Danydan
Medium Poster
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2009 Cabrinha IDS bar parts

Postby Danydan » Thu May 30, 2013 11:46 pm

The bar of my first kite, a Cabrinha X-bow 11M, shows normal signs of wears and tears and I was wondering two things:

1. Does more recent models part (like the Depower main line) is compatible with the 2009 IDS?

2. Where (CAN or U.S.) can I buy this part and also the overslide body because I am tired of the CAS trim adjuster set (and Cabrinha customer services seems not to bother answering back)?

Tks.

Dany

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Re: 2009 Cabrinha IDS bar parts

Postby ronnie » Thu May 30, 2013 11:53 pm

Danydan wrote:The bar of my first kite, a Cabrinha X-bow 11M, shows normal signs of wears and tears and I was wondering two things:

1. Does more recent models part (like the Depower main line) is compatible with the 2009 IDS?

2. Where (CAN or U.S.) can I buy this part and also the overslide body because I am tired of the CAS trim adjuster set (and Cabrinha customer services seems not to bother answering back)?

Tks.

Dany
I think they increased the diameter of the Depower Main Line when they internalised the IDS line.

I think the 2009 is 9mm and the 2010 one is 14mm diameter

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Fri May 31, 2013 2:04 pm

Danydan wrote:The bar of my first kite, a Cabrinha X-bow 11M, shows normal signs of wears and tears and I was wondering two things:

Tks.

Dany
Hi Dany,

We will have a look to see if we have that part in stock. If you can, please call the shop @ 1-800-661-7873.

Thanks
Dave
www.silentsports.com

:thumb:

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Fri May 31, 2013 10:52 pm

the cabrinha brand is run like a massive corporation, they will not respond to customers directly. i tried contacting them a few times and never heard back. you're meant to contact their underlings, ie the shops, and they can order parts

whether it's compatible or not i have no idea, that stuff is 4 years old. but rope is rope, and if you want to change from the cas trim adjusters to something that works better you can do it as long as you get the lengths of everything correct. after all, all you're doing is making the center lines longer or shorter by trimming.

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:11 pm

Contact the Neil Pryde store in Maui and ask them. They are in the same building as the corporate headquarters for Cabrinha and NP owns Cabrinha.

dejavu
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Any that have steady wind
Favorite Beaches: Any
Style: Freeride with the conditions on the day
Gear: Cabrinha, Flysurfer, NP, Rip Curl, WFMG, Aquapak, Loksac, Gopro, Suunto, apple watch.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby dejavu » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:18 pm

First look on the website www.asap-direct and see if the part is there. If not contact the website and ask the question. They are the Neil Pryde HQ in China and have everything.

BK
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: CABRINHA Rider and Representative
Been thanked: 0

Postby BK » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:32 am

easy to at least determine the correct part number here:
http://www.cabrinhakites.com/crossbow-ids-2009.html

Return to “Kitesurfing”