Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:00 pm

All these interested in finding out what's the honest and straight customer service - without self-pimping and blowing off your clients/dealers with lies - is all about, check out the Blade's responce in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2380704
Fascinating isn't it? :thumb:
Once again alexeyga, I have nothing to hide. Our "Customer service" is out of this world from what other customers have told us. We always take care of our customers the best we can and we always stand behind our products 100% and sometimes go out of our way to help them.
This is a 2011 Bar that I have been using for almost 2 years now and believe me I kite almost every day. You can see there is a lot of abuse on the bar. The only new thing on the bar is the new (4G) CL that I put, the flying & center lines and the new SURF kite. All the rest such as the Depower Strap, the bar, the leader lines and so on have been on it from the beginning which was 21 months ago.
Attachments
GOPR0016 2.jpg
GOPR0007 1.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:30 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Once again alexeyga, I have nothing to hide. Our "Customer service" is out of this wold from what other customers have said. We always take care of our customers the best we can and we always stand behind our products 100%.
Yeah, but with your words only. The reality is different (at least in my cases). Words and apologies only if things fail are not what I understand as customer service. If things break, do your duty and fix or replace them.
What do you think would be better? Tell your customers:
1.) "Sorry, you are the only one this happened to" and that's it
or
2.) To admit there might be a design issue and you will be looking into it and fix if necessary (and at least replace those things which failed if it is not done on purpose or failed due to abuse).
If you would go with the second option, you would have my respect and I would be still with you (and also a few more of your previous customers I'm in contact with).
We are all human beings and nobody is perfect and to admit a mistake puts you much higher onto the scale. Before you write back some nonsense, do yourself a favor, think about it and come back with a response in a day or two.

Your dealers and "followers" can post whatever they like and how great your customer service is. Surely they would not post anything negative or they would lose their sales...

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:32 pm

Sorry Caesar, but I guess I can't make every body happy. Out of thousands of happy customers we have, maybe we have a hand full that are not happy and we've tried out best.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:58 pm

That's precisely what we've been talking about for the last 10 pages or so!!! :thumb:

Here's what other companies have to say when their customer has an issue with any given product of that same company:
yoav_at_blade wrote: Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.
The design team discussed your issue, but it was difficult for them to understand exactly what may have caused the problem. In 20 knots of wind, the kite should have had more than enough power to pull the swivel through the safety line.

If you’d like, we can replace your bar with a new one and we can then send it to our design team for further analysis.
This is an extreme incident that should not happen and we would like to avoid in the future.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.
And here's the typical Epic's response:
Dimitri M wrote:Sorry, but I guess I can't make every body happy.
How cool is that? :thumb: :baby: :naughty: :jump:

Dimitri, you seem to be forgetting - or you just plain don't know it, but nowadays it takes a lot less unhappy customers to turn some company's reputation into ash, than it takes happy customers to improve some company's reputation even by one tiny bit.

As a side note, the Surf kite looks really weird from the rider's POV. And hopefully you're planning something smoother as a color scheme.
Last edited by alexeyga on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Been thanked: 0

Postby soul19 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:02 pm

Wow is all that I can say.... you are upset over a buckle? He offered you a free replacement but you are upset about shipping???? Regular mail would have the buckle to you for a few dollars! I can't see how this is anything that would constitute a design flaw with so little failures??? Everything has a point of failure....replace and move on!
Caesar has the real complaint here with a kite that should be replaced! Six repairs is a concern about the quality of that single kite! You my friend have a real issue with that kite compared to the other guy! I believe that your kite should be replaced if you bought it new... anything less is a complete failure on Epics part

James
www.theglobalartist.com

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:30 pm

In the end... you cant make everybody happy.

Just got back from Dimitri's Boot Camp. Been 2 weeks at Dimitris home and i had a blast. Made the most beautifull downwinders with the Crew of Blast kiteboarding.

In the End i lost 10KG. Now that is a boot camp!

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Caesar » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Geronimo79 wrote:In the end... you cant make everybody happy.

Just got back from Dimitri's Boot Camp. Been 2 weeks at Dimitris home and i had a blast. Made the most beautifull downwinders with the Crew of Blast kiteboarding.

In the End i lost 10KG. Now that is a boot camp!
Hi Geronimo,

Good to hear you had a good time at your employer's boot camp.

I'm not sure what that comment of yours means that you can't make everybody happy. Sure you have (very) unhappy customers if you are ripping them off if there are warranty issues and you don't resolve them according to the industry standards.

Cheers
Caesar

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Caesar » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:14 pm

soul19 wrote:Wow is all that I can say.... you are upset over a buckle? He offered you a free replacement but you are upset about shipping???? Regular mail would have the buckle to you for a few dollars! I can't see how this is anything that would constitute a design flaw with so little failures??? Everything has a point of failure....replace and move on!
Caesar has the real complaint here with a kite that should be replaced! Six repairs is a concern about the quality of that single kite! You my friend have a real issue with that kite compared to the other guy! I believe that your kite should be replaced if you bought it new... anything less is a complete failure on Epics part

James
www.theglobalartist.com
Hi James,

Thank you for your comments. :)

Regarding Alex's warranty issue- if it only costs a few bucks to post, would you seriously asked your customer who has a warranty issue for that postage fee or would you just adopt that, receive a good feedback and have one more happy customer (especially when you know that this customer is a frequent poster on forums)? I hope you agree.

But we are talking here about the principal Epic kite company failure in resolving warranty issues.

Cheers
Caesar 8)

Flysurf77
Medium Poster
Gear: EPIC KITEBOARDING
Brand Affiliation: IKO/PADI/EPIC/WAINMAN

Postby Flysurf77 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:16 am

Really, all nice noise for a buckle!?!?
Alexeyga, you need a new buckle? Is it what you want? I send you one for free!
Send me your address in PM and I ll make sure you get it asap!
Hope everyone have a wonderful and happy evening!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:19 am

Caesar,
I wish I could share all our correspondence with every body on this forum in order to show them exactly what was going on so they have a better understanding of this situation but I can't do that.
The bottom line is that it was not a warranty issue, but I did agree to pay for the repairs and asked you to use AIRTIME because that is who we use for all our repairs. But since you are in Brazil you decided to use one of your local store for the repair which is also good. After all that was done we decided to give you a credit for your next purchase since you wanted to buy a SCREAMER 9 because that was easier then sending you a payment. And you told me as a Team Rider that you were going to keep and eye on those struts and try to find out what might cause this extensive wearing which we still don't know because we never had any one else with this issue on the struts. So you bought a SCREAMER 9 and wanted us to ship it to Germany to save on shipping and duties so one of your friends could bring it to you in Brazil.
So once again I did everything I could to help you and I am sorry you feel that way.

Return to “Kitesurfing”