Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:39 pm

Pump me up wrote:Ok, ok, I didn't think it was possible, but "200 pages" is definitely within range.

I'm back in!

"Happy talk, keep talkin' happy talk,
You got to have a dream (200 pages),
If you don't have a dream,
How you gonna have a dream come true?"

(With thanks to Rogers & Hammerstein and the BS artists at Epic)

Later.

Pumpy ........................................ :pump:

.......:pump: :welcome: back :!: ..... :chorus: :bravo: :pump: :party1: :surf: :sun: .......................

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby windsuks » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Olivier D
Medium Poster
Gear: Epic Screamer 2010 9m
Slingshot Lunacy
Brand Affiliation: EPIC

Postby Olivier D » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:56 pm

Hello SupaEZ,

I saw this on the "Renegade Infinity V2 light wind machine" topic and wanted to share this with you. It looks likes the guy usually rides with a Core 17 :rollgrin:
Screen shot for an email for Infinity.png

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:37 pm

He really doesn't need feeding! :D

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flight Time » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:17 am

windsuks wrote:He really doesn't need feeding! :D
Yes, he exists on pure ego and a burning hatred of anyone who he perceives to have a different view, which is just about everyone. Notice how he heaps praise upon anyone who even passingly seems to show the tiniest interest in what he says, even if they aren't qualified to fly a plastic Gayla delta kite with scary eyes on it? It's amazing he has the kind of energy required to sit and troll all day long. If he focused all that energy into something valid and productive, maybe he could accomplish great things, and actually feel good about himself as a person. As it stands right now, he is an empty shell of something that once may have been a man, trying desperately to make others feel as worthless as he does. :roll:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:28 am

tomtombreizh wrote:Hello SupaEZ,

I saw this on the "Renegade Infinity V2 light wind machine" topic and wanted to share this with you. It looks likes the guy usually rides with a Core 17 :rollgrin:
Screen shot for an email for Infinity.png
Hey thanks...i ride the Core 19 and i smackdowned Dimitri with it

The dude in article likes "the sensation" he gets with short 22 meter lines with the V2

The V2 or V3 does not turn (change direction in the sky) or kiteloops any better than my 19m2....
....and i have 27meter lines....and a 52cm wide bar...the 19 is a LW kiteloop machine

In fact there is nothing an INFINITY can do any better... it is inferior to my kite in all aspects

If it was a better kite than mine i would buy one...even if the Epic guy in charge was a BS artist

........................Now let's hear from the critics in the peanut gallery :wink: .......................................

William Munney
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: West Meadow, GSB
Gear: North X-Ride, Airush Sector 60, North Rebels, 6m, 7m, 9m, 12m, 16m

Postby William Munney » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:55 am

Hey thanks...i ride the Core 19 and i smackdowned Dimitri with it

The dude in article likes "the sensation" he gets with short 22 meter lines with the V2

The V2 or V3 does not turn (change direction in the sky) or kiteloops any better than my 19m2....
....and i have 27meter lines....and a 52cm wide bar...the 19 is a LW kiteloop machine

In fact there is nothing an INFINITY can do any better... it is inferior to my kite in all aspects

If it was a better kite than mine i would buy one...even if the Epic guy in charge was a BS artist

........................Now let's hear from the critics in the peanut gallery :wink: .......................................[/quote]

Not a critic but I can't understand why you both didn't ride a similar board. The test was inconclusive, IMO. Also I think both sides have made their points....

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50

Postby frankm1960 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:02 am

William Munney wrote: Not a critic but I can't understand why you both didn't ride a similar board. The test was inconclusive, IMO. Also I think both sides have made their points....
It was a light wind showdown... weapons of choice... that's my understanding. Like you say inconclusive... differences in line length, rider weight, board styles, and even kite size from what I can gather. It's pretty hard to conclude anything from the short water session they had because of all those differences. The short beach session is not that informative either...from what one can see both kites performed pretty much equal... no blowout that I can see there... they both turned pretty quick for such large kites. Neither of them bothered to try a SUP at the time to prove or disprove the 2-4kts claim. Would've been nice to see how low wind a person could body drag back to shore in though, low wind water relaunch etc etc... not to be.

Ya it was more or less a LW showdown.... where we saw a lighter rider with a bigger kite out perform the heavier rider on a smaller kite... no real surprise there.

Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade

Postby Flight Time » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:05 am

frankm1960 wrote: Ya it was more or less a LW showdown.... where we saw a lighter rider with a bigger kite out perform the heavier rider on a smaller kite... no real surprise there.
You mean lighter rider on a bigger kite, riding a board with surfboard fins. Neither of them made any effort to put the kites to the test on equal footing. It was a pissing contest, pure and simple.

There will never be any objective comparison, because when one is given, it is studiously ignored and drowned out in a flood of gradient-wind smack-talk bullshit.

An objective test would be to round up 10 or so hard-core wakestyle or wake-skate riders who have never even tried light wind flying or heard of any of the kites, and have them ride the same board, and have them all bumble around simultaneously, trying to stay upwind, get air, and do tricks in lighter winds. Then you would get real measureable data and honest opinions.

lobodomar
Frequent Poster

Postby lobodomar » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:18 am

JS wrote:tens of thousands of dollars worth of time apparently already invested in this thread
Wow that's what I call a capitalist mindset. Anyway I think you're overestimating most of the posters, who are probably a less of a hazard to society directing their time and energies towards this harmless BS. :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”