Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:25 pm

alexeyga wrote: Dimitricks, please feel free joining the "learning to read Club" along with your pall Oldnshrunkenspeedo. When truth is divided ........errors multiply. Thank you
:readpb:
Last edited by SupaEZ on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com
Been thanked: 0

Postby KiteCulture » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:35 pm

I'm not sure about the bridal wear issue. My kites get used quite a bit and the bridles look brand new pretty much. As far as wear goes, the centre line near the bar looks more visible worn due to sheeting all the time, but the bridles are crisp.

All equipment will get worn through normal use, so to centre out Epic for gear that wears quickly is just inaccurate. I've certainly owned other kites and found that after a lot of use, anything shows wear.

On the bar... These designs are always difficult I'm sure as there are many personal preferences. I landed someones kite the other day and wrapped up the Cabrinha bar for him and found it to be a nightmare to wrap up. I even passed it back after the lines falling off a number of times. For me, I like the Epic bar in it's simplicity. And really, once I'm riding I never think about it. I pull and the kite turns...

D: you can post any of my e-mails as I've also sent some stating that I believe your great is great, and that there will always be bashers.

Looking forward to the 4G line!... and I'm serious about that Renegade tattoo! Get Jerone to pass me the files of the wave, and I'll do a full sleeve. Want to help pay for it?

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:18 pm

alexeyga wrote:Dimitri, please feel free joining the "learning to read Club" along with your pall OldBroken. I have never said that ALL your kites are inverting or jellyfishing. The only thing that I have ever said was that this particular 9m Renegade of by buddy's has an issue. And it was getting worse over time. Nothing more, nothing less! Since 9m is one of the most used kite sizes, if there was a design problem - I'm sure we'd have heard a lot more about these inverting. Hence i've contacted you regarding that issue. And like i've told you in e-mail, i've personally made sure that the kite is pumped up rock hard, and I've personally checked all owner's bars - if the lines are all equal. Maybe the bridal got stretched, maybe there was something going on with the canopy - I don't know and guess what? Your "Epic" support wasn't of much help either! snip...
Ohh, while we are at the bridal line issue- I have another to share.
I needed to replace the bridal lines of my kites and asked Dimitri in an email how long the original bridal lines of the 10m LTD and the 9m Screamers are. The answer was "The Screamer 9 is 159 1/2 cm and the Screamer 10 is 192 cm."
When I checked my lines which came originally with the kite, they measured: 9M - 150.5cm and 10m - 184.5cm (and that's after using them until they were almost gone and stretched at least a centimeter or two).
I sent a reply telling Dimitri this and the answer was "Make another knot 10cm bellow the one you have and problem fix." (meaning the outside lines of the kite)
Well, what would you think about that? Saving on lines during production, or selling kites which are not set up proper or missing quality control?
When I received my kites, I trimmed them correctly because they were not set up proper (and Mr. Dimitri read the mail where I wrote this to you). But what about those who are fairly new to kiting and have no clue why their kites are doing Hindenburgs or are inverting?
Quite a few of the "Epic followers" sold their 10m LTDs because they acted strangely. I do not have those Hindenburg problems they described...But I have problems with those fucked-up struts (which of course is my fault because I like to chew on them when I'm hungry - fucking hilarious!).

PS: Makes me thinking that the strut issue might be the result of those wrong bridle line lengths...

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:51 pm

Sorry KLK ..I'm gonna reply :(
You signed up on Kiteforum exactly eight weeks ago and have made two posts total.
Both right here and neither of them constructive.
Your first post read like a thinly veiled attempt to say the Renegade is nothing special (other than it is red), asking Jessica to explain to you about kites that you say you are familiar with, in your second post.
Clearly, you can learn more by looking at kites in flight, touching them and asking your local crew about the kites, than playing the game you attempted with Jessica.
Your second post an accusation that Dimitri is fabricating customer e-mails, that North bars are light years ahead and set the industry standard, Epics current and soon to be released bar is nasty, and that I am employed by Epic.
Your identity (your profile has zero information) and motives are in question, easily as much as Dimitris customers (e-mails) names and identities.
KLK wrote:Hey Jessica-
I know you're involved with Epic and since you are also a skilled kiter what can you tell me about this great kite from the picture (apart from the fact that it's red).
What sets it apart from the other kites on the market and what should I expect from the changes that have been made?

I have to be honest, it looks like almost every other kite photographed from that angle but I look forward to you opinion.
KLK wrote:Long time reader, first time poster.

Firstly Dimitri, if you are going to blank out the names of kite companies that your "customer" has "sent" you please try to blank them out properly as we can clearly read the name of North and Liquid Force. The fact that your "customer" has singled out two of the most established companies both of which produce some of the best equipment I have used in 11 years of kiting makes me wonder about the validity of your "customer's" email and identity.

There are a number of Epic riders at my local beach so I am familiar with the products. The kites seem great although bridal wear does seem to be a problem (easily fixed I know but irritating if your kite is out of action). The bar is terrible. I have seen the new one, and whilst the chicken loop is improved greatly the rest of the bar continues to look cheap and nasty. Poor foam which was already pinched and chipped, nasty non marine grade screws which already show signs of rust. The last thing I want to see when I'm hanging onto a kite in 30 knots is a bar with rust. As you have brought up North in your "customer's" email you may want to take a look at their 2013 bar which is light years ahead of the new Epic bar and sets industry standards in quality and safety.

This is constructive criticism
Oldnbroken you needn't bother replying to this post.
As far as I'm concerned you have no credibility as you are clearly in the employ of Epic.
The gear I use currently consists of kites from four different companies, bars consisting of parts from six different companies, and boards from five different companies.
Dimitri is a friend, and Epic is a company that has provided good gear at good prices and I have had good customer service from them.
Communication between Epic and myself has never been a problem.
Alexey and Caesar seem to be having some kind of communication problem, that many other customers are obviously not having.
And I'm pretty sure negative forum bashing won't solve their problems.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Caesar » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:40 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:.Alexey and Caesar seem to be having some kind of communication problem, that many other customers are obviously not having.
And I'm pretty sure negative forum bashing won't solve their problems.
Negative forum bashing? What is wrong with stating facts and getting things straight when someone posts lies?
How in your holy opinion would Epic solve our problems. Hearing from Dimitri (and I quote): that Epic's "Customer service is out of this world from what other customers have told us. We always take care of our customers the best we can and we always stand behind our products 100% and sometimes go out of our way to help them."
Well in my case Epic failed (and I'm only speaking here for myself) and there was no misunderstanding from my side. I asked for working QR's to replace mine which are not working in emergency situations. I did not get them and I told the Epic owner that I did not receive them from Blade. Yes, since I wanted to go kiting I bought a working QR but that does not mean that Epic still owes me replacement. What about the other issue which occurred as a result of the failed Epic QR?
Then I asked for struts to replace the faulty one at that time and I was told to get them stitched together again here and I would get a credit of $25.00 for the fix of 2 struts on my next purchase. Well, I did (and do) not purchase anymore Epic products. In the meantime all struts broke.
Dimitri, why don't you (after all these discussions and clearing matters up) attempt to stand behind your products 100% and fix the issues which are still unresolved?

OnB (and all other "Epic followers") - you can go on and on that we are bad customers. But I am a C-U-S-T-O-M-E-R (write that word down a few times so you understand what that means) who was not treated correctly.

Flysurf77
Medium Poster
Gear: EPIC KITEBOARDING
Brand Affiliation: IKO/PADI/EPIC/WAINMAN

Postby Flysurf77 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:30 am

Caesar, could you please make a short(20 sec should be enough) movie showing your QR not working so we can better understand what you are talking about and find you a solution?
Also, you were saying you had 6 struts with problems...how many struts has the Screamer 10 Ltd?
Thanks.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Caesar » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:37 am

Flysurf77 wrote:Caesar, could you please make a short(20 sec should be enough) movie showing your QR not working so we can better understand what you are talking about and find you a solution?
Also, you were saying you had 6 struts with problems...how many struts has the Screamer 10 Ltd?
Thanks.
Hi,

Sure. The spring scale goes to 50Kg. I did that clip after the accident in *perfect and unloaded* conditions to show to Dimitri. You can see how much force I needed to open that darn piece.

Regarding the 6 strut repairs, please count them on the photo below (click on the photo to zoom). Please also note the strut on the bottom of the photo below the letter "m" of the word Screamer. That will be breaking next (and very shortly). Maybe that kite was one of the Genius' prototype with different strut material (it feels like plastic to me)? You tell me!

Cheers
Caesar

3GScreamer10LTD-struts.jpg

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Westozzy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:30 am

Well the evidence is mounting. Time to get the popcorn out... I do hope though that at the end of this, at least information from all parties can be used to improve. Glass half full sort of guy...

Can't wait for the next instalment....

Flysurf77
Medium Poster
Gear: EPIC KITEBOARDING
Brand Affiliation: IKO/PADI/EPIC/WAINMAN

Postby Flysurf77 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:01 am

Thanks for the video.
I find it pretty easy to release knowing that you are able to open it with only one finger and with a fully extended arm, which is a position allowing very little strength.
The way you were describing it I thought the QR was hard to open!?
I use to have a QR from an other brand that tended to open by itself due to vibration during the riding and I found that very dangerous as it was releasing by itself and putting me in bad situation! A bit of resistance is a good thing in my opinion! Just my two cents!
About the kite, it happened to me with two of my kites, two different brands, but they had a lot of life behind them and pretty beat up!
Yours looks pretty beat up too, even the pain is coming off! I guess too much sun, sand, salt water......etc!
Now I take real good care of my kites, specially packing them, and nothing like that happens anymore!

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Westozzy » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:00 am

So what do you do differently when packing up to conserve your kite quality ?

Return to “Kitesurfing”