Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Statement from Aaron Hadlow about Leucate world cup

Postby Toby » Thu May 16, 2013 9:42 am

Just discovered this article from Aaron...sounds interesting, so I wanted to share with you guys:

3rd PKRA Leucate

I just got home from the PKRA World Tour in France after many hours of driving, I certainly need some recovery time after this one, I feel battered and bruised! I had an incredible event considering I have been out the game for 3.5 years and only been back on a board for about 4 months since my knee gave way at the beginning of Feb 2012. It was a very last minute decision for me to even enter the event, 1 hr before the end of inscription I still didn't know but at the end of the day I wanted to test myself to see if I could get that spark back. The decision was for me, whether it resulted positively or negatively. It was also difficult as I wouldn't say I was prepared for the event, each day I would rig up my only bar and my smallest kite (7m Hadlow Pro) whilst most had additional 5's or 6's. On the morning of the trails I wondered if I had made a good decision, sand was blowing up to my eye brows and I couldn’t even walk my board to the event site. I also wanted to test my body and fitness and that I did! the event really did take its toll on me, especially towards the end. I could tell I wasn't match fit, I was fatigued physically and a little slow on my decision making in the final, that may have cost me a position or 2. By the end of the single elimination my body was tired, my knee felt weak and I had badly bruised my ribs. In the double elimination there was an error with the flag system (usually the green flag goes down 1 minute before the heat ends, in mine it was down for 15 second) so I was unable to attempt my last couple of tricks that I knew I needed get through the heat. I challenged the decision, a rerun was announced, then many of the riders complained which resulted with the original heat standing. All competitions have their ups and downs but in general I can’t complain, if i'm honest I wondered if I would make it through the trials, so a podium is a good result!! I know that I need some more hours on the water but still, it’s a really nice piece of motivation. I'm very happy to see the PKRA moving forward, I’m impressed and think the new judging system is awesome, to connect the world with the live streaming and scoring has made a major impact, just maybe next on the list is an automated flag system hahaha ;)
Attachments
Aaron Leucate.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”