nomorebikinis
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Split Kiteboard ?

Postby nomorebikinis » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:38 pm

SPLIT KITEBOARD
I am a customer, sorry not a board builder. For almost 2 months i am looking for a split kiteboard. Why? I m sick really sick of these airport regulations and I travel often. All these nights I spend reading airline regulations. I do not like to lie and say that there are golf sticks in my bag (my weakness :oops: ).

I found these firms on the web:
-ventdefolie.fr
-newind.it
-kitesyndicat.de
-In an older thread on this forum I also found an Israeli company, but they do not respond (so yes I used the search function on this forum)

I only tried the French board and thought it too heavy. The German Board looks perfect, most perfect price too, really well built, but it is not under 3 kilo's. I m looking for a 1.25 mtr board, width 37 cm, a bit under 3 kilo's. My weight is only 49 kilo's. The German board is perfect I just want to know if I perhaps forgot to ask another company..

Question 2: looking for the lightest straps pads, firm but light handle too. Any suggestion is most welcome, don't hesitate, just give me your thoughts :baby:

kiteile
Rare Poster

Re: Split Kiteboard ?

Postby kiteile » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:36 pm

christophebcn
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Barcelona
Style: Freeride

Postby christophebcn » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:03 pm

Does anyone make a split freeride/race board? I love my sector 60 but it's such a pain to bring to the beach...

kiteboy84
Rare Poster

Postby kiteboy84 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:10 am

Hi guys!

I was also sick of paying additional taxes to the airline companies and I bought split kiteboard with a special bag which is designed to put it overhead in airplane and you don't pay a penny extra. Www.splitkiteboards.com is the web page where I bought it, the product is called kitelement resolve, handmade in europe. The board is realy good, I was wondered is it won't break but I have mine for couple months and it is ok. The producers were testing it in some aerospace institute, trying to break it with 300kg weight in the middle and they didn't break it. Check it on the website and good luck! Ps: f*** the airline companies with their taxes! ;)

Return to “Gear Builders”