Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Where to go in Marocco?

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 11, 2002 5:41 pm

Any expericences of kitesurfing in Marocco? Spot-tips etc would be appreciated. Other useful information?

Cheers
/Erik

Fabe
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Fabe » Sun Aug 11, 2002 5:51 pm

Hi,
try to contact Gert Schrader from Tomahawk.
If I remember right he is in Marrokko every winter. He should know.
http://www.tomahawk-customs.de
gert@tomahawk-customs.de

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:09 am

I was in morokko for 3 weeks during christmas of last year. In the 3 weeks we only sailed one day because there was no wind...

Lots of great places to kitesurf though if the wind is blowing. We were mainly in Essaouira.

What kind of info are you looking for? places to stay, place to surf, ???

Regards,

Marc
GoExtreme.dk

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:32 pm

I'm just back from Essaouira, spent over 2weeks.. kiteboarded everyday.. mostly in 6.3 overpowered.. cool indeed.. supeer waves at a secret sport..locals are top notch and really good kiteboarders too

if you need more info feel free to e mail me

greg@christophertasti.com

Eketeket
Rare Poster

Postby Eketeket » Mon Aug 12, 2002 6:57 pm

Thanks for the info this far.

I mostly wonder about where to go and availability for accomodation (price, where...) and possibilities to kite (prohibitions etc)

It seems that Essaoria is a good place to go according to quite easy access and such. Are there possibilities to rent gear there, eg kites. My 12 sized Naish my be a bit big?

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2002 7:23 pm

if you need accomodation, I can sort that out.. we are very close to a Maroccan's family, and Touria, the landlady is very kind and very used to kiteboarder.. she is like Christo Tasti's second mother and for the last 3 weeks Christo, Anne Laure, Chris Roussin, Malik and 6 other budies we stayed there and I can tell you that as a pack we are not the sweetest guys around !!! eh eh eh there is a garage to have the gear secured.. accomodations are very cheap, food ridiculously too !!!
feel free to drop me a line directly

Greg@christophertasti.com

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:51 am

You can rent kite gear in Essaouira. There is a place right on the beach.

Sounds like you should give that greg guy an email...

Regards,

Marc
GoExtreme.dk

Eketeket
Rare Poster

Postby Eketeket » Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:38 pm

Wow, sounds very great indeed. The thing is I have planned to go to Tarifa but as of today havn´t got any place to stay so if I won´t find any reasonable deals there I will continue straight to Morocco. I´ll contact you in that case. Thanks!

/E

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:07 am

if you go to Tarifa, try Aquilla de Oro, it is a cool house owned by a dutch couple and they rent falt inside.. it is in the middle of the bay, half way from Dos Mares and Las Duna, just down val de vaqueros.. you have a kind of private plage, no other kiteboarders, good waves and you can have all the gear rided in the garden during yer stay.. the only drawback is that the beach is small and there's rocks in the water, but the place is top cause good waves and you have both wind direction.. a must in my eyes.. Christo and I spent a part of the winter there, it was really cool..
Greg@christophertasti.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”