Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2013 Naish Park

Forum for kitesurfers
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2013 Naish Park

Postby tautologies » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:15 am

Kiteus Maximus wrote:The one I rode had below the bar depower. Anyone have any input on the above the bar depower?

Also someone mentioned the kite does not do well in gusts. Can you please explain how it does not handle gusts well?
It handles gusts really well. Gotta pump it up but no problem..my main spot is very gusty.

heinzbush
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby heinzbush » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:03 am

Of course it is all relative...

As I mentioned earlier, I had Kahoonas before and compared to that, the kite is really nervous in gusts... If the wind suddenly drops, it seems it would start falling out of the sky... if the next gust comes, you get a major pull... no biggy, but as I said, it's all relative..

It happened to me 3 times that after launching and I had the kite at 12 to sort out my stuff, the kite flew over my head and hindenburged... My kahoona would just stay at 12 and wait for me to get ready.. (I know I shouldnt leave the kite at 12 in gusts, so I don't really want to blame the Park now for my mistake, but the difference to the Kahoona is still interesting...)

I really love the kite, but I prefer the Kahoona... will probably switch in 2014...

kiteiwi
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Leighton Beach Western Australia
Favorite Beaches: Augusta WA
Safety Bay WA
Wedge WA
Leighton WA
Style: Freeride
Gear: 2009 12m Naish Cult
2010 9m Naish Helix

Postby kiteiwi » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:54 am

For me the Gen III 2013 Park rocks i've had the previous 2 models but this years has been a marked improvement for me with better low end, more power, faster turning, better upwind, better lift and smoother loops. It's still not a hold your balls overly powerful kite but i find it very responsive and if you want to put the foot down give it a nice loop and a couple of signs and you're off.

As for build quality imho Naish have improved, my first kite was a 2009 cult and i reckon the latest kites are better built with more attention to detail and some new features that owners will appreciate.

That's my 2 cents/pasos/francs worth
Last edited by kiteiwi on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heinzbush
Medium Poster

Postby heinzbush » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:15 pm

:thumb:

If in doubt, take the kites you consider for a session and then pull the trigger on the one that you like best!

After all, testing/buying kites is fun :D

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:10 pm

heinzbush wrote::thumb:

If in doubt, take the kites you consider for a session and then pull the trigger on the one that you like best!

After all, testing/buying kites is fun :D
Agreed :)

haiku
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Latina beach Italy and...Naish beach Maui
Favorite Beaches: Latina, Porto Pollo - Italy , Kitebeach. Kihei - Maui
Style: old and new school
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR, Speed, Boost, Cronix, Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Radical 5, Door 5, Kazuma custom wave boards

Postby haiku » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi. For me the new Park is a way better than the 2012 and 2011. The most significative improvement is the increased low end. Now the Park is one of the most grunty kite on the market. With my 12 and a North Nuggett I can ride starting from 9/10 Knots (74 Kg. and a full winter wetsuit). Still is one the best wave kite on the market. The 9 mt. is a real dream to fly.
Best regards
Carlo

heinzbush
Medium Poster

Postby heinzbush » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:42 pm

...just coming back from a session in about 25knots, was on my 7 Park with a directional to catch some waves...

It was quite a big swell, and of course, I wiped out massively and couldn't get the kite up. The Park went through about 5-6 MAJOR spinning cycles until I finally reached it. I really thought that was it for the kite...

HOWEVER - to my positive surprise - Park got no damage at all!! :)

It took me a while to get the lines untangled and I was back in the water... Thumbs up for build quality!

Fonterello
Rare Poster
Gear: Naish Parks

Postby Fonterello » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:08 am

I just rode the 2013 Park 12 & 8m for a week. Got the kites new just before i went away. After riding them 1 week, i can't believe the bottom end. I'm 93 kgs and ride twin tips. 146x42 and a 140x40. I rode the 12m in about 13kts or so, no jumping really, but jumped really well at 15-16 kts or so. The 8m in 20kts or so, was incredible. I was jumping 15' high. Great turning kites. This was all done on factory settings. I will try other settings later. Excellent build quality. The only thing negative about the kites would be trailing edge flutter on the last panels. This only happens when the kite is speeding thru the window. Maybe on other settings it wont be a problem. Im sure this is a problem with many 2-3 strut kites. I rode with the 2012 bar, and it was fine. New cleat system seems easier than earlier additons. Got in a bit of a pickle and had to pull chicken loop safety. It worked awesome, kite,just went out a bit and sat on the water with very little pull.
All in all, these seem to be a great kite, good jumper, great turning, excellent bottom end, moderate bar pressure. Can't wait to get back out them when it warms up. Oh ya, i got lots of good comments about the stock colors.

xfact
Rare Poster

Postby xfact » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:46 am

As I am on the market for an upgarade to my 2011 parks, I had a try on the 2012 ones in Mui Ne - Vietnam last month. One of the local schools let me have a try on their kites. Unfortunately they did not have 2013 models. What I noticed was the fluttering on the trailing edge. As my 2011's are rock solid, I believed this was a one time thing. Now I see that there are still such issues on the 2013. Any other info on that? It is quiter bothering to have those vibrtions on the bar. Maybe a setup issue? Any input?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:18 am

xfact wrote:As I am on the market for an upgarade to my 2011 parks, I had a try on the 2012 ones in Mui Ne - Vietnam last month. One of the local schools let me have a try on their kites. Unfortunately they did not have 2013 models. What I noticed was the fluttering on the trailing edge. As my 2011's are rock solid, I believed this was a one time thing. Now I see that there are still such issues on the 2013. Any other info on that? It is quiter bothering to have those vibrtions on the bar. Maybe a setup issue? Any input?
hmm, I have not noticed any fluttering. I am sure I can get it to flutter if I loop and depower at the same time...but no consistent fluttering that I know. I do not remember having that on my 2012 either...but I don't remember if specifically that it did not have it either.... Was this on one specific kite, or did you try more? Could it be an anomaly on that one kite? Any repairs on that kite?

Return to “Kitesurfing”