Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

When you want the best quality lines.....

Forum for kitesurfers
endorphin
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: When you want the best quality lines.....

Postby endorphin » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:06 pm

DirkGently wrote:Yep. they are extensions because the Hadlow Pro has the weird 6 line split bridle thing. You can hang a 2nd set of extensions that attach to the front of the LE from the split point.

So the overall is 22m.
They are available in the online shop only in 16+4 or 18+4 ... in my opinion that sucks a little bit. :-?
'would be nice if they were available in 22+2m or something like that for those people who don't use the Hadlow Pros.
imho 22-23m line-lenght is perfect for unhooked riding.

Still these split 18+4m lines make the kite far more direct than normal standard 22m dyneema lines.

pixelpedro
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: not telling
Favorite Beaches: So far: Santa Cruz, Pismo, Hood River
Style: lil this ... lil dat
Gear: The one that flies and floats
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby pixelpedro » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:32 pm

DirkGently wrote:They're cheap too relatively, with the exchange.
not sure about that, I like Hadlow lines, but not $170 plus shipping, I've had good luck with LF lines, really been digging them, granted don't feel as good as the Hadlows but about half a season on them, and they look and feel practically new, well, that could also be due to our windy season sucked.

I guess my inexperience pays off here :wink: , cause I can't tell the difference between 23m vs 22m lines, but I can tell between 18 vs 23 or 23, and I can tell 16 vs 18, so 22m or 23m is good for me.

I fly 18m (LF lines) and 23 (Wainman lines), on my wainmans, liking it so far, so the hadlow lines would be perfect for me, buuuuuut, price is a bit steep I guess, I may just bite the bullet though.

Got a buddy just ordered the Q-Power lines, gona check those out and see.

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite

Postby jakemoore » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:06 pm

edt wrote:Link me if you know where I can buy a 600 foot spool.
http://www.apcoaviation.com/products/6/apc97817.html

This is the best clue I can find on a casual internet search. I looked into this a few years ago and could only find a distributor from Singapore willing to ship to USA. I remember having a hard time finding out the details as the lines weren't listed in the catalogue and only some paragliding suppliers could/would point me in the right direction. Ultimately the quantity was an order of magnitude more than I wanted to buy.

Jake

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards

Postby jespin4845 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:24 am

ordered q lines earlier in the week, tried them today for the first time on my switchblade today, i like them so far for the following reason

there is some improvement in steering, feels a tad more responsive than stock lines, shitty stock lines...kite loops are initiated quicker

the orange line is my left line, and it is highly visible when i need to unspin my bar, even when under water i saw which way the bar needed to spin, which is great after faceplanting on the f16's today

the fact that i can cut them and size them as i need

cons

its difficult to measure cabrinha bar cause the front lines and rear lines are different sizes, so i had to re-tie them a couple times, no biggie, figure eights...you can pay extra and have someone cut and tie them for you

they whistle in the wind, doesn't bother me, some people like my wife (auditory sensitive) may drive them insane but u know your going upwind when you hear the whistle at that certain pitch

when you wind your bar up, you have to be careful not to spin them too much, cause your next session you will have a rat's nest, that being said if you take that extra minute and wind them up slowly its no big deal, and is as quick to unwind and layout when you arrive on the beach as regular lines

in all i like them, they are cheaper and DIY which i am into...i got them for the long run,...i hate checking line stretch, which happened to me too much being 200 lbs and enjoy being overpowered, they are beefier than stock lines and the sheath has me with no worries of shoobies stepping on them on the beach, remind me of a smaller diameter bridle lines with that black sheath on them that the bridle sliders run on

if i dont post about them again, that means they dont stretch and last a long time, if i do i will post to bitch about them

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:45 am

jakemoore wrote:This is the best clue I can find on a casual internet search. I looked into this a few years ago and could only find a distributor from Singapore willing to ship to USA. I remember having a hard time finding out the details as the lines weren't listed in the catalogue and only some paragliding suppliers could/would point me in the right direction. Ultimately the quantity was an order of magnitude more than I wanted to buy.

Jake
tks jake, i'll stick with the ultrex for now it's a lot easier to obtain

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:49 am

jespin4845 wrote:if i dont post about them again, that means they dont stretch and last a long time, if i do i will post to bitch about them

No, we wont hear from you again.

Cheers
Caesar 8)

kiterdrew
Medium Poster
Local Beach: East Beach, Anna Maria, Skyway
Favorite Beaches: East Beach, Skyway
Style: Wakestyle
Brand Affiliation: Mutiny Kites
Been thanked: 0

Postby kiterdrew » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:16 am

Mutiny's line set retail for $145 Best Lines I've ever used!

Might be able to work a few Bro deals if you guys are interested :)

Cheers, Drew
www.drewchristianson.wordpress.com

Cyberstu
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Orewa
Style: Hooked in and huge
Gear: Best NEMI HP 2012 10m
Best NEMI HP 2009 14m
Best NEMI HP 2009 8m

Crazy fly raptor pro ltd 132

Postby Cyberstu » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:17 am

Bit the bullet, and bought q power lines. Found a place in vegas that sell quad line sets, pre tied 25m and pre stretched. Got a 40knot storm coming monday. So i hope they arrive in time!!!
Thanks for everyones comments

pixelpedro
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: not telling
Favorite Beaches: So far: Santa Cruz, Pismo, Hood River
Style: lil this ... lil dat
Gear: The one that flies and floats

Postby pixelpedro » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Cyberstu wrote:Bit the bullet, and bought q power lines. Found a place in vegas that sell quad line sets, pre tied 25m and pre stretched. Got a 40knot storm coming monday. So i hope they arrive in time!!!
Thanks for everyones comments
Do they have a website by any chance?

Cyberstu
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Orewa
Style: Hooked in and huge
Gear: Best NEMI HP 2012 10m
Best NEMI HP 2009 14m
Best NEMI HP 2009 8m

Crazy fly raptor pro ltd 132

Postby Cyberstu » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:33 am

Its called 'a wind of change'
In vegas

Return to “Kitesurfing”