Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

forum for kitesurfers


SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:45 pm

I do take a look at Dimitri's other threads for time to time

I like the latest one where he has a late session and says that he was riding alone....
.....due to lack on wind ( meaning the wind is so low that no one could ride except him of course)

That is BS...because if i would have been there...i would have done circles around him with the 19


Another thing i noticed is when people give reviews of his products:

He makes sure to say thank you for the HONEST review.....over and over.....
......that cracks me up......because he can't be as "fully" truthful as them


For all those who think a smaller bucket kite can outperform a larger fast efficient freeride kite......
.....you are all in denial :bye:

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 514
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:56 pm
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com
Location: ontario
Contact:

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby KiteCulture » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:56 pm

but you weren't there... I'm sure if you had been, you'd really have shown him you da man.
And we'd wait 7 months for a top notch video of you riding. And "yelling out look at me, look at me", showing nothing at all. Stay away from my spot buzz kill

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1230
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:48 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby frankm1960 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:14 pm

Flight Time wrote:There will never be any objective comparison, because when one is given, it is studiously ignored and drowned out in a flood of gradient-wind smack-talk bullshit.


It's these one liners (in part) that keep me coming back :lol:

Ya I didn't mention the board cause I've used a surfboard I didn't find it that much better in light wind... need more time on it though.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1230
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:48 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby frankm1960 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:27 pm

SupaEZ wrote:That is BS...because if i would have been there...i would have done circles around him with the 19


Maybe so but I wonder if a lighter rider on his equipment would do circles around you ?
I've read in here that if you're a light weight kiter you're "disqualified" from doing LW kite reviews. That wasn't the exact wording but that's my interpretation... if that's true at what point is a person considered not a light weight ? At 165lbs you're lighter than the average kiter... a clear advantage in LW.

I'm a LW and I'm usually the first one out and the first one in :lol: I can use my 5m when others are on 8's and 10's... just a regular TT, 128 x 38 which is still pretty big for me from what I'm reading from other posts.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:08 pm

frankm1960 wrote:
SupaEZ wrote:That is BS...because if i would have been there...i would have done circles around him with the 19


Maybe so but I wonder if a lighter rider on his equipment would do circles around you ?



Is that a trick question ? You mean like 10%..20%..30% lighter than me

Doubtful....on his gear

Listen there are 2 other guys at my beach who would also challenge his skills and equipment

Those 2 ride with me all the time...one has a Dyno 18 and the other a SP3 21

No 17m2 or 16m2 kite no matter how light the rider is.....can keep up with us..in true 8 to10knots

What can i say.....that is the circle of life :bye:

User avatar
Flight Time
Frequent Poster
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:08 pm
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Venice Beach
Skyway Bridge North
Style: Freeride
Gear: 12 Epic Screamer
14 Epic Screamer
12 Liquid Force Havoc
16 Cabrinha Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Venice, Florida

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby Flight Time » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:00 am

SupaEZ wrote:
frankm1960 wrote:
SupaEZ wrote:That is BS...because if i would have been there...i would have done circles around him with the 19


Maybe so but I wonder if a lighter rider on his equipment would do circles around you ?



Is that a trick question ? You mean like 10%..20%..30% lighter than me

Doubtful....on his gear

Listen there are 2 other guys at my beach who would also challenge his skills and equipment

Those 2 ride with me all the time...one has a Dyno 18 and the other a SP3 21

No 17m2 or 16m2 kite no matter how light the rider is.....can keep up with us..in true 8 to10knots

What can i say.....that is the circle of life :bye:


I bet Cameron would whoop you pretty handily on the Infinity. I saw him flying the Infinity V3 and riding his Junior Pro board the same day I tried it. It's no secret that lightweight riders can outperform heavier riders in light winds. But I suppose there is some theory you can cook up to explain away that theory, and for that matter, the theory of gravity as well.

frankm1960
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1230
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:48 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: -Bayshore, at the end sea st. on saint John's west side, bay of fundy.
-Saints rest beach, at the end of sandy point road, irving nature park, saint john, west side.
Gear: Kites: 12m LF Mig, 9m LF Mig, 5m SS Fuel
Boards: LF proof 151cm, Real Wind 144cm, home made light wind board 160 x 50
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby frankm1960 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:19 am

SupaEZ wrote:Is that a trick question ? You mean like 10%..20%..30% lighter than me

Doubtful....on his gear

Listen there are 2 other guys at my beach who would also challenge his skills and equipment

Those 2 ride with me all the time...one has a Dyno 18 and the other a SP3 21

No 17m2 or 16m2 kite no matter how light the rider is.....can keep up with us..in true 8 to10knots

What can i say.....that is the circle of life :bye:


Not a trick question... lets say 15% lighter than you.

and wait a sec... your post is somewhat confusing or even contradictory.....

you say "Doubtful... on his gear" when asked if a lighter rider using his gear could have kited circles around you...

three lines later you say "no matter how light a rider is they can't keep up with you on a 17m or 16m kite in 8-10kts."

Are you saying then that there's a chance (because you used the word doubt) the lighter rider can keep up with you on a V3 but no chance at all on any other 16/17m kite ?

It's not like you to "pump up" the V3... but I think you just did :lol:

Have you ever kited with a LW rider ( 140lbs ) that was using a 16/17m kite in 8 - 10kts?

Tone
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1838
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby Tone » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:36 am

This whole thread has gone full retard. Seriously.

gonewiththewind
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 796
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 9:23 pm

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby gonewiththewind » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:48 am

SupaEZ wrote: We can all see that it happened...it is on video...so no reason not to believe that part

The part that should not be believed is the claim...from the marketing department of Epic

This thread would not even exist if HE would have said STEADY 5-6kn in the kite

THAT WE COULD BELIEVE MORE



You've got to be f#cking kidding me. You are such a f#cking loser.

Nobody can definitively distinguish between 4 knots and 5 knots. Yet you have wasted all this energy because a MARKETING DEPARTMENT said "2-4" instead of "5-6". The video looks more like zero to two.

Dimitri is getting laid every night by his hot wife and selling more kites, while you're still wasting your time beating this dead horse when you're not beating off to horse porn.

In the words of a wise little green dude with pointy ears... "That is why you fail."

User avatar
FabsPH
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:57 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Oahu, S shore
Favorite Beaches: Oahu S shore, Mokuleia,
Style: Free style wave
Gear: Eclipse, Underground
Brand Affiliation: Eclipse, Underground
Contact:

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby FabsPH » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:06 am

pump me up... delete this topic, please.
It's getting embarrassing. People post harmful stuff and have nothing to say regarding kiting anymore.
Personal attacks are not what we want here.
Be the bigger man and get rid of this.
Let's move on.

And just go kite.
Thanx


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: irwe, slim_charles, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests