*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Boots - help please
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:29 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:41 pm
Posts: 325
Location: Poland
waynepjh wrote:
Erlend M B wrote:
LanBro wrote:
...I would like to try boots but don't truly like the idea of being stuck to the board if something goes wrong.


What exactly are you worried about?


I almost drown with boots on. but I love them. I got flipped on my back with kite out to leash and was getting pulled under by my board. I could not flip over on to my stomach. I was overpowered so that might have something to do with it. Even if you arent throwing down you will cause the boots give you power and confidence.


Always attach your leash to the front of your harness. If your leash is too short, get a longer one.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Boots - help please
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:04 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:25 am
Posts: 252
Thank you all for your replies. Can you recommend any Ronix or other good quality boots that have Velcro straps. Appreciate the info.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Boots - help please
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:17 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:13 pm
Posts: 936
LanBro wrote:
Thank you all for your replies. Can you recommend any Ronix or other good quality boots that have Velcro straps. Appreciate the info.


Ronix, Liquid Force, Slingshot, they all will work for what you want.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Boots - help please
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:53 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:45 pm
Posts: 1395
Location: The Gorge
LanBro wrote:
Thank you all for your replies. Can you recommend any Ronix or other good quality boots that have Velcro straps. Appreciate the info.


You might check out liquid force cradles, they generally run a bit cheaper than most boots and are awesome quality. its what i ride every session


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Boots - help please
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:55 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:39 pm
Posts: 152
I was looking through the internet for some boots and a question came up.
Are the wakeboarding binding the same boots as the ones for kiting or this are different.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Boots - help please
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:09 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:13 pm
Posts: 936
jats2k9 wrote:
I was looking through the internet for some boots and a question came up.
Are the wakeboarding binding the same boots as the ones for kiting or this are different.


The same, and most boards are 6" inserts so they should work with all boots.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Boots - help please
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:33 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:32 pm
Posts: 65
Location: Calshot, UK
If you dont mind the open toe, have a look at the slingshot verdict boots. Light, comfy & easy in/out. Flexible baseless system as well so they should be fine on kiteboards.

Dan


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Boots - help please
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:55 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:56 pm
Posts: 405
Location: ontario
i've been thinking about boots too actually. Been riding snowboards and wakeboards for a while so I'm used to bindings/boots but just haven't been able to commit on the kite side yet.

Any tips on technique? For example, we're gonna fall, and I think with boots in the water, you're going to get dragged around a bit until you can get yourself sorts, where with bindings, you pop out, use yours legs to correct body position, relaunch kite, get board and off you go. Am I overthinking this? is it intuitive or are there are few more things to think about? I'm not worried about getting in or our of them as my launch is good for that, but it's more about what to do after a crash.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Boots - help please
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:09 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:13 pm
Posts: 936
KiteCulture wrote:
i've been thinking about boots too actually. Been riding snowboards and wakeboards for a while so I'm used to bindings/boots but just haven't been able to commit on the kite side yet.

Any tips on technique? For example, we're gonna fall, and I think with boots in the water, you're going to get dragged around a bit until you can get yourself sorts, where with bindings, you pop out, use yours legs to correct body position, relaunch kite, get board and off you go. Am I overthinking this? is it intuitive or are there are few more things to think about? I'm not worried about getting in or our of them as my launch is good for that, but it's more about what to do after a crash.


From my experience you want your leash attached to the front of your harness. So you get dragged forward not backwards. In a crash just let go of the bar let the kite crash or stop pulling you until you sort things out. You won't know if it's right for you unless you try it.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Boots - help please
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:12 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:39 pm
Posts: 152
Good point you made KiteCulture. I also heard you are more likely to break your knees using boots when crashing. Is this a fact? What about when you crash and the kite pulls you in one direction while the board attached to your feet pulls against the kite? I guess your knees get stretched out badly.


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], ktouhey, noel and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group