Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish Draft 2013 to replace a 2011 bolt : your advice pls !

forum for kitesurfers


flysurfing
Frequent Poster
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2001 1:00 am
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Depends the mood
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: FR and CN

Naish Draft 2013 to replace a 2011 bolt : your advice pls !

Postby flysurfing » Tue May 14, 2013 3:26 pm

Hello All,

I have a Bolt 2011 12M and would like to renew my quiver.

I want a kite with a strong lifting power and the draft seems to be the perfect kite.

What would you advice me to do ?

Sell my 12 Bolt and buy a 9 and 14 Draft ?

With my 12 Bolt i could go up to 25 knots, but even though hangtime was really poor...

So i am thinking now a 9 / 14 could be a good quiver if the 9 allow me to go up to 30knots and +

What is your opinion about my choice ?

Thanks for your reply.

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 9322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Contact:

Re: Naish Draft 2013 to replace a 2011 bolt : your advice pl

Postby tautologies » Tue May 14, 2013 7:28 pm

Sounds like an awesome choice to me.

What is the normal wind at your spot?

flysurfing
Frequent Poster
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2001 1:00 am
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Depends the mood
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: FR and CN

Re: Naish Draft 2013 to replace a 2011 bolt : your advice pl

Postby flysurfing » Thu May 16, 2013 4:50 am

Hello the wind in my spots can be from 12/13 knots to 40...

I am wondering for the small size wouldnt it be better to replace it with a Torch ?

Thx

lander
Frequent Poster
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:35 am

Re: Naish Draft 2013 to replace a 2011 bolt : your advice pl

Postby lander » Thu May 16, 2013 6:52 am

I have the Draft in 9-12-14 and for big floating jumps and racing it is wonderfull. 30+ knots with the 9 will be possible but you will be powered to the max. It handels a lot of wind but 30+ knots is also strong.
I was out yesterday in 22 knots with the 12 and I had great fun with big strong lifting power. Took some video I can paste later.
For what you describe I will defenately take the Draft over the Torch which is better for freestyle.

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 9322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Contact:

Re: Naish Draft 2013 to replace a 2011 bolt : your advice pl

Postby tautologies » Thu May 16, 2013 8:54 am

Aggghh lander. I have a question on the Draft. I've ridden the 9, and loved it. What is the best choices? Right now I am thinking 17 + 12. It is a bit lighter here, but the 9 was sooo sweet.

How does the 14 compare to the 12? The lower number of struts makes sense to me, but I would love to have the 12 for the 20 knot days jumping in addition to the racing.

I am torn. I don't think I will be able to demo too much before buying.

onein5
Medium Poster
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:06 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Vazon, L'Ancresse/Pembroke
Style: Sketchy!
Gear: Naish Cults 9m 12m, North Rebel 16m, RRD placebo 142 x 45
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Guernsey Channel Islands GB
Contact:

Re: Naish Draft 2013 to replace a 2011 bolt : your advice pl

Postby onein5 » Thu May 16, 2013 10:59 am

I have the 14 as of yesterday - hoping to get out on Friday and will update!!!!

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 9322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Contact:

Re: Naish Draft 2013 to replace a 2011 bolt : your advice pl

Postby tautologies » Thu May 16, 2013 11:10 am

onein5 wrote:I have the 14 as of yesterday - hoping to get out on Friday and will update!!!!


ooooooo. Godddamnit Everyone gets it before me. Shit. Well I mean good on you, but goddamnit.

onein5
Medium Poster
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:06 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Vazon, L'Ancresse/Pembroke
Style: Sketchy!
Gear: Naish Cults 9m 12m, North Rebel 16m, RRD placebo 142 x 45
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Guernsey Channel Islands GB
Contact:

Re: Naish Draft 2013 to replace a 2011 bolt : your advice pl

Postby onein5 » Thu May 16, 2013 12:03 pm

It's Orange... mmmmm

lander
Frequent Poster
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:35 am

Re: Naish Draft 2013 to replace a 2011 bolt : your advice pl

Postby lander » Thu May 16, 2013 12:06 pm

tautologies wrote:Aggghh lander. I have a question on the Draft. I've ridden the 9, and loved it. What is the best choices? Right now I am thinking 17 + 12. It is a bit lighter here, but the 9 was sooo sweet.

How does the 14 compare to the 12? The lower number of struts makes sense to me, but I would love to have the 12 for the 20 knot days jumping in addition to the racing.

I am torn. I don't think I will be able to demo too much before buying.


Yes, finding the right kites can make you sleepless ;) If you loved the 9 - you will also love the rest of the line. They have succeded in getting the same feeling into the kite (even that the bigger sizes only have 3 struts). Of course the 9 is faster, but the feeling is quite the same. I have not tried the 17 though...(hope it will soon be available where I live).
To be honest the 12 and 14 is a bit close to each other as the kite have a great windrange. So they could easely have made a 3m2 step between the sizes. Also a IKA stamp would suit a racekite like this.
If you "only" want a two kite quiver then 17-12 would also be the setup I would go for, as you here get the biggest area of wind to play in, and can go in conditions from super light wind to boosting high airs. The other day I infact started on my Peter Lynn 17 (this I will change to the Draft when possible) and when the wind picked up I used the Draft 12. But the size I love the most is the 14. Sorry I know this does not help you haha but that kite really fit the conditions that I kite in most of the time.
A year ago the only kite I used was my Slingshot Rally 6 and 8 (and still do in the waves), but after 13 years of kiting my eyes have opened for a whole new world and here the Naish Draft is amazing. I have so much more days on the water and therefore double the fun. The best kite I have tried for racing and jumping :D

flysurfing
Frequent Poster
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2001 1:00 am
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Depends the mood
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: FR and CN

Re: Naish Draft 2013 to replace a 2011 bolt : your advice pl

Postby flysurfing » Thu May 16, 2013 12:58 pm

lander wrote:
tautologies wrote:Aggghh lander. I have a question on the Draft. I've ridden the 9, and loved it. What is the best choices? Right now I am thinking 17 + 12. It is a bit lighter here, but the 9 was sooo sweet.

How does the 14 compare to the 12? The lower number of struts makes sense to me, but I would love to have the 12 for the 20 knot days jumping in addition to the racing.

I am torn. I don't think I will be able to demo too much before buying.


Yes, finding the right kites can make you sleepless ;) If you loved the 9 - you will also love the rest of the line. They have succeded in getting the same feeling into the kite (even that the bigger sizes only have 3 struts). Of course the 9 is faster, but the feeling is quite the same. I have not tried the 17 though...(hope it will soon be available where I live).
To be honest the 12 and 14 is a bit close to each other as the kite have a great windrange. So they could easely have made a 3m2 step between the sizes. Also a IKA stamp would suit a racekite like this.
If you "only" want a two kite quiver then 17-12 would also be the setup I would go for, as you here get the biggest area of wind to play in, and can go in conditions from super light wind to boosting high airs. The other day I infact started on my Peter Lynn 17 (this I will change to the Draft when possible) and when the wind picked up I used the Draft 12. But the size I love the most is the 14. Sorry I know this does not help you haha but that kite really fit the conditions that I kite in most of the time.
A year ago the only kite I used was my Slingshot Rally 6 and 8 (and still do in the waves), but after 13 years of kiting my eyes have opened for a whole new world and here the Naish Draft is amazing. I have so much more days on the water and therefore double the fun. The best kite I have tried for racing and jumping :D


Hi Lander,

I am thinking to go for 12 to 18/20 knots with the 14 and then go for the 9 from there.

From which wind range do you start to have fun with the 9 ?

An other quiver i could go for is a 9 / 12

An other option is i keep my 12 bolt and get a 14 + 9 draft.

What do you think is the best quiver ?


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: foilholio, Google [Bot], ITN, MSNbot Media and 26 guests