Olivier D
Medium Poster
Gear: Epic Screamer 2010 9m
Slingshot Lunacy
Brand Affiliation: EPIC
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby Olivier D » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:34 pm

Laughingman wrote:You really should get your facts straight before putting words in someones mouth
Sorry, my mistake :-? With all those posts I surely got confused

Anyway, friends of mine owe the INFINITY V2 and they have no problem kiting in 8 to 10 knots on the infinity. Jumping, kitelooping and going up wind wasn't a problem at all. But they are also light riders around 65 kg to 80 kg :thumb:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:22 pm

tomtombreizh wrote:. And yes Dimitri fell so what's the big deal.
The biggest deal is....that he did not...fall at all..his light blue T-Shirt stayed dry the whole time

The bid deal...he made it up....his boardshorts stayed dry

The big deal...he made a second video with special effect water bubbles ...to BS us about falling

The big deal...he could not retract his first explanation directed at Mr.Latino on KF

The big deal...HE SAID...he feel in..got back on SUP..lines got slack..kite went in the drink

The big deal...he tweaked the order of events in his second video...but still insist he fell in !!

The big deal..he jibed successfully the SUP..stalled the V3 ..still barely flying in it's original direction

The big deal...the kite went slowly but surely in the water...he kept his balance like a pro

The big deal...is the long explanation afterwards..blaming borrowed SUP...etc..etc...

He figured that BS'sing about falling and putting the spotlight on him instead of his kite.....
...was the best option

After all that Demo was to prove that his kite can stay flying in less than 5kn..4kn..3kn
And in his opinion it "failed"....so he put the focus on himself...brave or lame..you decide

He still has not answered the ultimate question i asked him:

Dimitri .....to the best of your recollection did you fall in......
.....to WINDWARD or to LEEWARD of that stand up philosophic (SUP) board???

Take a wild guess...

Signed: amateur stabbed in the back by a Pro Kiter & BS'er
Supa

ym
Medium Poster
Style: Wake
Been thanked: 0

Postby ym » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:07 pm

I tested the kite in 8-10 knots of wind and it tried to yank me downwind instead of pulling me up wind...
I think it is not fair for you to just claim that the kite is bad. It takes a certain ability to make the kite do what you want, and of course certain kites are meant to do certain things. For example, a Screamer is meant for those who wants to jump, and free ride. Fuel for wakestyle, and Reo for surfing. Maybe Infinity is not for you. Being a shop and kite lesson school owner, I do have a chance to ride many different kites, and I never bash any kites. People who bash the equipment is just like those golfers who blames on the "driver" and how they can't hit the ball well. And yes, I do play golf also.... just FYI.
Infinity is a kite for those who just want to have fun in waves, loop, jump and whatever you want. It's for those who just wants to get out there in light wind and enjoy. I personally don't know what you are looking for but you should try as many kites as you can and stop bashing a kite.
Also, for a little tip: If the kite is yanking down wind, then try to adjust the trim a little bit. You might be able to go upwind.... :D

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:29 pm

ym wrote:
I tested the kite in 8-10 knots of wind and it tried to yank me downwind instead of pulling me up wind...
I think it is not fair for you to just claim that the kite is bad. It takes a certain ability to make the kite do what you want, and of course certain kites are meant to do certain things. For example, a Screamer is meant for those who wants to jump, and free ride. Fuel for wakestyle, and Reo for surfing. Maybe Infinity is not for you. Being a shop and kite lesson school owner, I do have a chance to ride many different kites, and I never bash any kites. People who bash the equipment is just like those golfers who blames on the "driver" and how they can't hit the ball well. And yes, I do play golf also.... just FYI.
Infinity is a kite for those who just want to have fun in waves, loop, jump and whatever you want. It's for those who just wants to get out there in light wind and enjoy. I personally don't know what you are looking for but you should try as many kites as you can and stop bashing a kite.
Also, for a little tip: If the kite is yanking down wind, then try to adjust the trim a little bit. You might be able to go upwind.... :D
Yup I'm aware, I had almost 3" of trim pulled in and I had the kite set on the second knots on the center lines which is basically another inch or so of depower. Just to be clear, I am fully capable of going up wind in fact I am extremely efficient at it.
I am not bashing anything I am only giving my honest opinion and I stated a few times that the kite is simply not for me.
I also play golf in fact before I started to kite I had a single digit handicap, so I know all about people blaming equipment.
It is not that I cannot get the kite to go up wind, the problem is the amount of effort you have to put into it when there was plenty of wind to plain with speed. In these conditions I should have been flying up wind with little effort.
As far as the Screamer goes... I like that kite, and if I had that kite that day I bet I would have been going up wind with little effort because it does not sit so far back in the window as the renegades... I will never understand why they designed the infinity around the renegades instead of the screamers. It just makes no sense.
I have and continue to try as many kites as I can. So far for big kites I have tried
Nitro v1 - difficult to dump power out of the kite (makes incredible apparent wind) Flys upwind well
Zepher - slow, goes up wind well overall not very fun
Fat lady - same as the infinity
several cabs - mostly like the Zepher
a pos monkey - don't even bother
Screamer 14m - needs to be bigger for light wind
infinity v1 prototype - stays flying and relaunch great but does not fly up wind well
infinity v2 - same as the v1 with more low end but still does not fly up wind well
and one or two others I have obviously forgotten.

This year I hope to try a
flysurfer
Nitro2
Core xr2

So not bashing, giving honest feed back, which is more then I can say for the B.S. flowing out of these epic videos.

ym
Medium Poster
Style: Wake

Postby ym » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Ok. got it... I get the fact that you are not bashing the kite... I totally respect that.
One thing that I can tell is that I was there when Dimitri was flying the Infinity. It really is not a B.S. claim. Dimitri is very passionate about his kites, and I can assure you he does put 200% time and effort on testing and making the kite better. That's why he can come across very strong.
Like I said, I am not affiliated with Epic, as a matter of fact, I am a dealer for many brands so I am not favoring Epic at all. Just stating the fact...
It is going to be very hard to find a light wind kite that will perform like a smaller kite. They all will be slow and since there aren't any wind (hense LW), the kite has to generate it's power via apparent wind or just low end grunt (like renegades....).
Have you tried the Racer kite? I had a chance to try it when it was a prototype. It sure is a much higher aspect kite than Infinity.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby frankm1960 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:12 pm

@laughingman,
I read your review of the V2 way back.... here's a bit of it...

It was blowing 8 - 10 knots that afternoon and later on picked up a few knots which is when I switched to my 12.5m Ion 3.
... but it still yanked me downwind because it sits so far back in the window.
In the wind that I tested it in, I was planing very well, I even had 1/2 of the depower pulled in but still struggled to get upwind.

So you're in 8-10kts and "struggled to get upwind"? That I don't understand because when I look
at the video of those two girls on the V3 planning (video Dimitry posted a couple pages back) and they're having a great time in the same wind conditions, around 9-10kts she says. The 2nd girl in that same video is a real light weight and she's smokin in what I believe they say was 7kts, no apparent trouble staying up wind. Both girls are much lighter than you at I believe 175lbs?. I think that's correct.

I would have to try the kite for myself but it seems weird that both those girls were having a good time and you were struggling in the same wind conditions. Maybe that's the diff between the V2 and V3 :lol:

Can you comment on that other than to say that the video is potentially BS :lol:

Hey... keep this thread going man it's my daytime entertainment at the moment :lol: :)

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Postby frankm1960 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:35 pm

@supaEZ... I got your PM but not until today... I never noticed it till now. I'll post my response here cause it's still stuck in the outbox and I don't know if it's ever gonna get to you.

"Sorry didn't see you message until now... not used to getting PMs here.
I'll have a look at those tonight :)"

Is it possible for you to repost those vids ? as much as I like this thread it's great reading the first time but going back and looking for a post is a lot of work... which is a 4 letter bad word for me.

Babel
Medium Poster

Postby Babel » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:01 am

There is trolling and there is SupaEZ? I dont get the power that drives you? Jealousy? Come on, you live in the US, everybody can make their dream come true, you too?!

Doesent really matters what happened, who said what first and why and where etc. This discussion gets more pathetic by the counts of your posts. Get over it!

You have a wife? Must be difficult for her to keep up ;)

And yes, I am from Europe, dont know if you can even buy Epic Kites here, but due to this discussion I am VERY keen on testing a V3. Probably just my kite, if it makes people so angry... and jealous?

Anyway, just let it be, its not a big deal :D :baby:

SupaEZ wrote:
tomtombreizh wrote:. And yes Dimitri fell so what's the big deal.
The biggest deal is....that he did not...fall at all..his light blue T-Shirt stayed dry the whole time

The bid deal...he made it up....his boardshorts stayed dry

The big deal...he made a second video with special effect water bubbles ...to BS us about falling

The big deal...he could not retract his first explanation directed at Mr.Latino on KF

The big deal...HE SAID...he feel in..got back on SUP..lines got slack..kite went in the drink

The big deal...he tweaked the order of events in his second video...but still insist he fell in !!

The big deal..he jibed successfully the SUP..stalled the V3 ..still barely flying in it's original direction

The big deal...the kite went slowly but surely in the water...he kept his balance like a pro

The big deal...is the long explanation afterwards..blaming borrowed SUP...etc..etc...

He figured that BS'sing about falling and putting the spotlight on him instead of his kite.....
...was the best option

After all that Demo was to prove that his kite can stay flying in less than 5kn..4kn..3kn
And in his opinion it "failed"....so he put the focus on himself...brave or lame..you decide

He still has not answered the ultimate question i asked him:

Dimitri .....to the best of your recollection did you fall in......
.....to WINDWARD or to LEEWARD of that stand up philosophic (SUP) board???

Take a wild guess...

Signed: amateur stabbed in the back by a Pro Kiter & BS'er
Supa

Olivier D
Medium Poster
Gear: Epic Screamer 2010 9m
Slingshot Lunacy
Brand Affiliation: EPIC

Postby Olivier D » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:33 pm

Babel wrote:And yes, I am from Europe, dont know if you can even buy Epic Kites here, but due to this discussion I am VERY keen on testing a V3. Probably just my kite, if it makes people so angry... and jealous?
Where do you live?

A new EPIC dealer just arrived in France

http://www.ekiteloop.com

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:52 pm

Dimitri M wrote:SupaEZ, Laughingman, and a hand full of other people who don't beleive in the performance of the INFINITY V2 and V3.

I just want you to know this is a waist of my time and it will be the last time I respond on this post. I have lots of work trying to help kiters with real questions.
We are glad your are "trying" to BS those with real questions

Much much than a handful do not believe in your 2-4kn "performance" original claim

The V2 & V3 kites behavior are not being questioned here...your tarps are doing just fine

You got it all wrong and twisted around....it is your behavior and stories that are under scrutiny

If this will really be your last time on this thread...can we "see a video of yourself" saying it

Just to make it official and more believable :roll:

Return to “Kitesurfing”