All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: I need some help with prices and quality
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:03 pm 
Rare Poster

Does anyone can give opinion about the prices and quality of this equiment. I'm new on Kitesurf, and i need some help:

wing kitesurf FLEXIFOIL STORM 3 with 12 meters

Transport bag;
Wipika pump;
bar Wipika;
board Wipika;
Harness Bump & Jump.

Thank you

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: I need some help with prices and quality
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:38 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

value could known from age and condition of the gear, plus location...
Pictures might help also

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:49 pm 
Medium Poster

It's an ancient, high-aspect, c-kite which will frustrate you before it ends your life.

The rest of that package is ancient too, and doesn't begin to compare to newer equipment. But hey, at least it won't kill you.

The harness sounds like it was probably meant for windsurfing, so there's a chance it might rip apart before the kite kills you, so that way you'll only be maimed.

If you're looking to get into kitesurfing cheaply, this is *NOT* the way to do it. Spend the money instead on a decent trainer kite and start saving for lessons and modern gear (I like to buy last year's stuff new, but at a discount).

By the time you're saved enough for lessons, you'll be experienced enough with the trainer to make the most of the lesson. Also, if the instructor is local to your area, they will be able to recommend the appropriate gear and should have a lead on where or how to get a good deal if they don't have one themselves.

Sorry if this reply is harsh or mean, but the course of action you're pursuing is pure folly of the worst kind.

Best of luck!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:58 pm 
Rare Poster

Thank you all, I will talk with a instructor, take a course, and after that I will see what the best equipment.

thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:09 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Filipe wrote:
Thank you all, I will talk with a instructor, take a course, and after that I will see what the best equipment.

thanks

this is a good choice.

good luck and have fun. There are a lot of great kites out there....but do not get anything older than about 3 years.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:01 am 
Medium Poster

I guess the " not older than 3 years" is for all of you rich people. I learned on a Best nemesis HP 2008 (5 years old) and still ride it since is my only kite.
If you are on a low budget check out Switchkites.com best deal you'll find for brand new gear.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:45 am 
Very Frequent Poster

jbdc wrote:
It's an ancient, high-aspect, c-kite which will frustrate you before it ends your life.

The rest of that package is ancient too, and doesn't begin to compare to newer equipment. But hey, at least it won't kill you.

The harness sounds like it was probably meant for windsurfing, so there's a chance it might rip apart before the kite kills you, so that way you'll only be maimed.

:lol: :lol: :rollgrin: :lol: :lol:
Funniest post I've read in weeks.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:54 am 
Very Frequent Poster

jats2k9 wrote:
I guess the " not older than 3 years" is for all of you rich people. I learned on a Best nemesis HP 2008 (5 years old) and still ride it since is my only kite.
If you are on a low budget check out Switchkites.com best deal you'll find for brand new gear.

Well my point is really that a used kite older than 3 years should be almost free because the material have limited lifetime...obviously it depends on how much the kite has been used and all that. I've seen kites be very overpriced...in barely flyable condition..

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:38 pm 
Medium Poster

Filipe wrote:

thanks

You've made a good decision, thank *you* for being so reasonable. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:51 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

problem with buying a used kite when you are a noob is you have no idea what to look for, leading edge seams, wear on bridle, pulleys, is the safety one of those that jam up with sand, there a hundred things you have to know before you buy used gear, and being a noob it's the time when you are least prepared to do it.

agree with tautologies 3 year is a decent time to go for, you are likely to get a kite that will work for you

otherwise, get help if you want to buy used

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next