stridgey10
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Ainsdale
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Liquid Force Envy 2013

Postby stridgey10 » Wed May 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Hey guys, looking to upgrade my quiver of 2010 Envy's and was wondering does the 2013 boost/jump better than the 2010 as this was the only kind of negative that I found with the kites. I may even be swayed towards the NRG as hearing good things about the new one? Any advice or experience please share..........thanks!

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Re: Liquid Force Envy 2013

Postby dyyylan » Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm

Yes, it is MUCH better, I was very surprised when I got my 2013s because the 2011s jumped like crap and the 2012s only felt a little better. With the 2013s I can jump as high (or almost as high) as the switchblades I rode and almost as high as c kites. The glide is also very good.

If all you really want to do is jump, though, yeah the NRG is better. Since the envy isn't strictly a jumping kite it does take technique to get the most height out of it, kind of like a c kite you can whip it behind your head a bit, then back across to get maximum lift. With an NRG it's brainless, just send it hard over your head and sheet in and you'll go up the elevator and glide FOREVER.

Envy also does jump a little differently than other kites too, since it sits deep in the window, when you send it it will stay deep-ish in the window, then shoot forward and give you lift. It feels kind of weird until you get used to it, but I find sending it this way gives better height rather than getting it close to the edge of the window and sending it from there

stridgey10
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Ainsdale

Postby stridgey10 » Thu May 16, 2013 4:46 pm

Cheers Dude, just what i wanted to hear........

Any other experiences with the 2013 Envy or NRG??????

navarrekiteboarding
Rare Poster

Postby navarrekiteboarding » Fri May 17, 2013 7:51 am

We took some of the Envys down to Cometa Copal - Costa Rica and after we got done riding some of the guys on the beach said to use "What kinda kite are you using?" We said "2013 Envy's" They said "Holy Sh*t! you we're jumping that high on an envy" lol they later ordered from us.

The 2013 Envys are pretty awesome, we use them in our school, I ride the 10.5 as my all around personal kite and the thing is a power house Super Fast and The Boost are great, but that being said when it comes to boost I prefer the HIFI X. I'm very pleased with the Envy.

We actually have some Opened unused "Pumped up for a Demo but never flown" Kites are 15,12,8 in the shop that I can sale you @ a fairly decent price.

Also a little birdy told me that the 2014's have a redesigned bridle and is even better.

sales@kitefl.com if you wanna check them out.

Return to “Kitesurfing”