Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kitesurfing Mallorca/Majorca or nearby year round?

Forum for kitesurfers
joffaburger
Rare Poster
Local Beach: When I'm back home - Gold Coast - Spit, Narrowneck, Nobbies, Currumbin, and Kirra
Favorite Beaches: Spit, Narrowneck, Nobbies, Currumbin, and KirraMerimbula, Philip Island, Flinders, Pt Leo, Pt Impossible, Pt Danger, Cactus, Margaret River, Falcon Bay, Woodmans Pt, Dutch Inn, Lancelin, Gero,
Style: surf
Gear: custom surf board KOMA expoxy NSP fish thruster 6 footer - Eclipse KIMA kites 12m 9m and soon a 6m!
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kitesurfing Mallorca/Majorca or nearby year round?

Postby joffaburger » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:55 pm

I have received a job offer on Majorca and as kiting is a BIG part of my life a need to know if I can get to kite much on the island and what conditions they have their throughout the year? I ride mainly surfboards in the waves but of course could switch back to flat water if I had too...I note it's not a very windy place in the Summer so I may have to sell my tubes and pickup a couple Speed 2's to give me light wind options....

I see from other forums that it is packed in the Summer months and beach launches are often not possible in most areas. I will be living and working in Paguera which is the SW coast.

I note in other forums ppl have recommended the Nth end on Majorca - couldn't get any further away from Paguera which is a bummer as not sure what sort of transport I will have.....also was wondering how cheap a flight I can get from Palma to a decent kitesurfing location for a week or weekend in a windy place every now and again?

thanks in advanced for any relevant info....

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Re: Kitesurfing Mallorca/Majorca or nearby year round?

Postby DrLightWind » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:04 am

There is a user "Kitemallorca" on the forum who is using the 15m Speed3 DL also what I have.
Appears the wind is light there a lot, but maybe I'm wrong :?:
Hopefully you could him for more :crossfingers:

DrLW

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2358602&p=616163#p616163

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:15 am

find all spots on www.kitebeaches.com

Summer receives thermal winds, then the north is very good. During winter it can have good winds and the spots in the south like can pastilla und es trenc are nice.

kitesurfgrancanaria
Medium Poster
Gear: flysurfer

Postby kitesurfgrancanaria » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:21 pm

Es gibt auf Mallorca einige Spots, an denen man kiten kann, Bucht von Palma in Can Pastilla und Sa Rapita aber in sommer wie mussen immer relativ weit weg vom Ufer kitesurfen, man muss die Badegäste in Ruhe lassen.

Auch im Norden, Son Serra de Marina strand und Playa de Muro oder Bucht von Pollenca sind die wichtigsten spots.

Auf Mallorca kann man ganzjährig kiten, in den Sommermonaten gibt es bei guter Hochdruckwetterlage Thermik, zwischen 10 und 14 Knoten, das trifft gleichermaßen auf die Spots im Norden und im Süden zu.

Im Sommer, Thermik immer noch addiert werden kann, da sie ja nur nahe der Küste auftritt. In den restlichen Monaten muss die Webcams und Wetterstationen auf mallorcaviento.com beobachten.

The Asociation Aprende a Navegar, club without commercial interest, registered in the Register of Associations of the Balearic Government with number registration No. 311000007492 colaborates with www.mallorcakiteschool.com and www.kitesurfingmallorca.com which manages the School of Nautic Sports of Pollensa, situated in Pollensa Bay.

The club has been created for teaching and practicing kitesurfing, without any risk and only in the more suitable conditions, facilitating this practices in the open sea thanks to the school's boat for rescue and supervision during lessons.
Come and join us for a minimum small fee and enjoy your membership.

http://www.mallorcakiteschool.com
http://www.kitesurfingmallorca.com
http://www.asociacionaprendeanavegar.es
http://www.kitesurfinglessonsvietnam.com

If you want to learn or to practice even on the lightest breeze, come and have lessons with us.
At Pollensa Bay- MALLORCA -we enjoy the best learning conditions for our sport, kitesurfing. Our kite courses are open for all people, whatever age or nationality, join us in our club and become yourself a part of our kitesurf community.

For a small membership fee, 100 euros per one year subscription, we offer you the possibility to be scorted and assisted, also to use the club's boat when winds are offshore or for rescue if needed, we offer different courses for each level, whether you are an absolute begginer or you need to improve your skills.

We also include in this membership fee 3 hours of free tuition.
Our beach is free of sunbathers and it is very shallow, our club owns a boat for monitoring and rescues, which makes the perfect combination for chosing to practice or learn with us.

Asociacion Aprende a Navegar is registered on the Registro Balear de Asociaciones with number 311000007492 and CIF G57674528 and fulfills all the legal requisites to teach kite in Mallorca island. Come to Mallorca, enjoy our beautiful island and the good kitesurf conditions of North Mallorca, visite Puerto de Pollensa and kitesurf with us!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Im Pollensa Bucht - Mallorca genießen wir sichere Wetter- und Lernbedingungen für unseren Sport, Kitesurfen. Lernen Kiteboarding heute wurde möglich dank der Gemeinde gemacht.
Wir sind aber auch offen für Menschen allen Alterns und Herkunft: egal ob Sie Einwohner in der Gemeinde oder auf der Insel, regelmäßige Besucher oder nur Tourist sind, treten Sie dem Club bei und werden Sie ein Teil unserer Kitesurf-Gemeinschaft.

Wenn Ihr Kitesurfen lernen wollt, bieten wir verschiedene Kurse für untrerschiedliche Level an.
Wenn Dich unsere Kitekurse interessieren, melde Dich per Mail kwmallorca@gmail.com

Der kiteschule besitzt ein Boot und benutzt dieses als Unterstützung für die Waserschulung
Der Club Aprende a Navegar registriert in das Registro Balear de Asociaciones mit nummer 311000007492 und CIF-Nummer G57674582,und erfüllt alle gesetzlichen Voraussetzungen für kitesurfen auf Mallorca Insel
Besuchen Sie Pollensa Bay in Mallorca insel, kommen Sie zu uns!

Last edited by kitesurfgrancanaria on Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 13 times in total.

joffaburger
Rare Poster
Local Beach: When I'm back home - Gold Coast - Spit, Narrowneck, Nobbies, Currumbin, and Kirra
Favorite Beaches: Spit, Narrowneck, Nobbies, Currumbin, and KirraMerimbula, Philip Island, Flinders, Pt Leo, Pt Impossible, Pt Danger, Cactus, Margaret River, Falcon Bay, Woodmans Pt, Dutch Inn, Lancelin, Gero,
Style: surf
Gear: custom surf board KOMA expoxy NSP fish thruster 6 footer - Eclipse KIMA kites 12m 9m and soon a 6m!

Postby joffaburger » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:58 am

Thanks guys for the responses it looks like winds are pretty light their in the summer and unstable in the winter ie only frontal type systems that probably pass by quickly. I have a 16m lei that I might bring for July as I will there for a month to see how things go with work. Then if we decide to move to mallorca I looks like I will need a fly surfer 18m or similar to get any decent time on the water! I have some smaller kites 9m and 6m that I can use over winter so will look at something in between maybe a 12 or 13 as there is now a big gap between my 9 and 16m now! Would love to own a quiver of flysurfers but they a bit pricey for me since I can get 2 good lei's for the same price...

Cheers for info guys I will be staying SW part of the island so couldn't be further from the windy summer area! :cry:

KRIS
Medium Poster

Postby KRIS » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:10 pm

Hello
Wind in Mallorca is not so bad, be positive!. In fact, you can kitesurf very often, almost every day, in Winter all beaches are free and S, SW, W and N are blowing most of time. As I said before, in summer, beaches are very busy with tourists but Pollensa Bay is the place to go, no restrictions and plenty space on the water. A 16 mts should be enough, if I own a 21 mts is because with it I guarantee 100 percent of kite days, but if you are on the beach and profit the best moment of the termal wind, you will also ride 90 per cent of summer days. Send me a mail when you are here and I'll show you all you wish to know.
Greets
CRIS

transcanadatom
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Spray Lakes
Favorite Beaches: Keho, Spray Lakes in the Winter
Style: Cruiser
Gear: 2009 Eclipse Nano 7/9/11m, 2009 Thruster 14m, Crazyfly Cruiser

Postby transcanadatom » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:15 am

Coming to Mallorca on May 5 for 2 weeks. I would like to know your thoughts on winds for that time? Is that referred to as summer and I should expect thermal winds? I think it would be a great value to pay 100 euros for 2 weeks of support and rescue if needed. Staying in Pollenca so not far to go! Kited there once before in July and it was crowded. Will May be quitter?

Thanks! :lol:

spek
Rare Poster
Local Beach: porto pollo (italy)
Gear: north - fone

Postby spek » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:13 pm

transcanadatom wrote:Coming to Mallorca on May 5 for 2 weeks. I would like to know your thoughts on winds for that time? Is that referred to as summer and I should expect thermal winds? I think it would be a great value to pay 100 euros for 2 weeks of support and rescue if needed. Staying in Pollenca so not far to go! Kited there once before in July and it was crowded. Will May be quitter?

Thanks! :lol:

kitesurfgrancanaria
Medium Poster

Postby kitesurfgrancanaria » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:37 pm

kitesurfgrancanaria
Medium Poster

Postby kitesurfgrancanaria » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:53 am

Die häufigsten Kitesurfen Verletzungen

Wenn wir uns entscheiden, Sport zu üben, werden wir unseren Körper zu einer offensichtlichen körperlichen Belastung unterwerfen. Offensichtlich müssen wir vorsichtig sein und unsere Grenzen kennen. Wenn wir Kitesurfen üben, gehören dies zu den häufigsten Möglichkeiten, geschädigt zu werden.

Beim Kitesurfen werden die häufigsten Verletzungen durch den Verlust der Kontrolle des Drachens verursacht, weil wir arm oder fehlende Technik haben, weil Handhabung Fehler, weil die Verwendung von Ausrüstung in einem schlechten Zustand, und vor allem, wenn wir üben in starken Winden.

UNSERE KITE SPOT FÜR KITEKURSE AUF MALLORCA - POLLENSA BUCHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZnKt68 ... load_owner

Last edited by kitesurfgrancanaria on Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”