enjoy the shorter bridle, though it is not a huge issue for me. Other things. Better hangtime, similar jumping, similar turning, but feel like more power while looping...

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:40 am

You have both a 9 and a 10???

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:52 am

Starsky wrote:You have both a 9 and a 10???
Had a 10.

Kiteus Maximus
Medium Poster

Postby Kiteus Maximus » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:31 am

The one I rode had below the bar depower. Anyone have any input on the above the bar depower?

Also someone mentioned the kite does not do well in gusts. Can you please explain how it does not handle gusts well?

nikolaygadzhev77
Medium Poster

Postby nikolaygadzhev77 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:59 am

im 90 ish kg my bottom end on 10 with TT 136/41 is 16 knots
and the colours baby so so sexy :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: I lovet

Return to “Kitesurfing”