Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Looking for Reviews --> Airush Lithium 2013 (esp. 10/14 sqm)

Forum for kitesurfers
SOB
Rare Poster
Local Beach: everywhere
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Looking for Reviews --> Airush Lithium 2013 (esp. 10/14 sqm)

Postby SOB » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi guys,

hs got anyone an idea where to find reviews reg. the actual Lithium?

regards

SOB

Manuel V
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Shacks, Puerto Rico
Favorite Beaches: For Surfing:
Rocky Point, Hawaii
Colorado, Nicaragua
Indicators, Rincon, Puerto Rico

Kiteboarding:
Anegada, BVI
Shacks, PR
Style: Intermediate wave, TT hooked
Gear: 6,7 and 9 M Ozone REO V4
9M Ozone Edge V9
12M Ozone Enduro 2017
Flysurfer speed 5 9M and 11M
Jimmy Lewis 5'9" Shack
Cohete Dizer 5'10"
Shinn BronQ 133x41 2015
Shinn Foil Model F
Slingshot Tyrant 5'8" 2014
Stretch The thing 5'6" kitesurfing construction

Re: Looking for Reviews --> Airush Lithium 2013 (esp. 10/14

Postby Manuel V » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:07 pm

Here is the link for the Kiteworld mag review for 2013 Lithium 10M

http://www.airush.com/blog/blog/2013-ai ... ium-review

The 2013 is very similar to 2012, the bar pressure is less on the 2013.

Really easy to fly kite and water relaunch is one of the best atributes of the Lithium's.

Lithiums are one of the best all around kites on the market.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:07 am

Search the Aussie seabreeze forum fair bit there

John-B
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Troon Scotland
Favorite Beaches: Pigs Bay El Medano
Style: Having fun!
Gear: 2017 Airush Union 6/9/12 and 135 Shinn Ronson
Brand Affiliation: Airush/Shinn

Postby John-B » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:42 pm

For anyone interested in the Lithium I spent about 3 hours on a 9m yesterday in well powered to very powered conditions and I’m still smiling this morning… the thing can boost!

To start I’d say the Lithium would probably not be on a list of kites I’d go for… just too delta for me (I ride Airush Razors). This means it would sit and pull from too deep in the window for my style of riding and I thought it would feel too heavy and disconnected compared to something like the Razor. However, I was very pleasantly surprised and don’t get me wrong it is a delta but in a good way.

It was setup stock and the bar pressure was more than I’m used to but by no means ultra heavy and I did spend 3 hours on it with no twinges today so I’d say it is definitely more medium in a positive way and it can be lessened by adjusting the bridle. The steering was also much better than I thought and compared to the Razor it is going to have a disconnect but it was by no means spongy and I knew where the kite was and what it was doing all the time. The turns were also better than expected – you can spin it very quick with little power, but if you are more progressive with the bar you can have good constant feel and more power throughout.

I’m 77kg and I was on a 132 Monk Forever with the wind going from about mid 20’s to low 30’s – not gusty just peaks and lulls and I did depower it a bit at one point but never fully. It is a very powerful kite in the sheet-in-and-go sense, it has some grunt and it has to be ridden using a bit more of the bar throw than edging but the delivery is very good – like torque in a sporty diesel car you know it is on tap and you don’t need to rev the nuts off it. You can also shut a great deal of power off and slash about or ride at it with it following you and doing what you want and when you need the power sheet in.

Now what this all adds up to and the best thing about this kite is if you send it overhead and sheet in you will go up… and then some. You don’t even have to be very aggressive with it and compared to some of the hybrids that rely on speed through the window the Lithium is almost lazy. You get good climb – not rocket like, but you get up there and the hang-time is excellent plus when you come in to land you can just sheet in and touch down effortlessly. The rate of turn it has can also be used to good effect when landing as it is so easy to make it spin and do a down-loop transition to ride out the other way.

Yesterday I would be cutting about playing in some wind blown swell and see a perfect ramp coming so boost – and I mean really boost as in looking down on the kites around you. I’d hang about a bit and enjoy the view spotting where I want to land and use the sheeting to control the decent and at the last second down-loop to land toe-side and transition/slash my way out. Bloody brilliant fun!

If you are a freerider (not aiming to unhook loads) who wants a park and ride kite that uncomplicated, powerful, stable and very easy to use but is also a huge amount of fun then the Lithium ticks a lot of boxes… and then some.

I’ll say it again – brilliant fun! :thumb:

noel
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby noel » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:20 pm

I have a 7 and 10m 2013 Lithium that I ride on gusty days and use in my school for teaching. It is hands down one of the best delta kites I have flown. Plenty of adjustments to fly it the way you like. Very good lift and ride with light to medium bar pressure. (adjustable) it doesn't stall easily and goes upwind with ease. Relaunch is better than most and doesn't stick to the water or stall upon relaunch. Both sizes have great range and the 10 can be used w/ a Door board @ 12-15 knots. It pulls very good through the turn but is made to be more of a hooked In kite. It can be unhooked and fun but not as much as other models. (I am on 2013 Varial X which has some of the best lift of any kite (of any brand) to date and also unhooks extremely well.) Just like most kites, it does like to be pumped up hard. I can't tell you anything about the 14 as we ordered one in November and was never able to get one before our season ended in May. Was always told they were out of stock although I don't know anyone that has one or has seen one. I have been kind of bummed and am hopeing to get a 2014 14m Lithium.

Hope this helps!

John-B
Frequent Poster

Postby John-B » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:52 pm

The 14m has been getting very good feedback here in the UK at demo events and the 12/14 are standouts for the bigger guys.

Being in Scotland I don't need a big/lightwind kite much and I have a Slayer 54 coming to cover those days 8)

windtzu
Medium Poster

Postby windtzu » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:58 pm

Disclosure:

Not a team rider ;)

Intermediate

73 kg

Ride one-half of the time on a strapless surfboard - small waves & ocean swell and twin tip freeriding the other half of the time

Formally on Cabrinha Switchblades...and fell in lust with the Airush Lithium on one demo afternoon > also tried 013 North Rebels (nice kite as well).

It's been almost one full season on my 013 Lithiums (12m & 9m) and while there's so many great kites to choose, I always feel like it's coming home when I get back on my Lithiums. While every kite can't be all things for all riders, these fit me like a glove. My recommendation is to demo one first if you get the chance.

SonnyRider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: A muddy estuary 40 miles from home called Weston super mare.
Favorite Beaches: So many. In no particular order - Outer Hebrides, Wales, Cornwall, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Portugal, Brazil, Barbados, Sardinia
Style: Strapless surfboard & strapless foiling
Gear: Airush Wave 7, 9, 10, Ultra v2's 7, 10, 14 and sometimes my GF's Airush Diamonds, 5.5, 7, 9, 12, Varial X 14m

Firewire Evo Helium 5'3" , Airush Converse 6'. Shinn Mega k carbon with a 75cm mast. Building a 120 carbon pocket board
Brand Affiliation: I like the build & ethics and kites from Airush. I've had Ozone, Liquid Force, PLKB, Flexifoil

Postby SonnyRider » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:24 am

I've been lucky enough to have a couple of sessions (demo) on a 14m
It was a while back, so my memory is a little foggy

I weigh 95kgs and ride a 135 Dundee

It is a great light wind kite, pulls like a train, it is pretty fast for a 14 . It is a delta kite, so has the easy pull the bar in for power
It does have heavy bar pressure, but you can adjust that to make it lighter. I did

If I didn't have my old Zephyr I would put the 14m Lithium for the lightwind days high on my list

I also had the 12m at the same time so I could compare the two. The 12m is obviously a faster kite, so with that fact, you can generate power by working it.

A friend also had a go on both of them, similar (ish) weight and we both agreed the 12 was the better kite, mainly due to being able to generate power and not pull like a truck in the higher gusts.
The 14 has a truck load of power :o

I agree with John-B's comment - " It is a very powerful kite in the sheet-in-and-go sense, it has some grunt and it has to be ridden using a bit more of the bar throw than edging but the delivery is very good – like torque in a sporty diesel car you know it is on tap and you don’t need to rev the nuts off it. You can also shut a great deal of power off and slash about or ride at it with it following you and doing what you want and when you need the power sheet in."

Both (12 & 14)are very good kites, but not for my style. I prefer my GF's 8m Varial X and my 9m Wave

I'm still looking for my holy grail 12m :roll:

John-B
Frequent Poster

Postby John-B » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:49 am

SonnyRider wrote: I'm still looking for my holy grail 12m :roll:
Snap - let me know how you get on when Mr.B sends you the new W12 to try :wink:

The 9m Wave has been the first kite to tempt me away from Razors but what I pair it with has been the dilemma... :-?

SonnyRider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: A muddy estuary 40 miles from home called Weston super mare.
Favorite Beaches: So many. In no particular order - Outer Hebrides, Wales, Cornwall, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Portugal, Brazil, Barbados, Sardinia
Style: Strapless surfboard & strapless foiling
Gear: Airush Wave 7, 9, 10, Ultra v2's 7, 10, 14 and sometimes my GF's Airush Diamonds, 5.5, 7, 9, 12, Varial X 14m

Firewire Evo Helium 5'3" , Airush Converse 6'. Shinn Mega k carbon with a 75cm mast. Building a 120 carbon pocket board
Brand Affiliation: I like the build & ethics and kites from Airush. I've had Ozone, Liquid Force, PLKB, Flexifoil

Postby SonnyRider » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:21 pm

John-B wrote:
SonnyRider wrote: I'm still looking for my holy grail 12m :roll:
Snap - let me know how you get on when Mr.B sends you the new W12 to try :wink:

The 9m Wave has been the first kite to tempt me away from Razors but what I pair it with has been the dilemma... :-?
In a way I'm kind'a worried, I might like it and have to buy it ;)

Also curious about the 2014 VX's, they sound interesting too

Return to “Kitesurfing”