Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Slingshot Rally or Naish Park?

Forum for kitesurfers
Eurus
Frequent Poster

Slingshot Rally or Naish Park?

Postby Eurus » Wed May 08, 2013 4:55 pm

I weigh 205 and have been working a 2 kite quiver for sometime now. A 2013 11M and 9M Ozone Edge. My 11M lets me kite in 11 kt wind on a 134 board and my 9M I can put up at 18 kts + so I am looking for an equivalent ability in the Rally or Park.

Looking for any feedback on the 2013 Slingshot Rally and 2013 Naish Park if anyone has it. I want to go to faster looping delta kites and move away from my high aspect ratio bows. I'm not interested in pure C kites.

What is the Rally like when it comes to boost and is there decent hang time? Also can anyone give me their wind range estimates they have experienced with their Rally or Park?

I live and kite mostly in Florida so our wind ranges are from 12 kts up to 35 kts.

Any feedback on both of these kites would be appreciated.

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A
Has thanked: 0

Re: Slingshot Rally or Naish Park?

Postby dyyylan » Wed May 08, 2013 6:44 pm

Ayahuasca wrote:I weigh 205 and have been working a 2 kite quiver for sometime now. A 2013 11M and 9M Ozone Edge. My 11M lets me kite in 11 kt wind on a 134 board and my 9M I can put up at 18 kts + so I am looking for an equivalent ability in the Rally or Park.

Looking for any feedback on the 2013 Slingshot Rally and 2013 Naish Park if anyone has it. I want to go to faster looping delta kites and move away from my high aspect ratio bows. I'm not interested in pure C kites.

What is the Rally like when it comes to boost and is there decent hang time? Also can anyone give me their wind range estimates they have experienced with their Rally or Park?

I live and kite mostly in Florida so our wind ranges are from 12 kts up to 35 kts.

Any feedback on both of these kites would be appreciated.
Not sure if you're talking about "faster looping delta kites" for wave riding purposes, or doing kiteloops. If you're looking at doing kiteloops, delta kites are probably the worst thing you could get. If you're not interested in a pure c kite, you might want to look at the bridled C-ish shapes, like the RPM instead of rally. I'm not familiar with how the Park loops, I've never seen a naish kite in person in FL. It has more square wingtips though, so I would imagine it would be a little less pivotal and have more power in the loop that you're looking for

lander
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby lander » Wed May 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Have flewn both the Rally and the Park. Both some on the best overall performance kite on the market!
2013 Rally has higher aspect than Park so goes upwind better and jumps higher.
The Rally have a vigh barpressure comparing with Park.
Both kites loops fast but the Park is better for this even none of them is a kite you do huge kite loops with.
The Rally has a bigger windrange due to a huge deepower ability. The Park has imho a better feeling and build quality. For waves I think the 2012 Rally was the best but still better than the Park in 2013. For freeride the Park would be my choice due to the feeling. If you want speed the Rally is faster.
So though decision between these two amazing kites

nherbold
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Ilha do Guajiru, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Ilha do Guajiru
Huntington Beach, California
Sherman Island, California
Crissy Fields, California,
Anegada, British Virgin Island
Style: Strapless & wakestyle/Freeride
Gear: Wainman (RIP)...

Postby nherbold » Wed May 08, 2013 7:22 pm

"If you're looking at doing kiteloops, delta kites are probably the worst thing you could get."
No way a Delta kite loops worse than a Bow kite. IMO a delta kite would be the perfect choice as it is more forgiving and will be more enjoyable especially for those people that are used to riding bow's before.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Wed May 08, 2013 9:07 pm

The park is a great. It has good pull in the loops, but not crazy. The new one has great low end. I am taking a stab and saying you'd be more happy on a 12 park than an 11 in the low end. The racekites are big and grunty...I'm thinking the 12 Park will still turn faster. It overlaps good with a 9.

In terms of hangtime, I am guessing the high AR will beat a lower AR...but in terms of initial pull the parks are great. They have still very very good hangtime.

I dunno too much about the ss kite, but I think the park fits the bill. Just note that the Park is not at all a delta kite.

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Thu May 09, 2013 1:23 am

Hi , welcome to the forum. I had a bit of time on the 2013 SS Rally 14,10 and 8. I am just under 200lbs. I posted this write up about the 14m.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2379884&p=788037&hi ... ly#p788037

The video was in very LW(around 10-13K) on a 2013 14m Rally and an Airush Sector V2 52.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY9Yu0gcYAs

The main go to kite for me is the 10m,so I would say at your weight a 14-10 would cover a large range. That would get you going in plus 10K and still be good till around 25k with the 10m. The 14m has 27m lines. A 12-9 combo is also a good choice. For me I ride, Freeride boards,Surfboards and TT's. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Eurus
Frequent Poster

Postby Eurus » Thu May 09, 2013 4:58 am

bigwave wrote:Hi , welcome to the forum. I had a bit of time on the 2013 SS Rally 14,10 and 8. I am just under 200lbs. I posted this write up about the 14m.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2379884&p=788037&hilit=Rally#p788037

The video was in very LW(around 10-13K) on a 2013 14m Rally and an Airush Sector V2 52.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY9Yu0gcYAs

The main go to kite for me is the 10m,so I would say at your weight a 14-10 would cover a large range. That would get you going in plus 10K and still be good till around 25k with the 10m. The 14m has 27m lines. A 12-9 combo is also a good choice. For me I ride, Freeride boards,Surfboards and TT's. Let me know if you need anymore info.
Good feedback. Thanks.

Eurus
Frequent Poster

Postby Eurus » Thu May 09, 2013 5:07 am

lander wrote:Have flewn both the Rally and the Park. Both some on the best overall performance kite on the market!
2013 Rally has higher aspect than Park so goes upwind better and jumps higher.
The Rally have a vigh barpressure comparing with Park.
Both kites loops fast but the Park is better for this even none of them is a kite you do huge kite loops with.
The Rally has a bigger windrange due to a huge deepower ability. The Park has imho a better feeling and build quality. For waves I think the 2012 Rally was the best but still better than the Park in 2013. For freeride the Park would be my choice due to the feeling. If you want speed the Rally is faster.
So though decision between these two amazing kites
Great feedback. The fact you are saying the Rally boosts higher is a plus. Thanks.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Thu May 09, 2013 9:39 am

Most kites have the potential to jump about the same height..how they get to that height and how the hangtime is will differ a lot.

We've had looong discussions on this :thumb: :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”