Forum for kitesurfers
kiteboarder@pacbell.net
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby kiteboarder@pacbell.net » Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:44 pm

"Hung" wrote:
Danger can be everywhere on the water too: boat, rock, swimmer, windsurfers, etc.; the ability to temporarily ride unhooked in questionable situations should be available for all kitesurfers.
I don't like to ride with anybody less than about 3 line lengths downwind (or UPwind, for that matter!), so I go WAY upwind (as far as needed to accomplish that). Sure I could have a major problem which causes me to get pulled downwind quite fast, but after dragging 3 line lengths at high speed, anybody downwind (only kiteboards & sailboards) should be able to see me & get out of the way. Therefore I only need the bar-activated release, to attach while launching, landing, or while working my way up or down to & from where I ride well upwind of everybody & everything.
Have you ever tried a 3-D bar extensively? I have found that with a 3-D bar, I can feel the kite better (with a rock solid feeling) instead of the loosy feeling with a free bar.
I haven't ever tried a 3-D bar at all. It took some getting used to at first, but now I enjoy the loose feel of the free bar. Which 3-D bar do you use? Are there any photos online?

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:03 am

Hey,,,
I just came back to check on this thread,,mmm,, Damn,,
ok,,your a thick crowd i get it,,mm,
the guy who trusts the little rope to keep his lines from fouling,, that has the same flaws as the"" I leave then on my kite guy""",, they can, do, and will, get fouled, useing that meathod,, it is flawed, thats the simple truth, Ok fine you know that,, you check them,, ok fine,,still flawed,,get It? guess not so die nice person,,>> Belly up post, the self launch thing,,Damn you guys are just plain THICK,,you talk about dragging the lines from down wind to were you want to stand to launch,,Ahh, hello finger jiggle line attacher dude don't you get it?,, fokitens meathod delivers you to that spot with a built in line check included,, no snagging on shit,,, no out of position holding the bar crap,,OK I get it you guys are THICK,,,
I understand,,please die you fuckers ,,, your speading bad mojo ,, just fucking die and stop posting,,ok?
And mel,, I just have to ask you kite at a bad spot???? why do you do it??
I sit here and read I'll never this,,, I'll never tha,,,t I' sugest this,, I think that,,
WHAT the f*** are you THICK??? why kite at a bad spot???
cracks me up
whatever your THICKNESS ,,I hope you die in bed,,, and not on the beach,, please just stop posting and die,, we will all be safer
fokiten

theflyingtinman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby theflyingtinman » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:08 am

fokiten wrote:Hey,,,
Hey Fo,

Glad to see you're back reading this thread.
You may find something useful here that can save your life.
Kitesurfing can be dangerous. :bye:

Steve T.

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:46 am

theflyingtinman wrote:
fokiten wrote:Hey,,,
Hey Fo,

Glad to see you're back reading this thread.
You may find something useful here that can save your life.
Kitesurfing can be dangerous. :bye:

Steve T.
Hey steve,,,
Maybe you can hook up with mel,,show him your moves, your in LA,So is he,, you aughta buddy up, keep each other safe,,Im all for it, great to hear from you, May-be you guys could do a kitenight show some viedo's, talk saftey then take the gang down to Mels beach for some hands on training,,
Hey you could show them how to use your string thing,,,and you could wear it , wink,, is it pink?
I hope so,
thanks
fo

bluebird
Rare Poster

Postby bluebird » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:12 pm

I've been taught to rig up in three different ways by three separate IKO instructors - which seems pretty ridiculous, not to mention extremely confusing. (I should add here that I didn't change instructors by choice - it's just the way it happened as I've had lessons in three different locations.) One recommended rigging upwind, another insisted on downwind, one put the lines under the kite from upwind etc. How come instructors from the same organisation aren't all teaching one method? It's crazy.

P.S. Fokiten - how's the poetry going?

Hung
Medium Poster

Postby Hung » Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:53 pm

I haven't ever tried a 3-D bar at all. It took some getting used to at first, but now I enjoy the loose feel of the free bar. Which 3-D bar do you use? Are there any photos online?
I currently use my second prototype and working on the third. Please send me an email if you like to build and try one.

Hung.

SouthBasin
Medium Poster

Postby SouthBasin » Sun Jul 13, 2003 4:09 am

fokiten wrote:while im here,,
you d-wads preaching to leave your lines hooked up to the kite like that is fool proof can kiss my ass,,,you fuckers know you will always have issues to sort out with this meathod,, so who you trying to bull-shit???
I love you wanta be know it all mofos that don't cut it when people die get it people are dieing understand?? knock off the bullshit
god you guys suck
f-u
fokiten
First of all - I love you fokiten!

The method I described is ONE of many good methods - I did not say this was "THE ONLY" method - nor did I say it was "fool-proof"!

Yes, there ARE sometimes twists in your lines - that is why I said..
SouthBasin wrote: Always CHECK YOUR LINE PRIOR to launching for twists etc. Have your launcher check your lines PRIOR to launching you.
southbasin
The method you described as your method ISN'T perfect either - so shut the f***-up!

I hate pricks like you that attack other people for sharing their "opinions".

You called me a "d-wad", "nice person" and a "mofo" - Who the f*** are you? - You don't know me! Eat shit - fuckface!!

You say
fokiten wrote:that don't cut it when people die get it people are dieing understand
fokiten
then you say in previous post
fokiten wrote:let um die,, f*** it fokiten
- nice contradiction - good attitude!

You also say at the end of the post
fokiten wrote:peace love and altitude fokiten
- another nice contradiction - you need to heed your own advice.

I agree with many of the things you say on the forum, BUT, who made you the "Kite God" - why is your method the only one to be used, and others are "bullshit" or "suck"? - I love you're conceded.

This forum is a positive thing for the world kiting community (good work Toby)- but your holyer than thou attitude needs to go - this is a place to share ideas and experiences - Not a pissing match or somewhere to try to feel superior. YOU sound like a "wanta be know it all mofo". Grow up!

So, fokiten, if you can't share your idea's without so much attitude - f*** OFF - most people WILL NOT MISS YOU.

PS - f*** OFF

fokiten

Read it and weep

Postby fokiten » Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:01 pm

Hey,, Glad to see you rubbed some sleep from your eyes ,,now all you have left to do is focus,,
The thread is about people being crippled by kites rigged wrong,
Although you are offended by my assessment of your offer!!! (Still got it sleepyhead!!!!) This truly dose not change the fact that leaving your lines on your kite is not a rigging method,#1,,, is not any kind of help at all!!!!#2,, in fact it always means you are tugging and fucking around with a loaded gun,#3,,, pissin off your launcher,#4,or worse tugging and squinting and trying to see your lines on a self launch,#5,,You are not helping,#6,,,, you are suggesting people follow your advice#7 ,,you are a dumb f***,#8,you are part of the problem.#9
You d/f,,hate people who discourage the exchange of free ideas,
I hate people who suggest dangerous behavior and suggest it is a good thing,,
Please EXPLAIN THE FLAW IN MY RIGGING SYSTEM?????
YOU CANNOT,,,,BECAUSE THERE IS NO FLAW,,
PUT OR SHUT UP D-WAD
HUGS AND KISSES, HOPE YOU DIE IN BED,
fokiten

MadMick
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MadMick » Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:55 pm

Fokiten,you are headed for "Flamer's Paradise" !!!

Its sort of like Space, no one can hear you !!!!

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:17 pm

MadMick wrote:Fokiten,you are headed for "Flamer's Paradise" !!!

Its sort of like Space, no one can hear you !!!!
You can here me but you cannot reply
read it and weep flammer
weak ass flammer where is the topic????
rigging method,,remember??
weak,,
try again
fo

Return to “Kitesurfing”