Medium Poster
Gear: Airush
Jimmy Lewis
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Core XR vs XR2

Postby rocktor » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:19 pm

How is relaunch and upwind abilities of the XR2? I am getting a good deal on XR with ESP bar. Is it worth getting the XR2 and sensor bar or grabbing a great deal on XR is a good idea? Anyone has flown them both? Thanks.

P.s. I am talking more for a 10/12 quiver

Breakinwind
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Core riots XR4 and Section 14 -

Re: Core XR vs XR2

Postby Breakinwind » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:08 pm

Hey Rocktor,

The Sensor bar is perfect. The esp was nice too, but I can't image a nicer bar coming out from anyone anytime soon. It is so clean,l light and easy to use!

The xr and xr2 are both nice kites, I guess it depends on the price difference. XR2 goes upwind without thinking. Relaunch, piece of cake, it's actually an auto relaunch. If you are hurting for cash and gpoing to end up divorced, if you spend too much, then get the cheaper deal. But if you want the best out of each session like most kiters, don't hesitate for the XR2. It's the smooth, fast, jumps high(!!) and super-lofty, upwind easily, huge wind range...
I have nothing to say bad about the XR2.

Another benefit is the speed inflate valve. You will inflate the XR2 in almost half the time of the XR.
Either way, I think you will be happy, but I say go for the XR2. or take them both if the deal is that cheap. You can leave one in the car or at your vacation house as a backup.

navarrekiteboarding
Rare Poster

Postby navarrekiteboarding » Wed May 01, 2013 3:39 am

I'm a Core Retailer, I made this little video with a 10m last summer kinda as a little "demo".
The XR2 is my Kite of Choice and we carry a few brands. If you get a new Sensor Bar make sure you throw the safety a few times in shallow water to wear it out a little, new ones tend to get stuck kinda like The Comp Stick.

https://vimeo.com/48571822
Hopefully it will give you an idea.

rocktor
Medium Poster
Jimmy Lewis

Postby rocktor » Wed May 01, 2013 4:03 am

Great. Just to get an idea, which kite/s in the market would you compare the XR2 to? Again, not the XR2LW but smaller sizes. Thanks guys.

navarrekiteboarding
Rare Poster

Postby navarrekiteboarding » Wed May 01, 2013 6:33 am

I would compare it to the Switchblade with lighter bar pressure IMO, I mainly like the XR2 in the smaller kites for the lightbar pressure / adjustment points.

The Kite you seen in the video is my personal 10m XR2 which I still have and love.

If your around Pensacola, FL your more than welcome to grab a demo and try it, we have 8,10,12,17,19 XR2 demos.

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Wed May 01, 2013 1:37 pm

I think you would be happy with either kite, and it depends on your own finances.
When I had the XR it was my favorite kite, and when I had the ESP bar it was my favorite bar (with a few minor mods).

The XR2 are a bit different but lovely. The XR2 has the awesome pump hose connector/the XR does not.

I used to love the ESP bar but I love the Sensor bar even more...so all around the new gear is a step forward. I have not done any mods to the Senspr bar because it is near perfection. The only minor complaint I have is with replacement of the centerline being a little more difficult. If you get the Sensor bar I advise waxing the shit out of the centerline to prolong life.

...but I kept my 11m XR (and one ESP bar as well) because I love that kite too much to sell it and know I would be more than happy to pull it out if my new 11m XR2 is grounded.

You might also want to look at the GTS2 kites, which are in every way on par with the XR2...but slightly different feel, but great performance if you like the modern C style. I want to get a small quiver of the GTS2 as well.

CORE... :thumb:

navarrekiteboarding
Rare Poster

Postby navarrekiteboarding » Thu May 02, 2013 4:37 am

Also we're about to have a store/site wide, 15% off all items on our new store website, Including 2013 Kites.

rocktor
Medium Poster
Jimmy Lewis

Postby rocktor » Thu May 02, 2013 4:42 am

Link to your Website?

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL

Postby pmaggie » Thu May 02, 2013 1:19 pm

Hi Roktor, I own two Core XR (7/11) and and XR2 LW 15. I also owned an XR 17, I sold it to buy the 15 because I like this size much more.
About the difference, maybe the old XR was a little bit more "grunty", the XR2 is smoother. Both kites are quite perfect anyway, the construction quality is high and the performances are really great. The direct pump system of the XR2 is also great, easy and fast, but when it comes to deflate and pack for traveling I sincerely prefer the classic two valves system.
If you can afford a new XR2, go for it but if you can find a deal you'll for sure love also an XR. An option would be buying and XR with the new Sensor bar that is IMO one of the best bar on the market, can't think at something wrong with this bar, it's perfect in every aspect. Also, you need one only for all the kite sizes (till the 19!!)

navarrekiteboarding
Rare Poster

Postby navarrekiteboarding » Fri May 03, 2013 5:05 pm

http://facebook.com/navarrekiteboarding
http://navarrekiteboarding.com

Give us a Call for the Best Prices on the XR2.

Return to “Kitesurfing”