Favorite Beaches: surfersparadise
Style: all
Gear: cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: continuing to expose IKO as a fraud

Postby kiwimike » Sat May 18, 2013 8:01 pm

so they sent me an examiner who wanted to get me banned from running instructor training courses so he could run them at his mates school. he told a bunch of lies to iko. instead of contacting me iko just cancelled all my instructor training courses. i dont give a toss about the examiner, he got fired when the truth came out. i feel sorry for his wife and baby. i wanted him to run 4 training courses at my school every year but i guess he had bigger plans. how do you know he used out dated course material?
i dont want to get back at the examiner. i just want my years of annual iko fees returned. this wont stop till i get my money back or untill IKO is in the grave. quite frankly either is good for me. they want to rip me off then threaten to sue me, i say bring it on.
Timop wrote:Exactly how did iko rip you off? In a previous post you mentioned they send a bad examiner
Is that it? Did they supply incorrect course material or outdated training techniques
Surely you can't go to all this trouble just to get back at a bad examiner.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed May 22, 2013 7:57 pm

guys, IKO contacted me and ask to delete the information which is not meant to be public.

We should respect that.

And I suggested to IKO, instead of paying lawyers to stop this, they rather should pay a part of the money back and all will be good.

I hope for both parties this will work out. Just make sure to make a step toward each other and keep doing what we all love the most: go kiting :thumb:

Good luck for all!

kiwimike
Medium Poster
Local Beach: pattaya

Postby kiwimike » Thu May 23, 2013 5:38 am

i would just be happy to get my years of fees returened. i dont care about my long distance phone bills, wasted time and lost sleep. if iko wants to waste their money on lawyers then that is up to them. they can throw their money away the same way i threw mine away paying them fees for nothing.
i honesly do not understand how you people at iko think. i pay you my fees and then you screw me over resulting in almost all the schools in thailand quitting iko. you hardly have any schools left anywhere. ok so you want to run iko as a business, thats fair enough but at least do it in a sustainable way. what happens when all the schools quit?
i just want my fees back. i am not going to stop untill i get them. i dont make enough money to waste money on paying an organisation that wont even return my phone calls or answer my emails.
toby if i have put anything confidential in these posts then please delete it. actually i would like to take this opportunity to thank kite forum. the only way for me to get any response from iko is posting on this forum. kite forum helps give us little guys a voice.
i have plenty more stuff to post, better we make a deal than keep airing dirty laundry. i am waiting iko, but then i have been waiting a long time already. next post will be monday 27.
Toby wrote:guys, IKO contacted me and ask to delete the information which is not meant to be public.

We should respect that.

And I suggested to IKO, instead of paying lawyers to stop this, they rather should pay a part of the money back and all will be good.

I hope for both parties this will work out. Just make sure to make a step toward each other and keep doing what we all love the most: go kiting :thumb:

Good luck for all!

JaanTatikas
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Pirita, Vääna, Nõva

Postby JaanTatikas » Thu May 23, 2013 6:41 am

I am not for or against IKO, just saying that by my mind you have not accurately described the essence of the problem. You gave some broad and hazy explanation about a disagreement with their instructor. For now your posts just seem as lament, nothing more. After all you made the decision to pay these fees, no-one else than you.

kiwimike
Medium Poster

Postby kiwimike » Thu May 23, 2013 7:27 am

ok for those of you who dont know what happened at my club.
iko sent me an examiner called kamil to my club to run an instructor training course. he did such a poor job of it i informed him he could not run any more courses at my club. he went back to iko and told a bunch of lies about my club so i would get banned from hosting further instructor training courses at my club. i asked iko to send me another examiner which they agreed to do. the next day they cancelled all my comming instructor courses. i continually emailed them and stayed up late at night ringing them during business hours. they refused to return my calls or answer my emails. it was only after posting on kite forum that they finally told me why they cancelled my courses. i sent loads of photos of my rescue boats, life jackets, teaching areas etc proving everything kamil said was a lie. also iko talked with the trainee instructors and they confirmed kamil had done a very poor job, several of them even asked for their money back. they had a meeting and they suspended kamil for a year but they did not reinstate my courses. i continued to call and email but iko would not talk to me. why am i paying my fees to an organisation who will not talk to me on the phone or return my emails? i feel ripped off and want my money refunded. i think it is only fair.

JaanTatikas wrote:I am not for or against IKO, just saying that by my mind you have not accurately described the essence of the problem. You gave some broad and hazy explanation about a disagreement with their instructor. For now your posts just seem as lament, nothing more. After all you made the decision to pay these fees, no-one else than you.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Thu May 23, 2013 9:55 am

kiwimike wrote:ok for those of you who dont know what happened at my club.
iko sent me an examiner called kamil to my club to run an instructor training course. he did such a poor job of it i informed him he could not run any more courses at my club. he went back to iko and told a bunch of lies about my club so i would get banned from hosting further instructor training courses at my club. i asked iko to send me another examiner which they agreed to do. the next day they cancelled all my comming instructor courses. i continually emailed them and stayed up late at night ringing them during business hours. they refused to return my calls or answer my emails. it was only after posting on kite forum that they finally told me why they cancelled my courses. i sent loads of photos of my rescue boats, life jackets, teaching areas etc proving everything kamil said was a lie. also iko talked with the trainee instructors and they confirmed kamil had done a very poor job, several of them even asked for their money back. they had a meeting and they suspended kamil for a year but they did not reinstate my courses. i continued to call and email but iko would not talk to me. why am i paying my fees to an organisation who will not talk to me on the phone or return my emails? i feel ripped off and want my money refunded. i think it is only fair.
If that's all true it sounds reasonable to me to ask for your money back. I hope you will get it back.

Cheers
Caesar 8)

kiwimike
Medium Poster

Postby kiwimike » Thu May 23, 2013 4:06 pm

thanks caesar,
i consider myself to be a reasonable guy. if fred from iko would like to say this is not true then i would love to hear his side of the story. almost 3 years of being ignored hasnt helped.
Caesar wrote:
If that's all true it sounds reasonable to me to ask for your money back. I hope you will get it back.

Cheers
Caesar 8)

Babel
Medium Poster

Postby Babel » Thu May 23, 2013 8:24 pm

By the contract with IKO, do you actually have any right to host instructor courses? If not you have nothing to complain about. The main idea of IKO, as I understand it, is that you put a flag in front of your kitesurfing school that attracts students because of "certified teachers". Did they take away your flag in the past? Your certificate to teach students? If not, stop being a troll or deal with a lawsuit. If I were IKO, I would do it for sure.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Thu May 23, 2013 11:43 pm

Frenchman living in Dominican Republic vs kiwi in Thailand. World police?! lol

I had same experience back in the day- never could talk to person - for sure avoiding talking to me by phone - huge phone bill - false advertising - no customer service whatsoever. Instructors instructor at level of beginner to intermediate.

No wonder people think IKO is a scam.

kiwimike
Medium Poster

Postby kiwimike » Fri May 24, 2013 2:32 am

if you are an iko affiliated school you can host instructor training courses. iko provides the examiner who runs instructs the course and is paid as a contractor.
thats about all you get from iko, a flag. i doubt i got a single student from iko during the 4 years i was with them.
after i posted what had happened they posted on kite forum that they dissacociated themselves with me, which was fine by me. no point being part of an organisation who wont even talk to you on the phone or answer emails. life is alot simpler without iko. now i just want my fees returned.

Babel wrote:
By the contract with IKO, do you actually have any right to host instructor courses? If not you have nothing to complain about. The main idea of IKO, as I understand it, is that you put a flag in front of your kitesurfing school that attracts students because of "certified teachers". Did they take away your flag in the past? Your certificate to teach students? If not, stop being a troll or deal with a lawsuit. If I were IKO, I would do it for sure.

Return to “Kitesurfing”