JuanMartinez
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: First table to race.

Postby JuanMartinez » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:50 am

ok
But Temavento is much better and more expensive,,, I need something accessible to start ..
could say more or less what the price temamavento?? orientativamente against monaro or krapida or other,,,?
thank you!

FrederikS
Frequent Poster

Postby FrederikS » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:07 am

Tone wrote:
drewkite wrote:
JuanMartinez wrote:no body?...
someone with user information? ...
thank's!
go with krapida, looks good. Tried it once and really liked it!! way faster and i think lighter then krace
but has many production problems.

Go Temavento - Orange rocket!
As far as I know non of the K-Rapidas have failed. The old K-70s had a few production issues which were all cleared up and boards exchanged for new ones. The K-Rapida looks and feels very solid is a way tougher than most of the 2012 boards I have seen.

JuanMartinez
Rare Poster

Postby JuanMartinez » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:28 pm

ok!
and Monaro?

someone now abaut this table?

thank's

FrederikS
Frequent Poster

Postby FrederikS » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:26 am

JuanMartinez wrote:ok!
and Monaro?

someone now abaut this table?

thank's
I think one or two was on it for the african championship. Probably alright as a beginner board, but I have no idea whether it is fast enough to be able to compete with the other boards that have been mentioned in this thread.

JuanMartinez
Rare Poster

Postby JuanMartinez » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:28 am

:D
Thank's for your help! it's important for me,,,

i'm loking for a geginer table! and i need help for echoice one!
tank's

Bay Racer
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Crissy Field
Favorite Beaches: anywhere with wind and water
Style: race
Gear: Ozone, Rista Fins, Mike's Lab

Postby Bay Racer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:51 am

This otta give you a clear picture of what peoples preference is. The main thing is to enjoy the ride....

viewtopic.php?f=159&t=2380756

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:28 am

Bay Racer wrote:This otta give you a clear picture of what peoples preference is. The main thing is to enjoy the ride....

The bay area is not the be all and end all of kite racing. Yes it is a bit of a hub but just because everyone was on Mikes doesn't make them the only choice.

We can't even get a Mikes Lab in Europe unless we get one imported.

The board is great, no doubt but I am pretty sure that the top guys on any other top board would still own most racers.

I also noted that many of the videos showed people falling off when tacking, on Mikes Lab.. does that mean they are hard to tack? of course not.

People preference in the BAY area is for Mikes Lab, based in Cali its the go to board as it comes in the same price as the North race boards (or there abouts-$150)

there was not nearly as many ML boards at the Africans, why? because they can't get them there... Remember a certain North rider smoking every other rider on one day?

For me, in Europe - a Mikes board isn't worth the wait or the cost. For sure I would love to ride one and compare but that just isn't going to happen. Mike is missing out a trick there.

Jimmy Mazzanti
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: freeride wave
Gear: mine
Brand Affiliation: Sabfoil.com

Postby Jimmy Mazzanti » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:04 am

Bay Racer wrote:This otta give you a clear picture of what peoples preference is. The main thing is to enjoy the ride....

The ML is a great, great board.
anyway the link you posted give us a clear picture of what Bay Racers preference is.
I am already happy that 5 of them rode Orange at the NAC at Mike's home.
One year ago, same time , TemaVento was not even on the market

10 days ago at the french stop of Kite Tour Europe there was only 1 ML and 13 TemaVento..
does this mean that they prefer Orange ?

At the Euros, I see from the entry list that already 30 TMV customers signed in for the event .

different points of view
like this one for example:

http://www.flyozone.com/kitesurf/en/news/

cheers
jim

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:39 pm

Jimmy Mazzanti wrote:

The ML is a great, great board.
anyway the link you posted give us a clear picture of what Bay Racers preference is.
I am already happy that 5 of them rode Orange at the NAC at Mike's home.
One year ago, same time , TemaVento was not even on the market

10 days ago at the french stop of Kite Tour Europe there was only 1 ML and 13 TemaVento..
does this mean that they prefer Orange ?

At the Euros, I see from the entry list that already 30 TMV customers signed in for the event .

different points of view
like this one for example:

http://www.flyozone.com/kitesurf/en/news/

cheers
jim
Exactly!

Bay Racer
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Crissy Field
Favorite Beaches: anywhere with wind and water
Style: race
Gear: Ozone, Rista Fins, Mike's Lab

Postby Bay Racer » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:22 am

Tone wrote:

The bay area is not the be all and end all of kite racing. Yes it is a bit of a hub but just because everyone was on Mikes doesn't make them the only choice.

We can't even get a Mikes Lab in Europe unless we get one imported.

The board is great, no doubt but I am pretty sure that the top guys on any other top board would still own most racers.

I also noted that many of the videos showed people falling off when tacking, on Mikes Lab.. does that mean they are hard to tack? of course not.

People preference in the BAY area is for Mikes Lab, based in Cali its the go to board as it comes in the same price as the North race boards (or there abouts-$150)

there was not nearly as many ML boards at the Africans, why? because they can't get them there... Remember a certain North rider smoking every other rider on one day?

For me, in Europe - a Mikes board isn't worth the wait or the cost. For sure I would love to ride one and compare but that just isn't going to happen. Mike is missing out a trick there.
You are right ML is not the only board out there but you can get one in Europe. There are sohttp://www.kiteforum.com/posting.php?mode=quot ... =796620#me in Holland right now ready to ship. There are also plenty In San Francisco available to ship anywhere in the world. Believe me, Mike wont be missing out on Europe for long. :wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”