Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Rookie in Cartagena, Colombia -RRD vs Airush vs Wainman-

Postby Westozzy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:51 pm

Airush is anything but a new brand for the record. Been around as long or longer than north I think. Close enough anyhow I was flying airush kites in 2002!

Now I have ridden and owned most of those kites. What style of kiting? You on a TT or a surfboard? Waves or flat? Or both.

Can't advise until I know this.

Ps the delta hybrid wainman is extremely stable and relaunches as easy as ive seen in a kite a great all rounder and is superb for a beginner.

tzigari
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cartagena, Colombia
Style: Freestyle
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Rookie in Cartagena, Colombia -RRD vs Airush vs Wainman-

Postby tzigari » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:40 am

Westozzy wrote:Airush is anything but a new brand for the record. Been around as long or longer than north I think. Close enough anyhow I was flying airush kites in 2002!

Now I have ridden and owned most of those kites. What style of kiting? You on a TT or a surfboard? Waves or flat? Or both.

Can't advise until I know this.

Ps the delta hybrid wainman is extremely stable and relaunches as easy as ive seen in a kite a great all rounder and is superb for a beginner.
cheers for replying
It's too early for me to say what style I'm going for. Consider that I´m a beginner. I guess that I want/need a kite that will allow me to progress as rapid as possible. 4 lines, good de-power, capable of taking a few beatings, great relaunch, stable everywhere in the window, comfy bar, with easy ejection and possibly the center rope enclosed within a tube.

In any case it's not an easy choice.
It's a candy store out there, pretty scary:
Wainman ( it looks cool on video, and I read some good comments, including yours),
Airush (convincing website, and people who use them here - seem to really like them),
Advance (there is one on the beach that looks and feels really well made- great de-power apparently, the guy who uses it, is a paragliding pro with 20 year experience of flying-polyester :D and he swears by this brand.)
RRD (because I have tried them and felt comfortable. I liked the bar and the pretty good de-power)

Return to “Kitesurfing”