*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: a good kite for light wind?
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:04 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 3:20 am
Posts: 207
SupaEZ wrote:
Kamikuza wrote:
weather station said 6 knots but it's about 20km away so take that with a grain of salt! Felt like 10 to 15 to me...


Well said :thumb:
All measuring devices should be taken with a grain of salt in light winds :coolshades:
Nothing beats an experienced human to determine how much wind speed is in their kite


:thumb: Something I wish I had thought to say when my boss tells me to take lessons out because the wind meter reached 12 mph


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: a good kite for light wind?
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:48 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:20 am
Posts: 122
SupaEZ wrote:
coleman wrote:
On a Rampage wrote:
Been on the Core 19, SS Turbine 17, Dyno 18, and Cloud 17. Kiting 15 years and ride Airush Varial X. It depends on what you want to do.

Wakestyle - hands down is the turbine.
Raceboard - kind of a tie between core, cloud and dyno.
Big air - Dyno 18
Light wind on a Spleene Door - cloud is still riding, relaunching, and flying when the others barely staying in sky.

My boards are Spleene RS 135, 2013 Sector 66, Airush Cypher 5'10", Spleene Door 159, skim.



What are your thoughts specifically in regards to the cloud coupled with a race board?


Weird...i agree with you on that...Friendly Texas & Friendly Florida :wink: need some specifics


Sorry as I don't have Internet at my house yet.

A few quick notes:
Sensor bar - I like some of its features but not enough to buy one. I like the small diameter of the bar and the depower strap is effortless but hate the release, the (yarn like) leader lines and the fact that the "Y" split is just like Cabrihna. Too far away. If you invert the lines and manage to put the bar back thru, the soft leader lines just become a mess. I believe in a universal type release. Push away is best IMO. The best ones I have seen and used so far are Airush and North.

Cloud - Pretty cool kite once you get used to looking at it. It is the squarest looking kite I have ever seen. Super low aspect! I used the 10m and 17m. I didn't get to ride the 10 but it it would relaunch in 8 knots without any problem. I could ride my Sector 66 and relaunch the 17 in 5-6 knots and stay upwind. Huge wing tips make its steering fast for a large kite. The Sector 66 isn't an all out race board and I would think a true race board would get better upwind ability. 3 people her that just ordered the 17 for summer winds. Might just get to ride a little more.

Supa : I swear from just reading your posts, you just like to here yourself talk. No matter what anyone says, you just come back with something to try and make the Core 19 be the best. Can't beat a dead horse? Of course you can, it just doesn't feel anything!


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: a good kite for light wind?
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:50 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Posts: 2505
On a Rampage wrote:

Sensor bar - I like some of its features but not enough to buy one. I like the small diameter of the bar and the depower strap is effortless but hate the release, the (yarn like) leader lines and the fact that the "Y" split is just like Cabrihna. Too far away. If you invert the lines and manage to put the bar back thru, the soft leader lines just become a mess. I believe in a universal type release. Push away is best IMO. The best ones I have seen and used so far are Airush and North.




Some of the things you said about Sensor bar are incorrect
There is no depower strap but a 4 to 1 ratio depower line with cleat
The "Y" split is not too far away only 4 meters..EZ to grab and go up it to land kite by pulling top line
Hate the release ??..it is so EZ twist to the left or to the right just like a door knob :duh:

Do you invert your lines a lot ??
Yeah push away is great .... all my other gear is North...and the Sensor twist release is just as EZ

The 52cm Sensor bar system is simply awesome IMO
I have had over 100 sessions on it with the 19m2 Riot in 8 to 18knots and zero issues....pure joy !

.......................................... :surf: :sun: .....................................................................................................


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: a good kite for light wind?
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:17 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:17 am
Posts: 2153
Location: Save a life...adopt a Pitbull
SupaEZ wrote:
Some of the things you said about Sensor bar are incorrect
The "Y" split is not too far away only 4 meters.
Hate the release ??..it is so EZ twist to the left or to the right just like a door knob :duh:
The 52cm Sensor bar system is simply awesome IMO
Core decided to design a product that twists, when (almost) everybody else has settled on push away release. :duh:
Twist is not simple or awesome IMO.
I agree with Rampage, that 4 meters is less than ideal for the split, closer is better IMO.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: a good kite for light wind?
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:00 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Posts: 2505
Oldnbroken wrote:
SupaEZ wrote:
Some of the things you said about Sensor bar are incorrect
The "Y" split is not too far away only 4 meters.
Hate the release ??..it is so EZ twist to the left or to the right just like a door knob :duh:
The 52cm Sensor bar system is simply awesome IMO
Core decided to design a product that twists, when (almost) everybody else has settled on push away release. :duh:
Twist is not simple or awesome IMO.
I agree with Rampage, that 4 meters is less than ideal for the split, closer is better IMO.


:duh:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: a good kite for light wind?
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:03 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:17 am
Posts: 2153
Location: Save a life...adopt a Pitbull
Like a weird echo. :blabla:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: a good kite for light wind?
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:29 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:01 pm
Posts: 2
I will have to put my vote on a good light wind board. I dont go anywere without my Airush Sector V60. I pair it up with a 14m kite and im off and kiting. Im 6'1 95-100kg pending on how much good beer i drink. With the kite technology changing.... The 14m turns a bit quicker to get up and plane. I have an older 17m slingshot but my 2012 and 2013 14m kites pull much better. I know a few guys in San Diego that fly the 17m north and 17m fat lady paired up with a Sector or Race type board. They are always the first.... And sometimes only guys out.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: a good kite for light wind?
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:46 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:20 am
Posts: 122
SupaEZ wrote:
On a Rampage wrote:

Sensor bar - I like some of its features but not enough to buy one. I like the small diameter of the bar and the depower strap is effortless but hate the release, the (yarn like) leader lines and the fact that the "Y" split is just like Cabrihna. Too far away. If you invert the lines and manage to put the bar back thru, the soft leader lines just become a mess. I believe in a universal type release. Push away is best IMO. The best ones I have seen and used so far are Airush and North.




Some of the things you said about Sensor bar are incorrect
There is no depower strap but a 4 to 1 ratio depower line with cleat
The "Y" split is not too far away only 4 meters..EZ to grab and go up it to land kite by pulling top line


Crazy to think that my opinion could be incorrect. I guess that makes your opinion on everything else incorrect. Depower strap/depower line, WOW! You are a tool! Once again as long as you get the last word, eh?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: a good kite for light wind?
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:06 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:54 pm
Posts: 561
Location: texas
This is my impression of supaez when he is finished posting about his kite.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM9jhGiIAFM

:lol:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: a good kite for light wind?
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:56 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:20 pm
Posts: 84
coleman wrote:
This is my impression of supaez when he is finished posting about his kite.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM9jhGiIAFM

:lol:


ahahahhaha :rollgrin: so true :lol: SupaSMUG :thumb: :jump: :jump: :jump: :duh: :duh: :duh:


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: av_dumitrascu, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], lamza, magnusod, Windstoked and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group