Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Switch Nitro V2 14M Freestyle/Race. Lightwind(Wake and Surf)

Forum for kitesurfers
toddalbinson
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Wrightsville beach NC
Carolina beach
The Basin
Masonboro Island
Favorite Beaches: Any with wind
Style: wake,free,surf
Gear: Switch,Liquid Force
Brand Affiliation: Switch team Rider
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Switch Nitro V2 14M Freestyle/Race. Lightwind(Wake and Surf)

Postby toddalbinson » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:01 pm

Here is a review for this kite.
I am 190lbs 6ft tall. experienced kiter who likes wake,free and surf
I am a team rider for Switch but all that means is that i get a small discount and make my gear available for demo. So hit me up if you would like to try this kite. I'm in Wilmington NC and my info is on Switch team rider page on website.
I am a die hard C-kite rider so after 8 years of kiting I got the Nitro V2 14M to extend those light wind sessions. Let me start by saying that this kite will definitely do that. I have had big C kites in the past, but they all turn slow and are not really that much fun.Big lawn mowers if you ask me.
First of all I must say I was not expecting to like this kite as much as I do and it does things I was not expecting for it to do. I'm sure that the smaller sizes are great race kites because this thing makes wind with speed of kite. So it is not a light kite that uses weight to stay in the air when the winds are light. It uses design to generate speed and stay up. So if this kite will fly you will be riding. I was on the beach with 12mph winds thinking there was no way I was gonna be riding the first time I flew the kite. Got on the water,cycled the kite a few times and I was off. Parked the kite and was going faster than the wind speed on a twin tip.
Here is what really impresses me about the kite. I can do wake style tricks in light wind. When you unhook the kite doesn't yank your arms out like most non C kites. Loads without de powering and drifts at the end of tricks waiting for your input. A really good 140lb kiter demoed this kite and was doing all sorts of advanced unhooked wake style tricks in heavy ocean current in 10-12 mph staying upwind no problem. This also carries over to surfing. Doesn't surf too well hooked in but unhooked it drifts great! I'm really looking forward to light wind surfing with this kite in spring as I just got a light wind surfboard. No more waiting for the wind to pick up on those 10-14mph days!
Cons-When the wind picks up,put this kite down! I thought I could hold this kite down when the wind picked up over 20mph one day and when the gusts hit I was tea bagging down wind. It is a light wind kite and so when the wind picks up now I just go pump up my favorite C kite.
The kite also does everything that is specified on Switch web site. Upwind awesome. Jumps and butter smooth landings. Build quality second to none.Relaunch great(has water dump vents in wingtip to aid in light wind+++.) ect.
While there are other really good light wind kites out there I have flown, none does all the things the Nitro V2 does. Give one a try and watch the smile appear! :D

toddalbinson
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Wrightsville beach NC
Carolina beach
The Basin
Masonboro Island
Favorite Beaches: Any with wind
Style: wake,free,surf
Gear: Switch,Liquid Force
Brand Affiliation: Switch team Rider
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Switch Nitro V2 14M Freestyle/Race. Lightwind(Wake and S

Postby toddalbinson » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:03 am

Update on review

This is what others have said about the kite. It has great low end pull and has a c kite feel.

This kite has been a session save for me. Now when its light wind I'm just as stoked as when its really honking. This kite paired with my light wind LF Kite Fish(awesome super fun board) has opened up a whole new aspect of kiting for me. Never thought I could have sooo much fun in 10mph wind. :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”