Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kook Proof Line Connection - are we there yet?

Forum for kitesurfers
fokiten
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kook Proof Line Connection - are we there yet?

Postby fokiten » Mon May 06, 2013 2:16 am

edt wrote:you realize you just recommended I get a kook proof car :-)

like rigging it's not about the features in the end but how you drive it...

skill comes cars come and go....

fo

FarQueLot
Medium Poster
Gear: Ozone,Slingshot,my own
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby FarQueLot » Mon May 06, 2013 2:34 am

The kook proof is pretty standard now and the method I use works quick and effective.

for pack down wind bar to last 2 m lock off, remove left front line and rear line and join together, remove right front and rear and join together (stops any front line hitches), then wind rest of line on bar then lock. This ensures lines are untangled to the first lock off and any twists or thread through is minimal.

When setting up after kite is pumped and sanded/boarded, I attach all lines to kite and unwind downwind (ensures no line trail/drag), then walk the lines with centres in between legs, steering lines in hands from bar upside down holding ahead of body making any twists easy to fall clear.
when I get to the kite, undo rear and untangle any ft rear twists (undo larks head and drop, pull steering line until clear and reattach and tighten)
this system seems to cause minimum untangling zero failure and gives plenty of safety check opportunities- inspect lines attachments beach and wind.
On beach if on a break, wind up lines to lock of point and lay bar on kite wing to minimise sand, when ready only have to grab the bar unwind and launch, bar may have twist, sort and launch.
Have the kook-proof lights with my Landcruiser best system ever- do have to readjust to other vehicles.

bnthere
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island and South Texas USA

Hood River and the Columbia River Gorge USA
Favorite Beaches: South Padre Island Texas: year round the best flatwater and fall - winter - spring fun wave riding as well.
Style: all styles of kite riding
Gear: Blade
Mystic
WindAlert
Brand Affiliation: Blade
Mystic
WindAlert
Seadoo
Headzone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby bnthere » Wed May 08, 2013 4:08 am

FarQueLot wrote:The kook proof is pretty standard now and the method I use works quick and effective.

for pack down wind bar to last 2 m lock off, remove left front line and rear line and join together, remove right front and rear and join together (stops any front line hitches), then wind rest of line on bar then lock. This ensures lines are untangled to the first lock off and any twists or thread through is minimal.

When setting up after kite is pumped and sanded/boarded, I attach all lines to kite and unwind downwind (ensures no line trail/drag), then walk the lines with centres in between legs, steering lines in hands from bar upside down holding ahead of body making any twists easy to fall clear.
when I get to the kite, undo rear and untangle any ft rear twists (undo larks head and drop, pull steering line until clear and reattach and tighten)
this system seems to cause minimum untangling zero failure and gives plenty of safety check opportunities- inspect lines attachments beach and wind.
On beach if on a break, wind up lines to lock of point and lay bar on kite wing to minimise sand, when ready only have to grab the bar unwind and launch, bar may have twist, sort and launch.
Have the kook-proof lights with my Landcruiser best system ever- do have to readjust to other vehicles.
i cant help it.

this also, must be a joke. (if not, im sorry bro) but seriously that is ridiculous. heres mine: unwrap your lines, sort them out, put the outside ones on the wingtips and the inside ones on the bridle. rig first, smoke second.

fun - est thread ever, so far.

fokiten
Frequent Poster

Postby fokiten » Wed May 08, 2013 4:19 am

i cant help it.

this also, must be a joke. (if not, im sorry bro) but seriously that is ridiculous. heres mine: unwrap your lines, sort them out, put the outside ones on the wingtips and the inside ones on the bridle. rig first, smoke second.

fun - est thread ever, so far.

--------------

personally, I find all you line jigglers a bit tedious to look at...

jiggle, jiggle, all up and down the line....

it's like? what's up with that shite?

to each his own
best
fokiten

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Wed May 08, 2013 8:31 am

If you cannot work out what lines to put on the kite, you shouldn't be kiting.

Return to “Kitesurfing”