Forum for kitesurfers
adamharr
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

hit turtle with fins

Postby adamharr » Wed May 01, 2013 7:28 pm

i was boosting downwind and saw the turtle less than a second before the shell impact with my rear fin
the good thing is turtle was ok :thumb: after the impact i went out flying about 10 feet and my kite slammed down... but me rear fin has a big ding in the middle of it also damaged little bit my left front fin... second session in my brand new ristas any recommendatons? anybody experienced this?
cheers

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: hit turtle with fins

Postby davesails7 » Tue May 07, 2013 4:01 pm

That must have been quite a surprise for you and the turtle!

Around here I see a turtle about once a year, but last year one happened to pop its head up while I was blasting downwind on my raceboard. I missed him by about a foot.

Maybe we shouldn't talk about this though, or greenpeace will try to get raceboards banned for turtle safety reasons :D Save the turtles, ride a twintip

Don't know if you can buy a single fin from Rista as a replacement? Maybe if you send it back, they can put it back in the milling machine and smooth out the area around the dent?

Return to “Kitesurfing”