KTE 2013 Latest News

Postby Toby » Thu May 09, 2013 11:10 am

KTE News:

KTE 2013 Latest News

- First Rider are registered
- British Champion will compete at the MINI KTE
- MINI presents the Kitesurf Tour Europe again this year

First Rider are registered

Only 28 more days until the first MINI KTE Event in France/Almanarre. Here you will find the first registered Rider for that Event.

Koen Schepers
Ranno Rumm
Ivan Doronin
Florian Julius
Viktoras Seputa
Mindaugas Jonikas
Maks Zakowski
Margus Otsa
James Johnsen
Dimitri Lemoine
Adrian Geislinger
Jose Miguel Corniel
Pierre Romain
Axel Mazella
Sander Bos
Tijn van Esch
Bram Bast
Luke Whiteside
Nicolas Etienne
Louk Timmer
Felix Maks
Mario Rodwald
Valentin Garat
Denis Taradin
Dementiy Taradin
Stefano Martinelli
Nicolas Delmas
Linus Erdmann
Dylan van der Meij
Konstantin Tuludis
Jerrie van de Kop
Daniel Sweeney
George Dufty
Steven Akkersdijk
Aymeric Martin

Sebastian Wagner
Annie van Esch
Annelous Lammerts
Meike Erichsen
Mariska Wildenberg
Nina Schumacher
Julia Castro Christiansen
Sabrina Lutz
Kristiin Oja
Hannah Whiteley
Nanette van der Snoek
Ariane Imbert
Jade OConnor
Tatiana Sysoeva
Katja Roose

British Champion will compete at the MINI KTE
image.jpg
image.jpg (12.38 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
British Champion 2012 in Freestyle, Dan Sweeney, will participate in all MINI Kitesurf Tour Europe Events 2013. For this he will get the 3rd Wildcard from the KTE.

Check out his statement:

"My name is Dan Sweeney, 19 years old and from Goring, on the South Coast of England. I been in watersports for the past 5 years, mainly hooked on Kiteboarding & hoping to prove myself further for 2013! It's a life changing sport which I'm dedicated to and I'm looking forward to representing England this year.
The Highlights in my Kiting career would be winning the British Pro Championships last year, the British Junior Championships in 2009 and the Cabrinha Youth Empire where I scored my first Sponsor at the end of 2008.
I've been a little set back for the past 8 months with a knee injury (to story of most kiters nower days!) but I recently had corrective surgery in February so I'm now getting stuck into rehab and starting fresh on the water.
I'm feeling focused and I'm looking forward to ride against Europe's best at the MINI KTE Tour! I'm honoured to receive a WildCard into the Event."

MINI presents the Kitesurf Tour Europe again this year

Munich. 2013 sees MINI partnering the Kitesurf Tour Europe once again and picking up from last year’s shared success. MINI began backing one of Europe’s fastest-growing trend sports in 2012, the world’s first car maker to do so.

The MINI Kitesurf Tour Europe 2013 is the official European kitesurfing championship and a showcase for the most outstanding kitesurfers in the Freestyle and Racing disciplines. The competition comprises four stages, the first of which will be held from 30 May to 2 June 2013 in Almanarre Bay, one of France’s most popular windsurfing and kitesurfing spots.“Individualism, sportiness and power are qualities shared by MINI and kitesurfers alike,” says Dr Kay Segler, Senior Vice President MINI Business Coordination and Brand Management, of the partnership. “Our sponsorship of the Kitesurf Tour Europe ideally complements our passionate commitment to young, creative sporting disciplines.”

Top speeds and heady heights on the North Sea and Mediterranean.

Four European surf spots provide the venues for the MINI Kitesurf Tour Europe 2013. Kick-off is from 30 May to 2 June 2013 in the Bay of Almanarre on the French peninsula of Giens, before Europe’s top kitesurfers measure up against each other on the German North Sea island of Sylt from 3 to 7 July 2013. The third stage (19-22 September) will be held on the beach at Hoek van Holland – Rotterdam’s city beach – where the extreme athletes will once again pit their waterborne skills. The final event takes place in the Spanish coastal resort of Castelldefels, southwest of Barcelona, from 9 to 13 October 2013.Thanks to its Europe-wide venues and international contestants, the MINI Kitesurf Tour Europe 2013 enjoys worldwide renown. Participants from more than 20 countries will join the tournament to compete for top placings and total prize money worth 40,000 euros.MINI will be setting up surfer lounges at all the competition venues and presenting the latest models from the MINI family, which will also be available for test drives.

For those interested in a dry kitesurfing run on terra firma, experts will be on hand in the MINI Kite Experience area to give them a first taste of this exhilarating trend sport.

Find out more about the MINI Kitesurf Tour Europe 2013 at:
www.kitesurftour.eu

Return to “Kitesurfing”