Forum for kitesurfers
handy
Medium Poster
Gear: wave
Brand Affiliation: ahcustoms.ch
Has thanked: 0

Re: The SURF kite from Epic Kites

Postby handy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:24 pm

being better than a Renagade in the surf ; thats easy ;-)

Drew22
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Tpa
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Drew22 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Im so ready for this, it's great to see a dedicated wave kite from Epic. Please Please keep the 12m for us Florida boys who don't have the luxury of have 8m/6m wind consistently. Hopefully your not getting us excited to crush us like you did with the new bar lol. You think dealers will have these within 6 months?

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:22 pm

Guys, I can't tell you how excited I am about the new Epic SURF kite thread. The last threads were really really epic, but I know this thread is going to be even more epic.

The Epic Kites 3rd Generation thread is rocking after 7 epic months and now at 36 pages is still on the first page of the forum! It was really an epic thread!!! But it was not epic enough to beat out the Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims thread. At 133 pages in barely 5 months it has really set an epic bar of what one can expect from an epic light wind kite thread.

The Epic Bullshit thread even beat out the prior light wind kiting bullshit epic thread (Infinity V2 light wind machine) which, at over 19 months old and still on page one of the forum, sadly only reached 65 pages in length. Not epic.

This new surf thread is going to be epic. I don't see how it could exceed the epicness of the Bullshit thread, but I still think there is enough epic bullshit to discuss in the surf market to beat the 3G thread. Maybe 40 pages in 6 months? Can we dream?!? Wow, this could be an epic thread!!!
;)

mike dubs
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: southend, whitstable, camber
Favorite Beaches: west end of camber sands
Style: Surf
Gear: FireWire, BWS drifter, nobble skim board, 12/9/7 bandit 5's

Postby mike dubs » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:31 pm

No, Dimitri, No, step away from the keyboard, step away :o

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Re: The Surf kite from Epic Kites

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Hello Starsky
The SURF is already made. But the reason I am posting this on the KITEFORUM and on FACEBOOK is to get some more inputs from kiters all around the world. So we can add their inputs on the next prototypes.
I am typing this from the beach with my IPhone. Just got out of the water for a second so I can check my emails. On my way back in the water
:thumb:

fourperf
Frequent Poster

Postby fourperf » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:18 pm

CaptainArgh wrote:Guys, I can't tell you how excited I am about the new Epic SURF kite thread. The last threads were really really epic, but I know this thread is going to be even more epic.

The Epic Kites 3rd Generation thread is rocking after 7 epic months and now at 36 pages is still on the first page of the forum! It was really an epic thread!!! But it was not epic enough to beat out the Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims thread. At 133 pages in barely 5 months it has really set an epic bar of what one can expect from an epic light wind kite thread.

The Epic Bullshit thread even beat out the prior light wind kiting bullshit epic thread (Infinity V2 light wind machine) which, at over 19 months old and still on page one of the forum, sadly only reached 65 pages in length. Not epic.

This new surf thread is going to be epic. I don't see how it could exceed the epicness of the Bullshit thread, but I still think there is enough epic bullshit to discuss in the surf market to beat the 3G thread. Maybe 40 pages in 6 months? Can we dream?!? Wow, this could be an epic thread!!!
;)

amen!!!!!

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:42 pm

CaptainArgh wrote:Guys, I can't tell you how excited I am about the new Epic SURF kite thread. The last threads were really really epic, but I know this thread is going to be even more epic.

;)
With posts like this I'm sure you will help Epic reach those targets :thumb:

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Epic Renegade 9m 3G, Airush Lithium 12m & 14m, Blade Fat Lady 17m

Boards: Epic Droid, Oxygen, Spartan, Airush Cypher 5'6"
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dj A-Ron » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:12 pm

I don't really get it either...? Dimitri, why don't you just have one "Epic Kites" thread? What's the point of having all these different ones? You end up posting the same info on multiple threads anyway.... It'd be easier for you and the epic customers to only have one thread for all things Epic Kites. Plus it wouldn't ennoy all the other people here on the forum... I'm an epic customer and its starting to get slightly ennoying to me also...

bgkiter
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Golden Gardens
Favorite Beaches: Viento
Style: wake
Gear: UFO
Brand Affiliation: Whatever is going cheap

Postby bgkiter » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:58 pm

;)
Is this going to be a re-branded Trigger with a brand new "awesome" colour scheme? if so, then, you can start another new thread something like "Thinking of pulling the Trigger on a new SURF kite??" :lol:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:08 am

Dj A-Ron
The reason I made this new post about the "SURF" kite is so I can get the immediate attention for people that love to surf and are looking for a surf kite or know about how a surf kite should perform. And by doing so I can gather more information concerning the wave kite prototype we have now.
By posting this thread only on the EPIC KITES 3G topic would make it invisible for the kiters that are looking for a surf kite. Now you guys know that EPIC kites is coming out with a pure WAVE kite called the "SURF".
If people don't like this thread or any other EPIC thread please do not click on it. It is as simple as this. Go to the MOST SEXY topic instead. By the way I am going there next after I am done typing this.
:thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”