forum for kitesurfers
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 234
- Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:40 pm
- Kiting since: 2004
- Local Beach: Belmont Shore, Long Beach CA
Huntington Beach, CA
Sunset Beach, CA
- Favorite Beaches: Zichron + Kinneret, Israel
- Style: Free Style
- Gear: Board: Underground
Kite: Naish Torch, Fone Tribal, Blade Trigger
- Brand Affiliation: None
- Location: Irvine CA, USA and traveling
The D-power trim line / chicken loop line on my 2009 Naish Cult is about to tear and I want to replace it.
Does anyone here know if I should be using 3/16" or 1/4" Spectra line?
Its so close that I cant tell.
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 158
- Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:13 pm
- Kiting since: 1999
- Local Beach: Dolphin beach, Big Bay,
Golfinho hotel, Cumbuco.
- Favorite Beaches: Dolphin beach.
Cumbuco, upwind of Golfinho hotel.
Taiba to Paracaru downwinder.
Rede beach at low tide.
- Style: Freeride
- Gear: Naish Parks and Pivots - Monarch TT
- Brand Affiliation: Owner Suntrax - Importer Naish Kitesuf South Africa.
- Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Much easier to get one from your local Naish store
But if you decide to attempt making one up yourself please make sure you insert a 2mm piece of hard dyneema line, like bridal line, in the core of the Spectra line, otherwise it will flatten too much and slip in the cleat. edit: is actualy 30cm long , from webbing.
You will note that the original line has this in the cleat area
Last edited by briansuntrax
on Wed May 15, 2013 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:29 pm
Return to “Kitesurfing”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Carlos_C, Google [Bot] and 30 guests