Forum for kitesurfers
kiteboy84
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Split board??

Postby kiteboy84 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:22 am

The best on the market is Kitelement Resolve, check it out @ www.splitkiteboards.com
It has great price, nice design, high tech performance and it comes with a special bag.
Wooden core, carbon fibre and weight less than 3kg

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:53 am

Are you involved with the company? Interesting that you're resuscitating some threads from the distant past. What's your angle?

kiteboy84
Rare Poster

Postby kiteboy84 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:59 am

Dear loco, I was in the same situation when I was looking for a splitkiteboard, because I was fuckin angry everytime I payied extra money for traveling. I found perfect product in kitelement resolve splitboard, I met the guys and become very good friend with them. They provided me excelent support and now when they launched new eshop, I support them. My aim is to help people looking for split boards like I was, because there was very limited offer on the market. I have 0 money interest, my passion is kiting and I work in totaly different field,believe me :)
So for everybody who is looking for split kiteboard, buy one and screw the airline companies,because they are screwing us!
Thats the way she goes :) aren't you owner of some airline company loco? :)

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:15 am

Hi kiteboy,

I'm working on starting a new airline which transports kiteboarding equipment for free but charges extra for golf clubs (unless they are in a fake bag to look like kiteboarding equipment). I envision a day when old nerdy golfers buy fake piercings and tats and dress grungy to pretend they are kiteboarders in order to sneak a set of clubs on my airline. I'm a couple hundred million dollars short of starting up so for now I pay others to fly me to great kiting destinations, and I feel the same pain as many others who fly to kite. I'm very into the whole split / folding board concept and also want to travel the world with minimal equipment and have maximal fun.

I only raised the question because you came out of nowhere, resurrected old dead threads and started promoting a product as the best, with no actual reviews of similar products. It somewhat resembles an advertisement in a thin disguise. That's not a problem as there are a lot of poorly disguised advertisements all over this forum; I was more curious if you were the owner of the company or just a guy promoting them for whatever reason you may have.

Glad you have something you like and I'd be interested in reading any specifics or comparisons you have in addition to just saying its the best.

Have fun

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:28 am

i hope this manly water suite is not so expensive as split board :lol:
Attachments
_1.3-jpg.jpg

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:05 pm

@John, Here is another interesting concept as a race or directional,
but the most recent one is from XtremeBigAir, the "Newind Split Kite Board"

http://xtremebigair.com/Newind-Split-Ki ... P1069.aspx

DrLW

http://yoss-kite.sportblog.fr
Attachments
New Wind Split Kite Board.jpeg
New Wind Split Kite Board.jpeg (63.06 KiB) Viewed 7159 times
Last edited by DrLightWind on Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:18 pm

Nice!

shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Favorite Beaches: In Order:
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada
Style: Freeride/Race
Gear: Cabrinha

Postby shawn13 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:47 am

Reviving old threads is great. This is something I had on my mind but didn't want to search through 500 pages. Also now we have new info!

liv2surf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Waddell Creek, Scott Creek, Miramar-Half Moon Bay, Coyote Point, Pillar Point Harbor-HMB
Style: waves & foil
Gear: Cabrinha Drifters 7, 9, 11. Firewire Dominator surfboard (quad), no straps. SS SpacePickle adapted to foil (LF Foilfish foil), two foot hooks, front and back.

Postby liv2surf » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Am looking for split surf boards for kiting in the 6' range (not 5'9"). I actually wish this was a technology that was portable to any board or computer shape on has an interest in. I know the Pope bisect technology for longboards and SUPs is available as parts (I believe). I guess implementing a split board from an already manufactured surfboard may be very challenging (e.g. it needs to be water-tight etc).

darippah
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Weight: 165
Local Beach: New Jersey, USA
Style: Hydrofoil big air
Gear: Sonic 3 13m , Soul 7 and 10m

Postby darippah » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:37 am

loco4viento wrote:Are you involved with the company? Interesting that you're resuscitating some threads from the distant past. What's your angle?
I'm also curious why the only board the requires "screws" is the best on the market :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”