Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Foot straps for directional

Forum for kitesurfers
SpaceRacer
Frequent Poster

Foot straps for directional

Postby SpaceRacer » Sun May 12, 2013 4:55 pm

I ride a strapped 5'6" SS Pit, which I boost. By the end of my session, my NSI ratchet foot straps are loose and maxed out (can't make them any tighter, which would be what I would want). I don't believe the foot straps are sliding in the track or that would make them tighter, not looser. I think it is the straps so I am looking for some better straps that might be comfy, snug and stay put. Any recommendations?

BigR
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Foot straps for directional

Postby BigR » Sun May 12, 2013 6:33 pm

not very familiar with the SS boards, but that sounds a little wild. Are the Footstrap
plugs really on a track rather than a fixed position?
I have quite a few NSI ratchet footstraps on my boards.
My recommendation, If you don't want them to ever change settings.... Get the fixed
footstraps instead......

windyway
Frequent Poster
Gear: .......
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby windyway » Mon May 13, 2013 3:49 pm

I have been riding NSI Proton straps for years.
Great shape makes it very comfortable for all day on the water.

In my experience of making foot straps tighter for kids, I found two choices.

1. Use the wider screw holes, which will flatten and tighten the strap.

2. Glue an additional piece of deck pad for your foot to rest on. Like a shoe insole.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon May 13, 2013 6:54 pm

What strap works for you ? - impossible to say, as some like the stiff tight narrow windsurf straps (like me, Dakine Classic are awesome), other hate these and like soft wide straps.

But you should just get some "velcro" straps, any kind will do - then you are sure they will not move and get bigger if thats your problem.
Because it seems that a few of the "super easy adjustable" straps tend to slide bigger, some of them :(

If the problem "only" is the adjustment range not sufficiently small, you could try using, or if not present, making an "inner" set of holes in the straps, maybe only in one end.

But getting new straps, classic velcro style, will usually solve this issue 100% as they can most often get really small, and will never change size during use :thumb:

:D Peter

Return to “Kitesurfing”