Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:34 pm

Hi Dimitri,
The only support for all those issues I described and experienced was that you sent me 3 replacement valves for the 3 kites I purchased from you and which peeled off very quickly.
You told me that Blade would send me replacement QRs. Well, I'm still waiting for them and never received them.
Caesar, Since we are doing this in public I still have the email you sent me 13 months ago concerning the BLADE CL that you broke. I told you that I was going to send you a new BLADE CL but you told me that you already got in touch with Yaron the owner of BLADE and that he was going to send you a new CL to replace the one you broke so I did not have to send you one. If you want I can email you that email. So I guess he never did sent you that Blade CL!!!! He probably forgot.
Now concerning the Valves peeling off...I am sorry about that. A lot of other kite companies had the same problem with some of the valves peeling off because of the heat. We did sent you some replacement Stick On Valves from AIRTIME. What happened to them?
Any way you can always respond publicly or via email, the choice is yours.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:01 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Caesar, Since we are doing this in public I still have the email you sent me 13 months ago concerning the BLADE CL that you broke. I told you that I was going to send you a new BLADE CL but you told me that you already got in touch with Yaron the owner of BLADE and that he was going to send you a new CL to replace the one you broke so I did not have to send you one. If you want I can email you that email. So I guess he never did sent you that Blade CL!!!! He probably forgot.
You are wrong again. I kept all those email and if you like I can expose them here in full.
Just for the record- I told you I would like working QRs to replace the faulty QRs (eg. your new QRs which you were testing at the time). You told me they are not for sale yet (for sale because I wrote to you I would even pay for working replacement QRs!). Then you wrote that they would be available for the public within 2 months (and you sent that email on 08.08.2012). You never offered replacement QRs to me, I asked for them! Then you put the Blade boss in CC in one of your responses to me and he send an email to me that he was very sorry too and that I would have faulty ones and he would send replacement (which I never received).
That is the true story about those QRs.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:55 am

Dimitri M wrote: Again from all the bars we've sold, we probably had less then 3% of these DEPOWER STRAPS going bad.
You wrote earlier :
2010 bars sold : 2063
2011 & G3 bars sold : 5012
Total : 7075

1%....70
2%...141
2.5%...176
3%...212

But for sure it cannot be over 4% :thumb:

Just having fun crunching numbers in this imperfect world :lol:

So how did you come up with around 30?

How fast can you count toothpicks ? 82..82...82.....still 4 in the box

http://movieclips.com/HhrL-rain-man-mov ... oothpicks/

:happybirthday: #44 June 11th :happybirthday:

...................................... :surf: :sun: ..................................................................................................

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:10 pm

Well Mr.Caesar I guess I can't argue with you since the customer is always right. But the main question is why would I not send you a replacement CL since we are very good with our warranty policies and we do this with every body else. They must of been a miss understanding from both parties.
Concerning our new 4G Chicken Loops. I want to make sure they are 115% perfect before I release them, and this is the reason why I have not release the CL yet. I am not like every kite company out there. I am very strict about this. I need to be very very very happy with the product I am releasing to the market. So we are almost done with the final prototype and it looks FANTASTIC.
Any way like I said before good luck with your new kites.
Attachments
IMG_1774 1.jpg
IMG_1872 10.jpg
IMG_1798 2.jpg
IMG_1825 4.jpg
IMG_1806 3.jpg
IMG_1836 6.jpg
IMG_1826 5.jpg
IMG_1853 8.jpg
IMG_1862 9.jpg

Flysurf77
Medium Poster
Gear: EPIC KITEBOARDING
Brand Affiliation: IKO/PADI/EPIC/WAINMAN
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flysurf77 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Just arrived in the Outer Banks for the summer season, wind forecast looks great and the water is getting warmer now.
Can't wait to demo all those new 4G kites prototypes as well as the new QR!
Already had a blast last summer with the 3G EPIC kites!!!!!
Will keep posting!
:mosh:
Attachments
Stephan owner of KITEAID.jpg
mickey.jpg

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Caesar » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:33 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Well Mr.Caesar I guess I can't argue with you since the customer is always right. But the main question is why would I not send you a replacement CL since we are very good with our warranty policies and we do this with every body else. They must of been a miss understanding from both parties.
Concerning our new 4G Chicken Loops. I want to make sure they are 115% perfect before I release them, and this is the reason why I have not release the CL yet. I am not like every kite company out there. I am very strict about this. I need to be very very very happy with the product I am releasing to the market. So we are almost done with the final prototype and it looks FANTASTIC.
Any way like I said before good luck with your new kites.
Hi Dimitri,

what a nice looking bar. My Epic bars looked similar when I received them (except for the dented foam material). Here is a photo of the bar after 1 year (please zoom in to have a closer look).
Epic-bar.jpg
I never had a bar looking like that after only 1 year. Friends call me "Monk" because I take very good care of everything (not only my belongings).

I can only speak for myself and I don't care how good your warranty policy is and how you tread other customers. I was not treated like that! I received sorry letters and that I'm 'the only customer who experienced such a fault...'.
- All I received from you were 2 replacement valves when I told you that two of the 3 kites I bought from you had faulty valves. I had to cover R$60.00 for the repair cost myself to get them onto the kites (including the first valve I covered for myself).
- You offered me a credit of $25.00 for the first strut repair when the first strut broke. The other 5 repairs I had to cover for myself. More repair cost to come if I continue to kite that 10m LTD with those thin (or wrongly chosen) strut material. I might have received a prototype if nobody else had such issues. I do have this issue and it is not my fault that they are breaking apart.
- You put a Blade manager in CC and he offered me to send a working QR. I never received anything and that's why I bought a North QR.
- Nothing was offered for the write-off kite because of the none-working QR. I had to sell one kite which was torn into many pieces at a big loss!

Don't take me wrong- the performance of the Epic kites are pretty good (that's after trimming the 10m LTDs by correcting the knots which were 12cm too low). Otherwise they would only do "Hindenburgs". But I am disappointed by your customer service when it comes to cover repair costs and faulty parts and now you say it is a misunderstanding.
I'm in the lucky position to be in retirement at a very early age. That's why I even offered you to pay for "working" replacement QRs. True?
Please read my previous writing again: viewtopic.php?f=1&p=795983#p795983

Nobody is perfect but there are too many things wrong with those Epic kites (bridle line issues, faulty valves, broken struts, the very soft bar material, none-working QRs) and I don't want to pay for things and then being the crash test dummy. It is not only the money I spent for repairing those kites but also all the inconveniences driving forwards and back to the repair centers and being without that kite for a day or two.
For me the Epic saga is over. I found a higher jumping kite with even more hangtime and reportedly better quality (time will tell) and you can continue to argue if you like.

Cheers
Caesar

PS: Do you want to buy my 2 remaining kites which I have For Sale and put them into your Epic museum for later on?

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:09 pm

Wow... wtf did you do with your bar? I got several epic bars for more then 2 years now.. guess even 3 years.. and even with people testing them it doesnt look anywhere close to what you show. Maybe i'm just a little more tidy with my gear.

Olivier D
Medium Poster
Gear: Epic Screamer 2010 9m
Slingshot Lunacy
Brand Affiliation: EPIC

Postby Olivier D » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:28 pm

I still have my 2010 EPIC bar.

I had an issue with the depowerstrap and got a new one to replace it.

But my bar looks brand new next to yours :o

I bought the DEMO kite+bar 2 years ago

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Caesar » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:32 pm

Geronimo79 wrote:Wow... wtf did you do with your bar? I got several epic bars for more then 2 years now.. guess even 3 years.. and even with people testing them it doesnt look anywhere close to what you show. Maybe i'm just a little more tidy with my gear.

Trust me Geronimo, that bar was not ripped against anything whatsoever. That occurred due to normal wear and tear. Ok, I kite around 220 days p.a., more frequently as most other kiters. That grip material of the bar is far too soft (and I mentioned this in my very first email to D already after receiving the first kite). It was dented through to the plastic on 2 places already when I received it.

Cheers
Caesar 8)

Flysurf77
Medium Poster
Gear: EPIC KITEBOARDING
Brand Affiliation: IKO/PADI/EPIC/WAINMAN

Postby Flysurf77 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:02 pm

I think you should be happy that EPIC even answer you and took care of listening to your complain. Most of the kite companies would not even take the time to respond to you.
I have been working with few of the main kiteboarding companies in the past, and they would not take care of your complain unless you are an important buyer and purchase 20+ kites.
About the bar pealing off, I have different brands bars and all of them are doing the same. This is coming from the heat as we are using them in warm and humid countries. Same with the valves!
I know what I m talking about, I get about 50 kites per season for myself (school n sales) and receive over 200 riders with there own gear and most of them with valves problems.
Wind is now 28/35 knots, side shore on shore on the ocean side, with some real nice waves building up now....so let s go riding!

Return to “Kitesurfing”