Forum for kitesurfers
edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Re: how do you relaunch your C kites

Postby edt » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:49 am

pwnd550 wrote: It might not be a c kite, but it's hybrid and relaunches like a c
i saw a review that the hadlow id didnt relaunch easily, weird it has really fat wingtips, should be able to relaunch by tugging a line, I guess flexi went all out to give u the C kite feel lol

pwnd550
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Belmont Shore (Long Beach, CA)
Favorite Beaches: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Bras d'Eau (Mauritius), Rodrigues Island
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites:
- 2010 RRD Obsession 10.5m
- 2013 Flexifoil Hadlow ID 12m
Boards:
- 2009 RRD Placebo (133x40cm)
- 2013 Flexifoil Hadlow MK2 (134cm)
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby pwnd550 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:51 am

edt wrote:
pwnd550 wrote: It might not be a c kite, but it's hybrid and relaunches like a c
i saw a review that the hadlow id didnt relaunch easily, weird it has really fat wingtips, should be able to relaunch by tugging a line, I guess flexi went all out to give u the C kite feel lol
yeah it was quite a shock for me when I first got the kite and didn't know that it was possible to relaunch that way. Anyways once you got it, it's easy

DirkGently
Medium Poster

Postby DirkGently » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:24 am

pwnd550 wrote:
DirkGently wrote:
pwnd550 wrote:With the flexifoi hadlow id, i just swim towards the kite or let myself get dragged downwind, and then it goes a bit on its back and i pull on a side line
thats not a c kite. i'll pass the info on relaunching bridle kites onto my grandpa though.

I pull opposing center and steering lines, even when just a steering line would do it, because I like my kite to rip me out of the water on as it shoots straight up through the window.
It might not be a c kite, but it's hybrid and relaunches like a c
I flew that thing, and its a piece of shit and embarassment for Flexi. Dont all kites relaunch "like a c" if you apply that methodology.

pwnd550
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Belmont Shore (Long Beach, CA)
Favorite Beaches: Roches Noires Private Beach (Mauritius), Bras d'Eau (Mauritius), Rodrigues Island
Boards:

Postby pwnd550 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:48 am

DirkGently wrote: I flew that thing, and its a piece of shit and embarassment for Flexi. Dont all kites relaunch "like a c" if you apply that methodology.
That kite is so good! Well yeah you're right for the relaunch part :wink:

pwnd550
Frequent Poster
Boards:

Postby pwnd550 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:52 am

pwnd550 wrote:
DirkGently wrote: I flew that thing, and its a piece of shit and embarassment for Flexi. Dont all kites relaunch "like a c" if you apply that methodology.
That kite is so good! Well yeah you're right for the relaunch part :wink:
I had a RRD Obsession before, and if I compare to the hadlow, the hadlow is 100x better, so i might be influenced by that, because it's such a good difference

Return to “Kitesurfing”