Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kitesurfing in Ghana

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 09, 2002 1:09 pm

Hello,

do someone know something about kitesurfing in Ghana/Africa??

Schools?? Spots??

Thanks

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 10, 2002 9:08 am

hello, africa??

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:47 am

A team of surfers went up there in the 70 but for Kitesurfing would not know. Life in But why not they do Kite all over in Africa, so why not in Ghana. Let us know if you find some thing.

kitehead
Medium Poster

Postby kitehead » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:18 pm

I've been in Ghana/Togo in april/mai. Locals told me I've been the first kitesurfer there ever ... :smile:

I tried Krokobite, Anomabo, Busua and the beaches of Cape Three Points (with Princess Town as my favorite spot). All nice beaches for kitesurfing. I haven't had much wind (had to use a 22m2 stack of arcs) but real good waves for wavesurfing (up to 5m)! Chances that you'll get more wind than me are not bad, the locals call the villages in the west "the windy villages" ...

I also recommand to try Lome/Togo, a 5km*1 km beach with wind usually sideshore and force 3-4. A friend of me lives over there since a year and he told me they've got this wind every single day! Must be a wind caused by thermic and the mountains in the back of the city.

Do you need more infos? I can send you the e-mail-adress of my friend in Togo, he'll also be very happy to help you out with more infos or even better to have a nice session with you! As fare as I know he's on vacation in Ghana right now, maybe he has explored some more nices beaches ... :smile:

As mentioned before in another kiteforum my friend builded up homepage about Togo worth visiting if you go to Westafrica:
http://www.b-t.info
Unfortunally the photos of our trip to Ghana are hidden in the passwordprotected area and I'm not allowed to make the password public in an open forum, sorry. E-mail me directly and I will send you the password. I was to busy to build a side by my self rigth now, hope I'll manage this later this year. Will post a message in this forum then :smile:

keep on rippin'
Thorsten
(t.krohn@hamburg.de)

P.S.: Rigth now I'm in Hurghada/Egypt and kitesurf at the Colona Watersports Center at the Magawish Hotel. Never seen such a nice kitecenter before! All the Naish Kites are here (R3, Aero, Virus, X2). They've got also Flysurfer Maniacs and Warriors. Boards are from Naish (7'6" to Hazmat), Underground (TT, LT & WT) and Kiteloose. The area is just perfect for anyone. Wind is usually sideshore with force 4-5. A big chestdeep area (maybe 1 km*250m) for the beginners and for advanced riders a deep water area protectetd by a big sandbar with absolut flat water. It's really kitesurfparadise here ... :smile:

nicolesaux
Rare Poster
Local Beach: South of France
Favorite Beaches: Beauduc, Sri lanka, Cap Vert, ...
Style: Normal
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kitesurfing in Ghana

Postby nicolesaux » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:04 pm

Hello,

We are a couple from Lyon, France and plan to spend one year abroad starting next september. My wife is a french teacher for foreigners and she found some job offer in Lomé. I plan to kite there and i wanted to know if you have some information about kite spot near Lomé.I saw your comment on KiteForum.com about some people you may know and 3-4 Bf wind every single day, but it's hard to find any statistics of wind there... that's why i ask you directly as you mentionned having some contact there.

Thanks for any inputs on Togo you may have :)

Nicolas And Celine

OBX Kiter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Secret Spot, Virginia; Hatteras
Favorite Beaches: Hatteras, Garda
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblade, Jimmy Lewis boards.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kitesurfing in Ghana

Postby OBX Kiter » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:25 pm

I was in Accra, Ghana last week, as well as Dakar, Senegal. The wind was blowing good in both locations, but I didn't see any kiters. Saw quite a few surfers in Dakar and after some research found out it's a shit hot surf spot, and also has some kiters. I found this on google, do some research, I'm sure you'll find something. Good luck!

http://blog.windfinder.com/post/2018174 ... itesurfing

Return to “Kitesurfing”