Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

The Ultimate Wave Kite!! 2013 North Neo review!

Forum for kitesurfers
gvironda
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Torbole, Garda Lake
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa, Lefkada, Capo Mannu, Naxos, Tuscany,
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Ultimate Wave Kite!! 2013 North Neo review!

Postby gvironda » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:10 pm

I have EVO 12 and NEO 10 and 7.
Before had flown EVO 9.
The Neo is much more comfortable in my opinion, and depower MUCH more than the Evo.
I am just 70kg, and have been out in over 25 knots with the Neo 10, still feeling in control. In similar conditions with the Evo 9 I got scared once and got back to the beach.
Compared to the Evo, you loose low end and hang time. All the rest (turning speed, depower, drift, comfort) in my opinion is much better
Good wind!

dannybarnette
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Anywhere in Cape Hatteras, NC!
Favorite Beaches: Barbados, Dorado PR, Shacks PR, Cape Hatteras!
Style: Wave Riding, Big Air, Freestyle
Gear: North DICE, TEAM SERIES, and PRO SERIES
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding USA team rider.
Kiteboarding Instructor for Ocean Air Sports, Avon, NC.

Postby dannybarnette » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:51 pm

windfreak wrote:Hi mr. dany,super good review,as i was looking for buying a 8 or 9m evo ,to complete my new evo 12m 2013(witch i like a lot)but as a beginner with surboards i might give a try to a neo, maybe a 9m , it doesn t seem to have a good low-end but with your review and some other neo owners comments , it seems to have other good aspects, like ;less pull in the harness,good drift,fast kiteloop,smooth unhook etc..Are you using 22m lines and do you think 9m would be a good size to complete my 12m evo ,i weight about 210 lbs :? thanks .the FREAK : :cool2:
If I were you I would go more for the 10m Neo, because your Evo tends to pack more power that normal 12m sizes, and since the Neo is a surf oriented kite it runs a little smaller. At your size I would go for the 10m Neo to compliment your 12m Evo! Your are going to love it in the waves! So are you mostly going to be riding in the waves with the Neo, (that's where it performs the best.)

dannybarnette
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Anywhere in Cape Hatteras, NC!
Favorite Beaches: Barbados, Dorado PR, Shacks PR, Cape Hatteras!
Style: Wave Riding, Big Air, Freestyle
Gear: North DICE, TEAM SERIES, and PRO SERIES
Brand Affiliation: North Kiteboarding USA team rider.
Kiteboarding Instructor for Ocean Air Sports, Avon, NC.

Postby dannybarnette » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:54 pm

gvironda wrote:I have EVO 12 and NEO 10 and 7.
Compared to the Evo, you loose low end and hang time. All the rest (turning speed, depower, drift, comfort) in my opinion is much better
Good wind!
Yes, the Neo isn't really a jumping kite, doesn't have much hang time and explosive rip you off the water type jumping and thats what makes it a great surf kite when whipping it around in the waves!

heinzbush
Medium Poster

Postby heinzbush » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:12 pm

just curious if someone has flown the Neo as well as the usual suspects (Reo, Drifter, Cabo)?

I'm not asking "which is better" since that answer doesn't exist, but maybe there are some differences... I'm thinking about getting a dedicated wave kite this season...

windfreak
Medium Poster

Postby windfreak » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:12 am

Hi guys ,thanks for your advices, 10m would be good for me, the windrange is 15-30 nts,maybe a litle more at my weight :lol: The best is always to demo one.As for my evo i am pretty surprise by the high end of my 12m,i have use it in about 25nts and it feel pretty good ,but a reel wave kite would be fun for sure,as i am using more and more my surboards,I have read good wave kite reviews in the latest kiteworld magasine.For me it would be a neo for sure with 22m lines and i could mix it with my 24m set.Yeah baby :wink: Good Wind ; the Freak :cool2:

Return to “Kitesurfing”