Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: The Surf kite from Epic Kites

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:47 pm

Dimitri M wrote: Also it's very interesting how team riders and designer from other kite companies watch the EPIC thread like hawks.
That must tell you we are doing something right.
Kicking BS in the nuts :nutkick:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:50 pm

Dimitri M wrote: But again it's not easy when you see a small company doing very well .
Again we are not interested in Quantity but QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, and CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Look at the FERRARI cars, they have a small market share but again every body wants a FERRARI correct?
FERRARI = EPIC

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:12 pm

Poster: SupaEZ,
FERRARI = EPIC
SupaEZ,
Please keep this thread clean from all your meaningless posts. If you want to contribute in giving us some inputs on the SURF kite please be my guest and post something intellectual like most people have been doing. But if you want to post childish things like the post you just posted above, then please go to your amazing thread called "Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims" and "The world demands more Epic teaser threads" which has been contaminated from your annoying posts because you don't make any sense. But please keep this thread clean with creative feed back.
Thank you very much for your time and for understanding.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River
Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kite2Heaven » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Hey Richswing... I think i know what you mean - remember the first part of the strut from the L/E was not attached to the canopy, but after the bend was... So under pressure you get the foil shape. I had the 10m thruster - that one size was a ledgendary fast big air kite.
How aerodynamic does a kite need to be for a low wind speed of 15 - 25 knots ? Theres your answer. Hercules aircraft have a big ass wing... thats not expected to reach mach 9 like the latest supersonic jets.

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:10 pm

SupaEZ wrote:
Dimitri M wrote: But again it's not easy when you see a small company doing very well .
Again we are not interested in Quantity but QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, and CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Look at the FERRARI cars, they have a small market share but again every body wants a FERRARI correct?
FERRARI = EPIC
If I were to compare EPIC to a car company it would be:

http://www.namco-euro.com/

Greek Engineering :lol:

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:23 pm

UKSurf has it warmed up enough for you to kite again, we offered to send you a kite to test last autumn but I seem to remember you were going to wait till springtime, well let us know if you are and maybe we could come visit with a few Epic kites so you can try one!?

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:45 pm

windsuks wrote:UKSurf has it warmed up enough for you to kite again, we offered to send you a kite to test last autumn but I seem to remember you were going to wait till springtime, well let us know if you are and maybe we could come visit with a few Epic kites so you can try one!?
Thanks for the offer but I am not interested in this brand, their over the top marketing claims have seriously put me off. But if you want to come and visit me sometime you are welcome to do so

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:59 pm

No problem,
But why spend your time and energy against them, just ignore the threads if it annoys you so much, it's a shame as this thread was going well and now because of one two individuals is being spoilt....
Supa please please keep your weird ramblings to the other thread and leave this bs free .....and for those that genuinely wish to contribute to a Surf kite.

Where are you based, we do intend to travel around the UK a bit more this year if at all possible...in between lessons/sales it can be hard though. It would be great if you did at least try the kites but no sweat either way.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:04 am

Once again Mr.UKSurf.
If you are going to contribute in some of your ideas about what a wave kite should have please do so on this post, but if you are going to act like a 5 year old child please do it somewhere else.
This is an email I got from a kiter that has shared a lot of feed back about what the SURF kite should be. He has nothing to do with Epic kites. Actually he rides for another kite company and loves his kites.
I hope this email gives you a better idea of what the majority of the people think about posters like you. I have few more emails like this one from anonymous kiters that have nothing to do with Epic kites and I can share these with you so you get a better understanding.
So please do me a favor and send me some ideas instead of wasting your time writing negative comments with out having even had the chance to try an Epic kite.

P.S. Also I don't think it's a good idea for you to demo an EPIC kite because you won't be the same person after that, plus you will have a different opinion about the EPIC kites. I have seen it in person after letting few kiters that were very negative against EPIC kites testing the kites for the first time. Guess what happened to them!!!!
:naughty:

Thank you.
Attachments
wave kite email.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:06 am

UKSurf wrote:Thanks, but I am not interested in this brand.
Very clearly, not true.
Why a handful of malcontents, bother to spend so much time and energy in the Epic threads, would be a big mystery...if we were to believe the stories they tell.
Obviously, these people have an interest, but very seldom is the real one revealed openly.
If kiters who claim what you claim, spent more time providing feedback to the designer of your kites of choice, maybe you would be a happier bunch, and your kites would fly better. :wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”