Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby Kite2Heaven » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:21 am

Hey - in pic no.17 of the grand caymon demo, that kite sure does have a great bottom end :)

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:11 pm

This is a video of the INFINITY V3 prototype kite in action during our Grand Cayman adventure. Now if you are looking for a light wind kite to have fun in light conditions make sure to try the INFINITY V2 or V3 kite.
http://www.epickites.com/products/infinity_v2.php

YOUTUBE:

VIMEO:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Poster: Kite2Heaven
Hey - in pic no.17 of the grand caymon demo, that kite sure does have a great bottom end
Wait until you see the top end :wink:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Just got this review from the CanadianSBC KITEBOARD mag. I don't know how many of these guys had the opportunity to test the SCREAMER but now they know why I call this kite the SCREAMER. One of these days when the SBC crew were testing the SCREAMER kite here in the Outer Banks (NC. USA), I could hear some of them screaming like laddies when they were up in the air.

P.S. One mistake they made was the sizing. The SCREAMER comes in: 7/9/10/12/14.
Attachments
Screamer.jpg

Nigel W
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: Hurricane Kiteboarding (School) Grand Cayman, Dealers for Epic Kites, Mobe kitewear.

Postby Nigel W » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:27 am

Massive thanks to the Epic crew for a great week here in Grand Cayman! Dimitri is a machine of raw energy and an inspiration. We have been operating our school now for just over two months and have chosen to be an epic kite school as I believe the build quality and performance are second to none. We had our Grand opening for our school Hurricane Kiteboarding last Saturday and as you can see from Dimitri's photo's it was a massive success. We had loads of people testing kites throughout the day and most of them are die hard fans of a particular different brand which happens to us all when you've used one brand for a long time. After trying our Epic 3g kites and a few of the 4g prototypes the feed back really was just incredible. It was quite spread over both the Renegade and the Screamer some even saying that the Renegade was the preferred kite! It just goes to show that different kites for different people and riding styles. Most of the comments were highlighting how smooth and direct the bars were and how powerful the kites are. One guy a kite veteran maybe 60yrs was screaming across the water "this is a ten it says nine but its a ten for sure!" We definitely converted some kitesurfers that day and I am now organizing our next big order!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:42 pm

Hello guys Momi and I have been working on few ideas. This is one of them.
Yes we are coming out with a kite designed only for SURFING. And it's going to be called: "The SURF"
So if you are a pure surfer and all you like is surfing, then the "SURF 5/8/12 meter" will be your weapon for the waves.
We are still working on the prototypes but will let you know more when we are close for the release date. Wait until you see the graphics.
:naughty:
Attachments
KiteForum March 2013 Banners Surf comming soon.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:13 pm

Hello guys,
Just wanted to share with you an email I got few weeks ago from a customer.
Once again like I always said the kites talk for themselves. Why do you think I send demos all around the world? That is because I know once they try the kites they will be very impressed with the performance and quality of the kite. This is what happened to this happy kiter from Australia.
Attachments
some one loves his kites.jpg

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River

Postby Kite2Heaven » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:53 am

Hi Dimitri,
It seems as market trends follow, everyone is designing 4 line kites for a better bottom end and easier relaunch...
Can we pleeaasse have a hardcore high aspect - high lift foiled tough built monster jump kite that does not have a good bottom end and easy relaunch, so we dont lose shape...in the give/take scenario and for the 20 to 30 knot range...
Not everyon wants a 1 'fat' kite quiver - just as your New Surf kit
is 'not' for everyone.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:19 pm

Kite2Heaven, this is the reason why we have the SCREAMER models. The SCREAMER models were designed for big jumps, big hang time, big boards off, big handle passes big kite loops and what ever has to do with BIG. But the good thing about the SCREAMERS is that it relaunch very easy and it's a very stable kite. I designed this kite for my type of riding style. Now if you want a kite that has even a higher aspect then the SCREAMER kite then the RACER will be the kite you are looking for.
Also all our kites fly on 4 lines, I don't beleive on the 5th line. Kites that uses a 5th line are kites that jelly fish a lot and that won't relaunch easy and that is the reason why they had to put a 5th line.

This is a picture of the SCREAMER in action.
Attachments
DSC_0095.jpg

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River

Postby Kite2Heaven » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:31 pm

Very Cool pic - so how about a 9m Racer 'LTD' kite built tough not lightweight ???

Return to “Kitesurfing”