Forum for kitesurfers
edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Re: Bar Parts - where to buy

Postby edt » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:15 am

jyetley wrote:Switch Kites offer all their individual bar components for sale in one convenient place and at great prices. Their current bar system is a mini-5th line configuration with an above-the-bar depower cleating system, which I just love! No more below the bar or strap systems for me!

Furthermore, Switch is planning on releasing a new bar system this summer, which has been promoted to provide improved safety and control.....most likely through a single-line swivel. But best of all, all these new parts will be available for individual purchase to upgrade existing bars.

Www.switchkites.com

BAR PARTS:
http://switchkites.com/warehouse_comp/i ... 29475700sy

useless 1. He wants single center not mini fifth 2. Every thing is"out of stock"

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:35 am

If you want one of those little rounded square thingies that are on the Naish line I will send you one. PM me your address.
edit: never mind just saw you ordered one already. :)

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:50 pm

Thanks Tautologies

jyetley, I am building a bar that releases to a single center line. Good to hear you guys are taking another look at your bar though, may I suggest going to a pull/pull strap system rather then the above the bar cleat? I know it is not as clean looking but that velcro never holds the slack line in place and I have seen it wrap around the center line and even through the lines above the cleat potentially causing a malfunction if you had to release the kite to safety.
I have also had difficulty pulling the line out of the cleat, and while I can manage this my wife of 120lbs would likely not be able to if I struggle with it.
I actually purchased Switches cleat when I purchased my wetsuit from them but have decided not to use it because of the reasons above.
Looking forward to see your new bar!

Pete

jyetley
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Millacs MN, Pepin WI, Clear Lake IA
Favorite Beaches: Spring: Texas's Laguna Madre or Florida's Pan Handle.
Summer: Michigan's Western Shore
Fall: Upper Mississippi River
Winter: Utah's Wasatch or Wyoming's Teton Mountains.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ozone, Slingshot, Best
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jyetley » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:06 pm

1. Title of this thread is "Bar Parts - Where to buy" - Www.switchkites.com is a good source.
2. Single Line Safety components to be released for the first time next month.
3. Currently, only the Chicken Loop Assemblies are out of stock. - Not everything.
4. Inventories are constantly replenished. Application will automatically email customer when availability.
5. Great source for some great parts at super prices!

Lines, extensions, pigtails, leashes, organizers, cleats, floating stopper balls, ETC...
http://switchkites.com/warehouse_comp/
http://switchkites.com/warehouse_comp/i ... 3ac506df57

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:17 pm

jyetley wrote:1. Title of this thread is "Bar Parts - Where to buy" - Www.switchkites.com is a good source.
3. Currently, only the Chicken Loop Assemblies are out of stock. - Not everything.
4. Inventories are constantly replenished. Application will automatically email customer when availability.

Lines, extensions, pigtails, leashes, organizers, cleats, floating stopper balls, ETC...
I've just converted a Switch bar to single line flagging.

I did find there was a burr on the inside of the chickenloop swivel which I had to sand away as it was catching a little on the bungee line as it went through.
I was transferring the chickenloop from an anchor rock to my spreader bar and the pull from the kite as it sat parked on the water at the side of the window was enough to make the reassembly of the Q/R difficult.
The cleat seems to work OK but I agree with Laughingman that I would prefer a strap system.

But it was a good bar to work with and good value for money.

The new one will be of interest and it is a lot easier to switch a bar from one front line flagging to two front line flagging.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:22 pm

jyetley wrote:1. Title of this thread is "Bar Parts - Where to buy" - Www.switchkites.com is a good source.

chicken loop is the only thing either me or the original poster would want to buy, you know how many spare bars, leaders, steel o rings, pig tails, cleats stopper balls and leashes we have?

What he needs is a chicken loop safety release both sizes are out of stock bro.

The hardest part of a bar to self fabricate by hand is the chicken loop safety release, that's the part I'm always looking for when I make a new bar.

also can you make some smaller g10 fins, $40 is a good price for a set but I ride in 2 inches of water and long fins stick in the bottom and I rag doll.

Return to “Kitesurfing”