Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Feb 23, 2002 9:12 am

it's ok Jido, you can tell us anything you think of, we will listen.
Wouldn't it be great if everyone would be behaving and feeling the same way we do out on the water? Totally relaxed, smile on the face, happy, excited, successfull, free, enjoying the beautiful nature, etc?

Bengan
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Bengan » Sat Feb 23, 2002 10:55 am

Just a note on thougth of getting a second kite, I have a FS Warrior 9.3 and I would not really recommned it as a "low end" kite. I have used it in winds from 10 knots on a 6.6 directional up until yesterday when I had it out in up to 28 knots on a Undergound 141 Lunchtray. The amazing thing is that I still think I can take it out in a bit stronger wind. When fully powered on the beach I was right up in the air (73kgs) and fully depowered I could still walk it backward without problems. The de-power range is huge! So, what I wanted to say is that maybe a Warrior 12 or so would be a better choice for the light winds.

For boards, Underground strongly recommended, not becasue I work with them but because they are really awsome. I use the LT 141 for the strong stuff and chop and I use the Fridge Door 138 for medium winds and flat water. Great freestyle board. On the other hand Loose boards are super nice as well and the construction almost bomb proof.

PMad
Medium Poster

Postby PMad » Sun Feb 24, 2002 2:33 am

Yeah. you're right Toby ! Would be great if everyone could experience and enjoy this great wonderfulnew sport.
(and from what I can see around, more and more people are!)

Cheers,
j.

Craig
Rare Poster

Postby Craig » Sun Feb 24, 2002 6:34 am

Hi Jido,

Well, you got the essense of what I WAS saying in my first post! :smile:

That in all of the serious issues that one can come across in this world, to have such a great luxury as to be able to just go out and have so much fun, to enjoy and play on the water is quite a blessing indeed!

Can't wait for it to warm up here in Boston!

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:31 am

Kitesurfing is a heck of a lot of fun... no matter what equipment you have it's just good to get out on the water. Sometimes I just go out just for the sake of going out, getting wet and flying the kite... peace and quiet... better than working!!

So lucky in NZ not to have to worry about the violence that affects other parts of the world. Another plus is that it's warm enough here to kite all year round....

captain pugwash
Medium Poster

Postby captain pugwash » Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:45 am

Craig,
Just for your info, I had a 172 prankster with half bindings for 6 months this summer. It was a treat for learning on, trucks up wind and is rock steady in heavy chop. Beware that you'll grow out of it quickly, I did and I'm a very conservative rider, I went up to the underground WT147..much looser to ride and the pops feel bigger.

chassan
Frequent Poster

Postby chassan » Tue Aug 13, 2002 11:29 pm

Yeah...life's a bitch
The other day I seriously told my girlfriend that I needed to make a very important decision in my life and she seriously said:"You mean a very important kite decision?".......................

I think I'm going to get dumped

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:20 am

Who needs a girl friend when you've got kitesurfing anyway.

BLOWN AWAY by kitesurfing... not girls

Return to “Kitesurfing”