All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 1413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 142  Next
 Post subject: Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:33 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Pump me up wrote:
Some kiters might be interested to read MOMI's opinion on the "2-4 knot" claimed low end for the Infinity V3 kite.
As the designer, MoMi, might know the light wind capabilities for this kite.
I believe that MoMi got the first ride on the Infinity V3 prototype.
....about eight days before Dimitri's V3 proto showed up in Hatteras.
Pretty sure the number MoMi spoke about, was around 4 knots.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:11 am 
Frequent Poster

I think the entertainment factor is down because the clown is not doing his job, because he knows we are carefully judging his every word,
watching for signs of dementia.

Oldnbroken, careful what you say, the haters are listening!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:19 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Time to revive this post
BS= 2-4kn SUP riding in Hatteras sound
BS= 3-6kn SUP riding Cocoa beach ocean
BS= less than 5kn on a SUP in Naples
BS= PRO rider falling off SUP in Naples (when in fact kite only went in)
BS= Supa swimming out to chest deep past breakers because of long fins
BS= Supa starting out belly button deep (what he really meant to say)

This is what i think BS needs................ :nutkick:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:07 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Dimitri M wrote:
Once again the INFINITY V2 or V3 is not a 16 meter kite… blabla
Ok, apart from problems with spelling and grammar, there appears to be a problem with basic mathematical concepts. For the general enlightenment of Epic and its supporters (i.e. dealers and assorted hangers-on), the symbol "~" means "approximately". i.e. The Epic Infinity is ~16m, give or take ~1m2. Epic's ignorance of a basic mathematical tenet is separate from the fact that the only people who care about its exact size is the Epic goon squad. Everyone else is prepared to accept that the use of the term "Infinity" and Epic's coy refusal to reveal an actual size is a marketing gimmick and the kite ACTUALLY is ~16m2.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:52 pm 
Rare Poster

i tried the Infinity V3!!

Yes it does fly in 3knots!!! you cant kite but it stays up there. Voodoo hahahaha but it does

Now you can maybe if your very skilled ride a sup board in 4 to 6 knots
I was able to ride it on a 135 twintip in 8-10 knots and no problem at all.

For people who live around lakes and are kite junkies and only have 8 to 13 knots where they live. I can recommend the kite. But if your like me super junkie. Move to a spot with more wind :-)

If you dont like the marketing skills of the greek man why just not ignoore it.

Or look at the marketing skills of other brands and think about it. So we have money people not buying our kites as much. What about if we just sponsor every one we can!! A brand with a fish maybe

Or the other aproach any one can become our team rider fill out this form promisse to blog facebook tweet and pimp our brand as much as you can.

I say try the f#€%in kite and if you like it buy if not try another one until you find what you like! Not what others say are the one you should have

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:24 am 
Medium Poster

It is not believing it, or not, and testing it if you like it, but it is a Big B.S.
that kite can fly in 3 knots, Period :!:

Inflatable kites can only Hindenburg in 3 kn since Bruno with the traditional L.E.I. & strut concept and Infinity's 16m heavy weight low AR.
Additionally not even the myth busters and designers could support this 3 kn B.S. yet with standard line length :nono: :naughty:
Or are you talking about 50m line length :?:

:dance: :advise: :smash: :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:12 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I can't stop....

Hey, here is a question:
Who the f want's to kite in 3 knots? Even 7 or 10? Unless it's more then 10, why bother?
If you can get to a full plane in 7 knots, without pumping the kite or loose speed in turns, then I see it, otherwise,... WHY?
PS: with a normal board, not a fancy 2000 dollar race board or foil kine.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:39 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Pump me up wrote:
Dimitri M wrote:
Once again the INFINITY V2 or V3 is not a 16 meter kite… blabla
Ok, apart from problems with spelling and grammar, there appears to be a problem with basic mathematical concepts. For the general enlightenment of Epic and its supporters (i.e. dealers and assorted hangers-on), the symbol "~" means "approximately". i.e. The Epic Infinity is ~16m, give or take ~1m2. Epic's ignorance of a basic mathematical tenet is separate from the fact that the only people who care about its exact size is the Epic goon squad. Everyone else is prepared to accept that the use of the term "Infinity" and Epic's coy refusal to reveal an actual size is a marketing gimmick and the kite ACTUALLY is ~16m2.

So true PMU and i have a warning to all Infinity lovers
If you ride at my beach in the surf in 8-10kn max you will not be very happy with your purchase
You will quickly learn that you will need 10kn min to be able to ride and have any kind of fun

At my beach there are ....3 Core Riot XR2LW 19m2 + ( SP3 21..Dyno 18..Dyno LTD 17)
You will never see a LW specific kite around 16m2 size while we are out in 8-10kn max
It just does not work

Do not buy into his "marketing mind game secret size" just because he appears like a nice guy
As long as he sells them he is happy...remember it is a business...his business
He does not really care if you are grounded while others using real LW kites are out on the water

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:17 pm 
Frequent Poster

Wow this has gone past myth busting to just plain pathetic..... at my beach you would be asked to leave! Nobody wants this type of negative vibe infecting the tribe. I have always been a pretty relaxed guy but I just can't tolerate your hostility and the need for attention! My children understand that this type of behavior is wrong so it is baffling that an older man as yourself has to resort to this sort of childish behavior!

James

The only reason Supa that I have felt a need to write to you again is that you just can't win this battle..... Dimitri is going to continue with his buisness plan and keep selling kites! Yeah it rubs you wrong but this childish vendetta is making you appear as nothing more than a complete douche bag (again I am mearly stating you appear as one and that you are not one). I hate the whole name calling tirades, internet tough guy, and overall cyber trolling that forums provide to people who know that they don't have to deal with individuals on a physical basis. I honestly believe that you would be less cocky in person if you had to deal with people in the flesh! who knows..... maybe you are just this arrogant in real life???

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:49 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Guys,
I promised a while back I was not going to post on this thread again but it's getting out of hand. This is another email I got a month ago but did not want to share it with the public because it shows your true colors and that's coming from a kiter who has nothing to do with EPIC kites.

P.S. I think when he says "gai" he means "guy". So don't take it personal. :remybussi:

Attachments:
email from a happy customer.jpg
email from a happy customer.jpg [ 133.02 KIB | Viewed 1350 times ]
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 [ 1413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138 ... 142  Next