Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Revolutionary Bar

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:12 pm

I have developed a bar system that is very easy to use, offers all the safety features you need, is hands free & offers easy spinning after a loop (or2). My bar just uses all the good points from all the sytems out there in an easy to use friendly package.

What's more is that it is not for sale - It's free. As anyone with a little knowledge can easily copy it I am giving out the explanation & pictures to anyone who wants it - just feed back any constructive critisism you may have.

If you want a PDF of my bar setup, mail me at huw.williams@nordiko.com & I will attach it to the reply.

Safety first!
Radman

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:21 pm

The bar suggested by Toby has a couple of issues in my opinion.
1. The front line must attach to the depower line in which case it may cause a problem when going through the hole in the bar.
2. Where is the total release system if you need to release the whole kite in a hurry. There is some clip pictured, but I can't see how it might work.
3. Why the bobbles on the ends of the bar - that makes no sense?

I hope my concerns are unfounded 'cos if you go to market with a "safety" product that is not "safe" - big trouble! That's why I am offering my idea as free - choose to use it if you wish.

Safety first!
Radman

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:24 pm

do you mean something like this?

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:00 pm

Mine is similar, but in the piccy above it looks like you will lose the whole lot if the main Wichard is released - no???
Toby - send a mail to the address & I will send you my version for you to look at.
You may think it's crap, but it works for me.
Cheers
Radman

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Aug 12, 2002 8:36 pm

1. The front line must attach to the depower line in which case it may cause a problem when going through the hole in the bar.
2. Where is the total release system if you need to release the whole kite in a hurry. There is some clip pictured, but I can't see how it might work.
3. Why the bobbles on the ends of the bar - that makes no sense?
1. the lines will pass through, but it can depend on the lines you are using. So before use you have to test it and if it may not run through, don't use it with these lines.

2. you can release the whole kite by pulling the trigger at the WCS setup, which is always in front of you.

3. the balls are for the depower adjustment of the kite. With these you have 3 positions for extra depower than your depower lines through the bar.
It replaces the classic depower adjuster.

Greetings
Toby

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:07 am

I see - it all becomes clearer now.
Cheers
Radman

andré
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby andré » Wed Aug 14, 2002 8:13 pm

i like those advertises!
i`m bored to search for something new about kiteboarders/kiteboarding in the net. I straight go to a forum hit the first link i see and could read something new. thats great.

thx for that
andré

kiteboardingcrazy
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kiteboardingcrazy » Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:34 pm

we have had this bar in the uk for the last 5 months it is designed by andy preston a good friend of mine it is called the S2 BAR

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 18, 2002 1:55 pm

The S2 bar is not selling so well. It looks like a good idea, but..................
1 - It uses an unsafe shackle (doesn't release under load) & 2 - The webbing twists & jams up the depower.
If these 2 issues have been solved then it could be a good product, but who wants to pay that much when for a lot less you can make your own bar a lot better than the S2?
IMHO
Radman

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:09 pm

Is there a fixed harness line for these bars, or are you always just attached to the depowering front lines?

Return to “Kitesurfing”