Forum for kitesurfers
The Captain
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Softest Foot Pads ???

Postby The Captain » Thu May 16, 2013 12:22 am

Liquid Force Grom (2010), if you can find a pair and don't have big feet. Squishy, because they are for kids!

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards

Postby jespin4845 » Thu May 16, 2013 1:49 am

i dont know about the new shinn pads, but the old shinn pads are plush

i have Plantar Fasciitis on my foot, have to buy new shoes every couple of months, when it was really really bad the shinn pads let me ride with no pain, but once i started walking on the beach it was like getting stabbed in the heel with a dundee knife

softest pads i ever had

Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River
Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kite2Heaven » Thu May 16, 2013 2:01 am

Auahuasca - while the fone pads are soft on outside edges, you can push your finger through the heel point to the board WTF stupid design there and took mine off the day i got the board !!!
Coming down from megaloops hard I tried most pads about to find expensive hype and bullshit pads that let your feet slip - rather than suck in and lock AND take huge impact forces - without just being a block of rubber, my board barely comes off my foot now except the biggest wipeouts.
Check out ebay/kiteboarding and there the black and white footpads n straps. I dont rate the straps, but for 51$ + postage worldwide who cares... Buy Dakine Warlock straps - brilliant combo...
Hank is the seller and youll get top service from that bloke and 5-7 days delivery.
My friends have change to them - now that their million dollar pads feel like bricks when landing or bouncing through choppy crap.. and your also right, not to blame the board ;)

wrogu
Frequent Poster

Postby wrogu » Thu May 16, 2013 8:12 am

The softest ones I have ever seen were SP. Bloody soft, I you like very soft pads you will love them. If you do not (like me) you ..... won't like them (pa ram pam pam... cptn. obvious).

http://www.spboarding.com/

But for me - the top straps look predy good. I can't remember what straps I tried - but I do remeber the pads were bloody soft.

Eurus
Frequent Poster

Postby Eurus » Thu May 16, 2013 3:40 pm

wrogu wrote:The softest ones I have ever seen were SP. Bloody soft, I you like very soft pads you will love them. If you do not (like me) you ..... won't like them (pa ram pam pam... cptn. obvious).

http://www.spboarding.com/

But for me - the top straps look predy good. I can't remember what straps I tried - but I do remeber the pads were bloody soft.
Interesting. It looks like SP is an OEM for a large number of kite companies all over the world. They have memory foam foot pads which are definitely going to be the softest material. Thanks for the referral. Never knew these guys existed.

letsgoflyakite
Medium Poster
Local Beach: none
Style: freeride
Gear: Slingshot Shinn

Postby letsgoflyakite » Thu May 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Just tried some of the new Shinn pads against my soft Dakine. Supersoft heel pads, amazing if thats what you need. Look like the sp ones? BTW my Dakine gave a more positve feel, but an ankle injury has led me to soft pads by necessity. Along with a flexi Shinn Dundee, I am now back on the water, like a magic carpet by comparison.

Return to “Kitesurfing”