Favorite Beaches: oliphant
Style: free ride
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Shinn Monk Forever or the Dundee

Postby whitey68 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:29 pm

I want a board that will go upwind well smooth throught the chop and able to carve well good in small waves and good pop , sooooo which one do you think. and why? Oh by the way im 210lbs. Oh almost forgot and a board that lands well, thanks ;Whitey

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Re: The Shinn Monk Forever or the Dundee

Postby bigwave » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:46 am

whitey68 wrote:I want a board that will go upwind well smooth throught the chop and able to carve well good in small waves and good pop , sooooo which one do you think. and why? Oh by the way im 210lbs. Oh almost forgot and a board that lands well, thanks ;Whitey
Add the Supershinn to your list as well. Plenty of good info here http://www.kiteboarder.co.uk/kitesurfin ... 70&t=47485

:thumb:

MMac22
Medium Poster
Local Beach: SC
Style: Surf
Gear: North kites, Tomo boards

Postby MMac22 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:29 am

Whitey, based on your criteria, you should just buy The Street and be done with it. At your size, get the biggest one, 137x42.5. It's my board of choice for what you describe. Whatever you do, just make sure its a Shinn, you can't go wrong with any of them. :thumb:

whitey68
Rare Poster
Local Beach: oliphant

Postby whitey68 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:20 pm

bigwave wrote:
whitey68 wrote:I want a board that will go upwind well smooth throught the chop and able to carve well good in small waves and good pop , sooooo which one do you think. and why? Oh by the way im 210lbs. Oh almost forgot and a board that lands well, thanks ;Whitey
Add the Supershinn to your list as well. Plenty of good info here http://www.kiteboarder.co.uk/kitesurfin ... 70&t=47485

:thumb:
Thanks for the website info; Whitey

whitey68
Rare Poster
Local Beach: oliphant

Postby whitey68 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:23 pm

hrdude wrote:Whitey, based on your criteria, you should just buy The Street and be done with it. At your size, get the biggest one, 137x42.5. It's my board of choice for what you describe. Whatever you do, just make sure its a Shinn, you can't go wrong with any of them. :thumb:
I can t get over how many amazing things i hear about the shinn boards , cant wait to fly one, i mean ride one lol. Thanks for the suggestion; Whitey

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:35 pm

You might want to check out the 135x42. I am a similar weight and it is my favourite board of all time by quite a margin. The 135 is also great in waves as well as being a good all round freestyler.

Return to “Kitesurfing”