All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Trim Kite 7.5 kahoona v3 for megaloop
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:49 am 
Rare Poster

hello all, just some advice. i made kiteloops im my 9m waroo 2009 without problems...kite looped quick and i had confidence. not len10 ML but high KL.
since i have a kahoona 7.5 v3 something is wrong. kite turns slow with drag, and looks like does not want to complete the loop.
i am not so noob, so i now i have equal 21m lines, i also insert more rear line knots in order to make it quicker BUT i still can't proper kiteloop as i did in the past! is it ME or it is the fu :angryfire: kahoona that is really slow! :angryfire:
any tips? thanks

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Trim Kite 7.5 kahoona v3 for megaloop
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:18 am 
Frequent Poster

Heya Freddie - since you added more knots to turn faster... I presume youve checked how much back stall there is - standing on the beach with kite at 12 ??
If it stalls, slowly push bar out till it flys furthest forward over your head, memorise that position... Just before stall point in loop push the bar to this position +/- and it should go up better..

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:32 am 
Rare Poster

yes...i tried that...kite does not backstall...and i already tested looping on different points of the depower...same thing! damn..maybe the kite just loops bad...i just find it strange because it is a 7.5...even a slow kite on a small size loops fast i guess!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:53 am 
Medium Poster

Sorry man, i dont tested kahoona, but a delta kite is not the best kite for megaloops in my opinion, a C kite turns faster and with more power, take a razor, a torch, a hadlow pro, a combat, a vegas, a fuel, or a hifi, and u will see how easier is to do megaloops ;)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:00 am 
Rare Poster

joandani wrote:
Sorry man, i dont tested kahoona, but a delta kite is not the best kite for megaloops in my opinion, a C kite turns faster and with more power, take a razor, a torch, a hadlow pro, a combat, a vegas, a fuel, or a hifi, and u will see how easier is to do megaloops ;)

yeah man...i know that...! i was looking for some hints on setup or someone with kahoona v3 looping experience

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:51 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I've got the same kite. Great kite in other aspects, but not for megaloops.

When you loop it, it has a really jerky sudden pull then drops you! Tried some buddies' torch and airush razor and loops are great, nice smooth constant pull through the loops, I can do them all day on the c kites. I don't even try on my kahoona anymore, just going to get hurt when it drops you

No tuning will change this.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:49 am 
Frequent Poster

Give me a break...The Kahoona loops fine! :) My first choice for looping in nuking conditions. Just need to get used to it. Catches you nice after the loop, just work on the timing, and pull aggressivly untill you know the feel of the kite and can work on gettin the kite lower. Mabe try the A setting and the 50-52 bar (not the 45-47) if you find it hard...
(@davesails7: maybe you should try looping it on the way up, before reaching the decent....) ;)
I prefer it on the 50/52 bar on B setting, slower makes it easier to get it lower ;) Just pull it hard enought up again. The nice thing looping on the Kahoona is that it has got a nice lift, but will not crack your ribs in the loop, and still catches you nicely.
Btw just for the record I mainly fly the GP (7,9,11,13) and occationally the TS, but for those stormy days I´ll never trust anything like the kahoona. Have used the 5,5 up in 62 knots (not kidding), so the most reliable and kind enought kite in craziest conditions I think.

Here´s some pic of the Kahoona V3 from some of my friends:

Attachments:
kloop3.jpg
kloop3.jpg [ 83.08 KIB | Viewed 806 times ]
kloop2.jpg
kloop2.jpg [ 69.05 KIB | Viewed 806 times ]
kloop.jpg
kloop.jpg [ 1.39 MIB | Viewed 806 times ]
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:45 am 
Frequent Poster

Hey john very nice pics.
Freddie - are you looping 3/4 the way up or at the apex ??
That is the game changer...

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:49 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

FreddieM wrote:
yes...i tried that...kite does not backstall...and i already tested looping on different points of the depower...same thing! damn..maybe the kite just loops bad...i just find it strange because it is a 7.5...even a slow kite on a small size loops fast i guess!

Its a wrong kite but this doesnt mean that you cant megaloop it?If you go very aggresive,overpowered and with your ID between your teeth :lol: :lol: :lol: (just in case) you will do it .... but the smallest mistake or withdraw will be tolerated :cry: :(

Last edited by nikalaitzian on Sun May 19, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:55 pm 
Rare Poster

Kite2Heaven wrote:
Hey john very nice pics.
Freddie - are you looping 3/4 the way up or at the apex ??
That is the game changer...

yeah man...with 50cm bar and at the apex...maybe that is the point!! you suggest at 3/4?? my feeling is that even when downlooping on a simple surface transition to toeside the KITE comes out slow and with drag...what the hell is wrong?! :angryfire:

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next