Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rome
Brand Affiliation: JAY
Has thanked: 0

Equipment to improve race performace

Postby jaystore » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:04 am

I racers, we just received this email from Robert :

Good morning,
sometimes I find myself without wind in the water, then I climb to my race kitesurf board and I swim to the sand, the problem is my harness has a fixed hook that damages my board, and it takes water inside.

I would like to buy one hook system like the yours, but that I can fix it with a rope to one side and then it doesn´t damage my kiterace board, CAN I DO IT WITH YOUR PRODUCTS ? I think it is not possible to remove the thension it has to the central point of the hook system. THANKS A LOT, how can I do it with your dynabars?

Robert.

At JAY we are working on DYNABAR kiterace usage and we have some feedback I would like to share with this audience.

First of all “you don't need a hook!” to race because you can’t risk unwanted unhooks.

Second, the fixed hook doesn’t allow free body movement during jibing and you could get unbalanced because of kite pull.

Third, fixed hook don't allow you to well distribute weight on back/front foot because it forces your body to turn in pull direction. DYNABAR sliding hook will allow you to position your body in an optimal position no matter wich is the kite pull direction.

Robert problem is solved by DYNABAR and sliding ring hook (see attached picture of a solution made for waveridingl) with integrated QR or more simple a sliding ring to attach CL QR. The bugee can be easily detached and the hook/ring moved to one side.

We tested DYNABAR XT harness in kite racing using strapped shorts (without shorts to be more aerodynamic) and we ended up that straps are good but you must be able to choose the eight you place the spreaderbar: that line becames your balance point and can vary from racer to racer.

This is just the appetiser, more tschnicality coming after your questions!
Attachments
JAY QR Sliding.jpg
JAY Wave bar.jpg
DYNABAR show.png

rob425
Rare Poster
Local Beach: malgrat de mar
Favorite Beaches: paracuru
taiba
malgrat de mar
cabarete
Style: race
Gear: nobile kitesurf
Brand Affiliation: nobile kitesurf
Been thanked: 0

Re: Equipment to improve race performace

Postby rob425 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:12 pm

Thanks a lot,
I would like to try it, the truth is that not quite understand the system but would be nice to try.
Buying the v7 base has everything I need, I mean the complete system?
I would appreciate further information please, for supply purposes: I live in Spain, Barcelona.
Is that better than some hookeds that move to the side? I don´t remember the brands sell it.

rob425
Rare Poster
Local Beach: malgrat de mar
Favorite Beaches: paracuru
taiba
malgrat de mar
cabarete
Style: race
Gear: nobile kitesurf
Brand Affiliation: nobile kitesurf
Been thanked: 0

Postby rob425 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:51 pm

I see a hook in the third image and I understood it is not necessary in your words,
with this sytem may somebody modify all his chickens of the bars?
and I have 2 mystic 2012 harnesses, and I see the sides couplings is different than the jay ones, is it compatibles?

jaystore
Frequent Poster

Postby jaystore » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:20 am

The image is a DYNABAR setup for waveriding and you can replace hook with ring hook.
DYNABAR is compatible with any harness, on Mystic clicker bar you have to remove it and use out belt hook adapters.
This page has plenty of videos explaining DYNABAR.

jaystore
Frequent Poster

Postby jaystore » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:07 pm

The Italian racer Pierluigi Capozzi is participating to African Championship and he will be pleased to let other event racers to test JAY DYNABAR and verify it's features in racing. He has 2 demo 11" and 13" ready to test, so don't wait to contact him and give a try.
Attachments
PierluRacing.jpg

jaystore
Frequent Poster

Postby jaystore » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:03 pm

On the left the rider body is turned by the kite pull and it is more difficult to keep body weigh on the back leg.
On the right using DYNABAR the hook can slide and follow kite pull, very low pull and almost no body turn. The rider weight can be moved back more easily.
The rider can also turn body and easily watch the riders behind him without losing board control.
Kite pull is more controllable during jibe maneuver.
Attachments
RacingPull.jpg

jaystore
Frequent Poster

Postby jaystore » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:34 pm

In Somabay we tested this settings on JAY XT harness equipped with DYNABAR XT 2013, you can choose the best option sliding or fixed during the race. All DYNABAR riders can try it but take care to use 1 or 2 strong stainless steel rings for the CL. All non DYNABAR riders can tie a piece of dyneema to their spreaderbar and fell how it works.

Sceptic? Try it and you will never go back...

Return to “Kitesurfing”