Favorite Beaches: oliphant
Style: free ride
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nobile or North

Postby whitey68 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:59 am

Just currious if anyone has rode the NHP and the Jamie. Wondered how they each were in the chop, up wind and small waves.Im working on the basic tricks, love catching air. I have an awesome light wind board, but the other tt i have is a jimmy lewis and it sucks trying to get up wind!!!so let me know that would be great. Thanks ; Whitey

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Re: NOBILE or NORTH

Postby Caesar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:37 am

whitey68 wrote:Just currious if anyone has rode the NHP and the Jamie. Wondered how they each were in the chop, up wind and small waves.Im working on the basic tricks, love catching air. I have an awesome light wind board, but the other tt i have is a jimmy lewis and it sucks trying to get up wind!!!so let me know that would be great. Thanks ; Whitey
Hi mate,

Which year NHP and which year Jamie? They had different performances every year.
I kited both the NHP 2011 and the Jamie 2011(?) if I remember correctly. The Jamie was much smoother on my knees. The NHP was good, but I liked the Jamie better. I didn't like the size of the Jamie because it was around 7cm longer to have similar upwind ability (I prefer shorter boards because of traveling).
So now I would like to confuse you- try the Shinn Monk and then let us know which of those 3 boards you like most. I sold the NHP after testing the Monk (and bought more "back-up" Monks afterwards).

Cheers
Caesar :-)

whitey68
Rare Poster
Local Beach: oliphant

Re: NOBILE or NORTH

Postby whitey68 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:42 am

Caesar wrote:
whitey68 wrote:Just currious if anyone has rode the NHP and the Jamie. Wondered how they each were in the chop, up wind and small waves.Im working on the basic tricks, love catching air. I have an awesome light wind board, but the other tt i have is a jimmy lewis and it sucks trying to get up wind!!!so let me know that would be great. Thanks ; Whitey
Hi mate,

Which year NHP and which year Jamie? They had different performances every year.
I kited both the NHP 2011 and the Jamie 2011(?) if I remember correctly. The Jamie was much smoother on my knees. The NHP was good, but I liked the Jamie better. I didn't like the size of the Jamie because it was around 7cm longer to have similar upwind ability (I prefer shorter boards because of traveling).
So now I would like to confuse you- try the Shinn Monk and then let us know which of those 3 boards you like most. I sold the NHP after testing the Monk (and bought more "back-up" Monks afterwards).

Cheers
Caesar :-)
Thanks bud iv goota try a shinn soon evryone seems to love them!!!!

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Re: Nobile or North

Postby KYLakeKiter » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:05 am

Yea Whitey, I think you are on the right track. I was doubtfull about all the Shinn hoopla on the forum for a while. This winter I picked up a Shinn Luigi on the cheap and I am totally impressed. I would say that if you pick the Shinn board that matches the kind of riding you want to do for your weight, you can't go wrong.

Please follow up with what you choose and how you like it. :bye:

whitey68
Rare Poster
Local Beach: oliphant

Postby whitey68 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:20 am

KYLakeKiter wrote:Yea Whitey, I think you are on the right track. I was doubtfull about all the Shinn hoopla on the forum for a while. This winter I picked up a Shinn Luigi on the cheap and I am totally impressed. I would say that if you pick the Shinn board that matches the kind of riding you want to do for your weight, you can't go wrong.

Please follow up with what you choose and how you like it. :bye:
Thanks bud i will follow up for sure !!! Whitey

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:34 am

I tried Caesars Monk and loved it a few months ago, try all you can buy the one you like da most.

Return to “Kitesurfing”