Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Bandit 6 on a Bandit 3 bar.

Forum for kitesurfers
ptben
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Anywhere in North Wales
Favorite Beaches: Rhosneigr (UK), Gwithian (UK), Ponta Preta & Ponta Leme (Sal, Cape Verde)
Gear: Slingshot | Ride Engine
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot | Ride Engine

Bandit 6 on a Bandit 3 bar.

Postby ptben » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:52 am

Does anyone know if a Bandit 6 will fly on a Bandit 3 bar without adjustment ?

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bandit 6 on a Bandit 3 bar.

Postby eldadgold » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:13 am

Any bar that has all 4 lines the same length will work on a B6.
However it might change the kites flying characteristics a little if the Y is positioned far from the original position found on a B6 bar.

ptben
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Anywhere in North Wales
Favorite Beaches: Rhosneigr (UK), Gwithian (UK), Ponta Preta & Ponta Leme (Sal, Cape Verde)
Gear: Slingshot | Ride Engine
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot | Ride Engine

Postby ptben » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:34 pm

eldadgold wrote:Any bar that has all 4 lines the same length will work on a B6.
However it might change the kites flying characteristics a little if the Y is positioned far from the original position found on a B6 bar.
How would it affect the characteristics? I went for a Slingshot bar instead of the F-One and found the back lines to be very slack. I wanted to try my old Bandit 3 bar to see if it improved. If it did, I might have to go back and change my two new Slingshot bars for F-One bars. I went for the Slingshot bar as I got a much better deal, which when bars cost what they do know, made a difference.

Air_Pharaoh
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Ras Sedr, Red Sea
Favorite Beaches: To be decided
Gear: F-One Bandit Kites
Mystic Harness
Been thanked: 0

Postby Air_Pharaoh » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:48 pm

ptben wrote:
How would it affect the characteristics? I went for a Slingshot bar instead of the F-One and found the back lines to be very slack. I wanted to try my old Bandit 3 bar to see if it improved. If it did, I might have to go back and change my two new Slingshot bars for F-One bars. I went for the Slingshot bar as I got a much better deal, which when bars cost what they do know, made a difference.

I am using an RRD Bar with a 12m Bandit 4. It works okay. I would suggest that you can try your old bandit 3 bar on the beach before hitting the water to see if you get the response that you want. I know an F-one distributor in Chicago that can probably help you out. Message me and Ill send you his contact info.

kochease
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Hood River
Jones Beach
Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Cayman Islands
Jones Beach, Or
Manzanita, Or
Maui
Style: Freestyle
Gear: F-One, Blade, Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Shop Owner and PASA kiteboard instructor

Postby kochease » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:15 am

I fly my 55cm B3 bar on the 2013 bandit 6 kites just fine. I have had no issues at all. Use B3 bar with my 11m and my 9m. love the speed of the 55cm bar. not sure why they switched it up to 52cm...but the 55cm B3 bar works perfect for me.

fourperf
Frequent Poster

Postby fourperf » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:02 pm

ptben wrote:

for a slingshot bar use some nsi pigtail on the front lines

Return to “Kitesurfing”